Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 55 Pikeville 14
Its hard to understand the jelousey that goes against belfry if it isnt because of the wv matewan crap its you aint won nothing other than football Belfry is competitive in all sports they may not win at everything,but i can say belfry is more known accross this great state of ky than any of the rest of our area schools except for pike central cheaters of last year.Confusednicker:
Belfry is Belfry... either you love em' or hate em'.... People need to remember, these are KIDS .... NOT adults out there on the field!
wooderson Wrote:If Pikeville fans want to "brag" about their success in other sports I believe there are other forums on here that only discuss those sports. This forum is for football, as is this thread, so the talk should be about the total dominance and ever increasing gap between Pikeville and Belfry's football program.
But on a side note, how many region championships has Pikeville won in boys basketball over the last 20-25 years? Belfry has three, albeit 20+ years ago, but if Pikeville can base their longstanding tradition on three football championships that were won over 20 years ago why cant Belfry fans do the same in basketball?
We are "bragging" (not really) only because other posters brought up what has Pikeville done in other sports? If I wanted to "brag", I would have responded to the poster with an outright listing of what exactly they have won over the past 20 years in other sports. MAtter of fact, since somone asked that specific question, believe I will. Have to do a little research to make sure my facts are correct.
wooderson Wrote:If Pikeville fans want to "brag" about their success in other sports I believe there are other forums on here that only discuss those sports. This forum is for football, as is this thread, so the talk should be about the total dominance and ever increasing gap between Pikeville and Belfry's football program.
But on a side note, how many region championships has Pikeville won in boys basketball over the last 20-25 years? Belfry has three, albeit 20+ years ago, but if Pikeville can base their longstanding tradition on three football championships that were won over 20 years ago why cant Belfry fans do the same in basketball?

A state championship is a tad greater than a regional championship lol...But go right ahead...do you really want to compare 3 regional championships to Pikeville's basketball tradition? Because if you do that, you will look very very bad.:popcorn:
red&white Wrote:Its hard to understand the jelousey that goes against belfry if it isnt because of the wv matewan crap its you aint won nothing other than football Belfry is competitive in all sports they may not win at everything,but i can say belfry is more known accross this great state of ky than any of the rest of our area schools except for pike central cheaters of last year.Confusednicker:

:lame: EVERYBODY KNOWS WHO & WHAT WAS BEHIND THAT BULL SH*T SO LEAVE US THE HELL OUT OF YOUR WHINING! :booo::flush::moon:
:zzz:don,t worry about what i post i asked a question why was he out i know there is more to the game than run blocking got alot to do wit it pirates do a good job at that.i was just asking about the thorobred keep him warm not luke warm.justin is a great kid and so is his family so don,t disrespect them some of the best people in belfry and pikeville good luck the rest of the season. wish the pirates well
Can we please get this thread back on topic?

If you wan't to discuss all the other crap being flung around in this thread, then please go to the appropriate forum and start a thread.

This thread is to discuss Belfry/Pikeville game from this past Friday night, PLEASE lets keep the discussion on that game.

It is so frustrating to come on here to try and read about and discuss football games and have to wade through a bunch of nonsense and childish bragging and name calling.
^^^I agree. I hate losing to Belfry, it makes me crazy for a whole weekend. But I'm usually okay by Monday morning.
Baseball state tournament appearances:

Belfry: 1 (1961) Overall record 0-1
PHS: 1 (2010) Overall record 2-1

Basketball state tournament appearances:

Belfry: 3 (1990, 91, 92) Overall record 1-3
PHS: 14 (first 1921, last 1999) Overall record 12-14

Girls basketball state tournament appearances:

Belfry: 6 (first 1984 last 2010) Overall record 2-6
PHS: 2 (1979, 1980) Overall record 0-2

Football:

Belfry: 6 (overall record 2-4 in finals) 2 state championships
PHS: 6 (overall record 3-3 in finals) 3 state championships, 4 if count media voted 1955

Girls softball:

Belfry: 2 region winners, 2 state tourney appearances
PHS: 5 region winners, 5 state tourney appearances

Cheerleading:

Belfry: I found a blurb that says they won KAPOS state at large championship in 2009-10, that is it.
PHS: 4 consecutive state KAPOS cheerleading state championship teams, 4 national champion teams (most recent 2007)
Sorry, had to do it^^^^.

I promise, no more posts about this on this thread. :HitWall:
Pikeville B-ball has a tradition? :zzz:
Big Don Wrote:Pikeville B-ball has a tradition? :zzz:

A huge one. Now go back to sleep.
Jesus... this is still going on?

We have mention of basketball from the 1920's, cheerleading, some of the worst spelling and grammar I have ever witnessed, and predictions for next year's baseball season all because the Belfry Freshman Squad converted a 4th Down?

Come on guys..you are all above this. Water under the bridge at this point. Move on and discuss these matters in Bowling Green in early December.

Good luck Panthers...meanwhile the only title that Belfry fans need to be worried about right now begins this Friday against SC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Jesus... this is still going on?

We have mention of basketball from the 1920's, cheerleading, some of the worst spelling and grammar I have ever witnessed, and predictions for next year's baseball season all because the Belfry Freshman Squad converted a 4th Down?

Come on guys..you are all above this. Water under the bridge at this point. Move on and discuss these matters in Bowling Green in early December.

Good luck Panthers...meanwhile the only title that Belfry fans need to be worried about right now begins this Friday against SC.

Belfry-Pikeville games bring out the redneck in all of us. It's a Hatfield-McCoy thing. Confusednicker:

But you are right. Another time and place for the other sport debates.
If pikeville would not hold all their football players back in middle school for a year or two then maybe they would compete a little better with belfry.
piratefan20 Wrote:If pikeville would not hold all their football players back in middle school for a year or two then maybe they would compete a little better with belfry.
Ignorant post. VERY few players get held back. As a matter of fact, Pikeville actually had a no hold back policy in junior high up until last year, as I recall. I will see if I can find the email. But for the most part, any hold backs had to be purely for academic reasons, etc. Don't slam Pikeville, they DID compete very well in the first half. And if you take away the first 2 minutes of the second half (3 TD's on 3 turnovers), still a competitive game, given the depth advantage Belfry has. Show a little more class and a little less a**
Pikeville is Class A, Belfry is Class AAA, Pikeville dressed 35 players, Belfry dressed roughly 90 players. Class A scores first, holds the game to 7-14 in the first half over Class AAA. Belfry's parking lot is full of West Virginia plates, coming to see their kids play. Cost of a football player in Belfry...a job, Belfry's assinine attitude....priceless.
wow things are getting a little snippy on the thread just for argument sake how many players will mingo take from belfry in the future.
buster Wrote:Pikeville is Class A, Belfry is Class AAA, Pikeville dressed 35 players, Belfry dressed roughly 90 players. Class A scores first, holds the game to 7-14 in the first half over Class AAA. Belfry's parking lot is full of West Virginia plates, coming to see their kids play. Cost of a football player in Belfry...a job, Belfry's assinine attitude....priceless.

It's hard to get up to play a team you have kicked the a-- off of
for 11 years as for WV kids there are two over here and they don't
even start we shouldn't even be talking about this hell we shouldn't
be playing this game it's been so long sense Pikeville won they dont
think they can any more as far as you run your mouth that must
mean we still kicking your a-- dont hate us because our football is
better than yours just try to make yours better.
What is this...I dont even....