Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven Ways Rick Perry Wants to Change the Constitution
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/seven...34517.html

It seems as if Yahoo! wrote this piece to bash him, but after I read it, I like 6 of the 7 ideas. Yahoo! your story backfired, it made me a Perry fan.
LWC Wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/seven...34517.html

It seems as if Yahoo! wrote this piece to bash him, but after I read it, I like 6 of the 7 ideas. Yahoo! your story backfired, it made me a Perry fan.

Welcome to the bright side!:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/seven...34517.html

Everyone needs to be careful about any political bias. We have to make sure to filter all political bias from anything that we read or watch in order to find the truth.

As I'm sure everyone here knows, all political bias is bad, whether it be from Democrats or Republicans. Be very careful in what you read or watch.
TheRealThing Wrote:Welcome to the bright side!:biggrin:

Scrap the federal income tax by repealing the Sixteenth Amendment?
To me they wasn't bashing him.,
He couldn't get my vote because of point #6.
TheRealVille Wrote:He couldn't get my vote because of point #6.

#6 and 7 are two of the reasons he WOULD get my vote.
Throw in a no illegal immigrants fight and he'd be the best thing since milk.
If they throw out the whole "if youre born in the country your legal" out and deport ALL illegal citizens and dont let nobody else in. Yes, i said nobody from another country should get citizenship, this would take the population here down and open up more jobs consistently on yearly basis.
Id also like to see all the liberals deported, but im not to greedy so ill just stick with my above mentioned stuff:biggrin:
I find it amusing that millions of people voted for and support our current president who has repeatedly thumbed his nose at the US Constitution but who will nonetheless vote against a candidate who supports hypothetical changes to the Constitution with which they disagree.

It is far more important that our president respect the Constitution and to faithfully uphold laws passed in accordance with that document.

How do those of you who would oppose Rick Perry based on his opinion that the Constitution should be changed after two-thirds of the members of Congress vote to approve those changes, followed by ratification by three-fourths of the states feel about Barack Obama continuing to violate the Constitution on a daily basis?

For openers, Obama is openly violating the War Powers Act by refusing to obtain the approval of Congress for the United States' participation in the war against Libya. Another example, but only one of many, is the Obama administration's refusal to cooperate in the investigation of Congress's investigation of the Fast and Furious gun running operation in which the administration facilitated the sale of weapons to a Mexican drug cartel that have been used in crimes that have resulted in dozens of deaths, including the killing of a US border agent.

If Perry couldn't get your vote because of his opinion on a hypothetical Constitutional amendment that will never become law, does that mean Obama earns your vote for behaving like a banana republic dictator and ignoring the Constitution?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I find it amusing that millions of people voted for and support our current president who has repeatedly thumbed his nose at the US Constitution but who will nonetheless vote against a candidate who supports hypothetical changes to the Constitution with which they disagree.

It is far more important that our president respect the Constitution and to faithfully uphold laws passed in accordance with that document.

How do those of you who would oppose Rick Perry based on his opinion that the Constitution should be changed after two-thirds of the members of Congress vote to approve those changes, followed by ratification by three-fourths of the states feel about Barack Obama continuing to violate the Constitution on a daily basis?

For openers, Obama is openly violating the War Powers Act by refusing to obtain the approval of Congress for the United States' participation in the war against Libya. Another example, but only one of many, is the Obama administration's refusal to cooperate in the investigation of Congress's investigation of the Fast and Furious gun running operation in which the administration facilitated the sale of weapons to a Mexican drug cartel that have been used in crimes that have resulted in dozens of deaths, including the killing of a US border agent.

If Perry couldn't get your vote because of his opinion on a hypothetical Constitutional amendment that will never become law, does that mean Obama earns your vote for behaving like a banana republic dictator and ignoring the Constitution?
It's not a war, it's a police action.
With those things mentioned in his plans, i think he would be just the thing for us as a country to get back on track and shut up the far left liberal, tree huggin, homosexual public that we see so much of in our media today.
After all, with this president were going to be back to horse and buggies along with killing our dinners we will be eating once theres no more money to borrow and he gets all of our asses broke.
TheRealVille Wrote:He couldn't get my vote because of point #6.

