Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven Ways Rick Perry Wants to Change the Constitution
There is something ironic and illogical about an atheist insisting that the government recognize the religious institution of marriage between two homosexuals, while insisting that religion has no place in government.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is something ironic and illogical about an atheist insisting that the government recognize the religious institution of marriage between two homosexuals, while insisting that religion has no place in government.

:Thumbs: That is why I asked the question of who created marriage. As far as I know it was created by God. At the very least it was created by religious people, if you want "concrete, non-Bible proof"
TheRealVille Wrote:[B]I naturally know right from wrong without a bible.[/B] Buddhists know right from wrong, and are a generally very gentle people BTW, and don't read your bible. Since you are a bible man TRT, look up the similarities between your Jesus and Horace. They are basically identical stories, yet the mythical Horace came about thousands of years before Jesus. Coincidence, I think not.

Bingo. Thank you for verifying that you bear the indentifying characteristics of the Lord's pinnacle of creation. That of man created in God's own image, with the innate awareness of right and wrong. God has revealed himself, and consequently damning awareness, of his existence through the created universe, to every man--- "so are they (you) without excuse." If you were the ultimate rising of pond scum you would function like any other organism, devoid of conscience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:[B]

Bingo. Thank you for verifying that you bear the indentifying characteristics of the Lord's pinnacle of creation. That of man created in God's own image, with the innate awareness of right and wrong. God has revealed himself, and consequently damning awareness, of his existence through the created universe, to every man--- "so are they (you) without excuse." If you were the ultimate rising of pond scum you would function like any other organism, devoid of conscience.
LOL. My two dogs know not to kill each other. There are many species that don't kill.
TheRealVille Wrote:LOL. My two dogs know not to kill each other. There are many species that don't kill.

You're confusing the 6th commandment with the fact that all men are aware of the existence of God.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is something ironic and illogical about an atheist insisting that the government recognize the religious institution of marriage between two homosexuals, while insisting that religion has no place in government.

I don't care what you call it, as long as all are treated equal. BTW Hoot, if hell is real, and you aren't a christian, ypu are going to the same hell as me. No matter how much you take up for christian principles.
Invadng Iraq for killing it's citizens was just, yet invading Libya isn't, for the very same reason?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Whether or not you believe we should be fighting a war in Iraq, it is a legal war. Not so in the case of the Libyan War, where Obama continues to violate the War Powers Act by not seeking Congressional approval for waging the war. Ironically, Congress would most likely granted approval for the action, so one must wonder why Obama decided to thumb his nose at this particular law in a manner which no president before him has done. Does he plan to start another war prior to the election and not want to be burdened by the War Powers Act? Maybe Libya is nothing more than a dry run. Americans have always rallied around its president during times of war and Obama's popularity is plummeting like a rock.

NOTE: Bush is no longer president and Rick Perry has nothing to do with the war in Iraq. My comment about the Libyan War was to draw a contrast between President Obama who is actively and aggressively violating our laws and presidential candidate, Rick Perry, who has proposed changing the US Constitution in a lawful manner in the manner proscribed by the Constitution.
The same Christian government that allowed slaves? Wouldn't allow women to vote? Really Guys?

That's not very Christian like is it?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The same Christian government that allowed slaves? Wouldn't allow women to vote? Really Guys?

What's voting rights got to do with religion? The same government that allowed slavery ended it. Who's perfect?
TheRealVille Wrote:That's where our differences come into play. America isn't a theocracy. You bring a christian perspective to the table, America is a diverse nation, not a christian nation. You and Rick Perry want to bring the Bible into our government. "Adam and Eve" have no place in government.

Hoot: My point is made, from the "tea party thread". Christians want to bring the bible into government.
Not really. Not a "Bible" point at all would you prefer if I use Sam and Betty? Instead of Adam and Eve but it doesn't rhyme as well with Adam and Steve. No where did I say the marriage had to be a religious one no assume that it does. I firmly believe (oops I typed the b word) that a judge, Justice of the peace, even a sea captain if you can find one all perform marriages between a man and a women. Religion doesn't play in marriage unless the couple wishes it too
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The same Christian government that allowed slaves? Wouldn't allow women to vote? Really Guys?

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't care what you call it, as long as all are treated equal. BTW Hoot, if hell is real, and you aren't a christian, ypu are going to the same hell as me. No matter how much you take up for christian principles.
Even if I was not a Christian, I would defend any person of faith that is subjected the the childish attacks that you make on those who are religious. The arrogance of atheism knows no bounds and it is wrong to attack another person's religious beliefs as long as those beliefs are not threatening the security, safety, and freedom of you and your family to live in peace. If my belief that religious people deserve the right to practice their beliefs free from ridicule and persecution lands me in hell, then so be it, but I do not believe that my practice of religious tolerance will keep me from Heaven.
TheRealVille Wrote:Invadng Iraq for killing it's citizens was just, yet invading Libya isn't, for the very same reason?
Focus, please. The issue of the Libyan War is not one of whether it is more or less just than the Iraq War. The issue is that President Bush followed the Constitution and the War Powers Act by seeking and obtaining Congressional support for the action in War. In contrast, President Obama is waging an illegal war against Libya for which he neither sought now obtained Congressional approval, as required by the War Powers Act.

You can dance around, change the subject, and pretend that Obama is not violating the War Powers Act but Obama's record of failing to fulfill his duties under the Constitution by faithfully executing the laws of this nation will be a major campaign issue.

That's okay. I understand why you are so reluctant to acknowledge that Obama is violating laws and behaving as a tyrant. Maybe a $1 billion campaign can buy Obama a second term but I think that he will need every penny and some Chicago-style vote fraud to have a shot. He has been the worst president in history and Jimmy Carter set the bar very low.

Is also the same government that lent a hand to Europe to stop Hitler, that helped the Iraqi people eradicate Saddam. Have given so much love, resources, food and aid to suffering countries all over the world. Have fed the poor, clothed the naked, etc.....

For everything America does wrong, many times, quiet to the media, many good things are done.

America was founded on Christian principles. No where have I ever heard anybody refer to our government as being Christian before you posted it. None the less, those principles should guide our elected officials. Even Bill Clinton goes to church once on a while to sort of get his moral compass tweeked a little. If it can be clearly shown that some governmental action violates the scriptures in point or in practice, I believe we would be far better off to abandon that particular course of action.

But, to your point, men have made slaves of other men since the beginning of time. History is full of mention about slavery. The point about slavery that we are not allowed to mention in these politically correct days, is the fact that the majority of slaves were not treated badly and, they were not generally an unhappy lot. Do you ever check up on all this stuff or do you just lap up the liberal drivel ladled out by what ever prof is in front of you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:America was founded on Christian principles. No where have I ever heard anybody refer to our government as being Christian before you posted it. None the less, those principles should guide our elected officials. Even Bill Clinton goes to church once on a while to sort of get his moral compass tweeked a little. If it can be clearly shown that some governmental action violates the scriptures in point or in practice, I believe we would be far better off to abandon that particular course of action.

But, to your point, men have made slaves of other men since the beginning of time. History is full of mention about slavery. The point about slavery that we are not allowed to mention in these politically correct days, is the fact that the majority of slaves were not treated badly and, they were not generally an unhappy lot. Do you ever check up on all this stuff or do you just lap up the liberal drivel ladled out by what ever prof is in front of you?
Did you just defend slavery? lol I mean I am a Republican. But, owning another person probably is not the way to go about things haha.
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of
mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a
great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state
will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our
allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he
has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and
he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to
deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking
and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States
the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein
because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction
in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively
to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the
next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated
the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

the big diffrence between what these people said above is they
did not go to war because if you going to put american men and
women in harm's way you better be 110% right and we was dead
wrong if you want see how you throw a dictator out just watch
what's going over in Libya not the first american man or
woman killed
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/0...-you-sign/
Apparently the Libyians are grateful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Panther Thunder Wrote:Did you just defend slavery? lol I mean I am a Republican. But, owning another person probably is not the way to go about things haha.

I said HISTORICALLY man has enslaved other men. By no means was it good, or moral, just saying it wasn't always life under a whip. Again, I would suggest that actually reading about these things for one's self could be beneficial. Slavery ended in the USA for good around 1860. By my reckoning that was about a 150 years ago. We don't have that problem anymore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Perry sure knows how to help those, that help him.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/...f=politics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Here is what Perry thinks about Middle America.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leonardburma...ome-taxes/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vector Wrote:"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of
mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a
great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state
will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our
allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he
has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and
he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
weapons throughout his country."
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to
deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking
and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States
the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein
because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction
in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively
to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the
next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated
the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

the big diffrence between what these people said above is they
did not go to war because if you going to put american men and
women in harm's way you better be 110% right and we was dead
wrong if you want see how you throw a dictator out just watch
what's going over in Libya not the first american man or
woman killed
I would much rather see a dictator in power in Tripoli than in Washington, DC. Obama's actions in Libya were illegal. He refused to follow a duly enacted law by not getting Congressional approval of his actions - approval that he almost certainly would have received. We have an outlaw in the White House and most liberals seem okay with that.
how short of a memory we got brother HOOT

Invasion of Grenada
Invasion of Panama
Since war IN IRAQ began 3/19/03
us deaths 4474
us wounded 33125
total cost of the Iraq war at $3 trillion This price tag dwarfed
previous estimates, including the Bush administration's 2003
projections of a $50 billion to $60 billion war.
THAT'S NOT COUNTING THE INTEREST
Amun-Ra Wrote:Perry sure knows how to help those, that help him.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/...f=politics

Let me get this straight. You would actually rather see Obama get another 4 years in the White House, than to have Perry in there? You know the NYTimes is a liberal hotbed of creative reporting. One can make numbers say anything about just about anybody. This article is nothing more than the run of the mill political bashing of anything not liberal. Crap like this will be printed every day by this rag until at long last Obama is out on street.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Let me get this straight. You would actually rather see Obama get another 4 years in the White House, than to have Perry in there? You know the NYTimes is a liberal hotbed of creative reporting. One can make numbers say anything about just about anybody. This article is nothing more than the run of the mill political bashing of anything not liberal. Crap like this will be printed every day by this rag until at long last Obama is out on street.
I didn't say I wanted Obama for another four. I actually don't want any of the people running to be in charge of this counrty. And of course I knew one of you guys would say the NY Times is nothing but liberal media. I am sure if I tried hard enough I could find some numbers from Fox News that would show the exact opposite and you all would say its the truth.

Also, every politicain can be found doing the exact samethings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheRealThing Wrote:Let me get this straight. You would actually rather see Obama get another 4 years in the White House, than to have Perry in there? You know the NYTimes is a liberal hotbed of creative reporting. One can make numbers say anything about just about anybody. This article is nothing more than the run of the mill political bashing of anything not liberal. Crap like this will be printed every day by this rag until at long last Obama is out on street.
Anyone that doesn't bow to you conservatives is a liberal rag huh? Hell yea, I would rather have Obama, as a republican.
[Image:

]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheRealThing Wrote:America was founded on Christian principles. No where have I ever heard anybody refer to our government as being Christian before you posted it. None the less, those principles should guide our elected officials. Even Bill Clinton goes to church once on a while to sort of get his moral compass tweeked a little. If it can be clearly shown that some governmental action violates the scriptures in point or in practice, I believe we would be far better off to abandon that particular course of action.

You are an idiot. That is the most absurd thing i have ever heard.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You are an idiot. That is the most absurd thing i have ever heard.
Yes, he is typical.
Typical what? Surely you didn't get from TRT's post that he was defending slavery. Did you? A couple of you guys should sharpen you comprehension skills and re-read his post.

I think his point was that every country has some kind of religion and almost all have had slavery at some point in time. Some probably still do. Slavery, way back in time, was the norm for many societies and in many, whips and shackles were not part of the deal.

Sort of like the majority of tax payers in this country are now. We're not getting chained up and beaten, but we are becoming slaves to the government.

You guys have labeled TRT as a "typical" "idiot" and if you have any gonads at all, you will apologize.

Disclaimer: In no way am I defending slavery in any form. It has, and always be deplorable in any form.