That would be one of the main reasons why he would get my vote. How could anyone not support someone who would advocate getting rid of one of the most disgusting, sick, immoral, and perverted acts that man has ever concocted on this earth.
Bob Seger Wrote:That would be one of the main reasons why he would get my vote. How could anyone not support someone who would advocate getting rid of one of the most disgusting, sick, immoral, and perverted acts that man has ever concocted on this earth.
Because I think all citizens are equal to me, and should have the same rights. It's disgusting to you, but not to gay citizens. I go into this thought with an equal rights thought, not a god dillusion. American is a democracy, not a theocracy.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's not a war, it's a police action.
:thatsfunn Oh, the lengths to which an Obama supporter will go to support their man.

The war on Libya is a police action only if you are okay with twisting and distorting the definition of "police action" to include killing men, women, and children with cruise missiles and rockets launched from drones. For those of us who refuse to engage in Obamaspeak, our attack on the sovereign nation of Libya looks and smells like a war.
TheRealVille Wrote:Because I think all citizens are equal to me, and should have the same rights. It's disgusting to you, but not to gay citizens. I go into this thought with an equal rights thought, not a god dillusion. American is a democracy, not a theocracy.
A democracy only works when elected leaders follow duly adopted laws. Obama does not believe in such constraints and his disregard for the rule of law is a threat to our representative democracy. Funny how liberals believe in democracy but resort to the courts and a tyrannical president when elections do not go their way. Fortunately, the rule of law is scheduled to be reestablished in less than two years.
this was a war we should have never been in these people never attack us

the evidence was all made up or beefed up to get hussein but we made all

the big coroprations rich who make military equipment and supplies and we

have not paid for it

Casualties of the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (beginning with the 2003

invasion of Iraq, and continuing with the ensuing occupation of Iraq

coalition presence, as well as the activities of the various armed

groups operating in the country) have come in many forms, and the accuracy

of the information available on different types of Iraq War casualties varies

greatly.

The table below summarizes some of the Iraqi casualty figures.

Source Iraqi casualties Time period

Iraq Family Health Survey 151,000 deaths March 2003 to June 2006

Lancet survey 601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths March 2003 to June 2006

Opinion Research Business survey 1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict March 2003 to August 2007

Associated Press 110,600 deaths March 2003 to April 2009

Iraq Body Count project 98,170 — 107,152 civilian deaths as a result of the conflict.
150,726 civilian and combatant deaths[1] March 2003 to October 2010

WikiLeaks. Classified Iraq war logs[1][2][3][4] 104,924 recorded Iraqi deaths,
including 92,003[5] (or 66,081[6]) civilian deaths. January 2004 to December 2009
vector Wrote:this was a war we should have never been in these people never attack us

have not paid for it

greatly.

Lancet survey 601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths March 2003 to June 2006

Opinion Research Business survey 1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict March 2003 to August 2007

Iraq Body Count project 98,170 — 107,152 civilian deaths as a result of the conflict.

including 92,003[5] (or 66,081[6]) civilian deaths. January 2004 to December 2009
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
vector Wrote:this was a war we should have never been in these people never attack us

have not paid for it

greatly.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

have not paid for it

greatly.

Whether or not you believe we should be fighting a war in Iraq, it is a legal war. Not so in the case of the Libyan War, where Obama continues to violate the War Powers Act by not seeking Congressional approval for waging the war. Ironically, Congress would most likely granted approval for the action, so one must wonder why Obama decided to thumb his nose at this particular law in a manner which no president before him has done. Does he plan to start another war prior to the election and not want to be burdened by the War Powers Act? Maybe Libya is nothing more than a dry run. Americans have always rallied around its president during times of war and Obama's popularity is plummeting like a rock.

NOTE: Bush is no longer president and Rick Perry has nothing to do with the war in Iraq. My comment about the Libyan War was to draw a contrast between President Obama who is actively and aggressively violating our laws and presidential candidate, Rick Perry, who has proposed changing the US Constitution in a lawful manner in the manner proscribed by the Constitution.

have not paid for it

greatly.

Saddam Hussein is among the cruelest and most dangerous dictators of all time. He used chemical weapons, including mustard gas and the nerve agent GB, or Sarin, against the town of Halabja as well as dozens of Kurdish villages, killing many thousands of people, mainly women and children- His own citizens.

Search al-Anfal Campaign to learn more
Vector do you just cut and paste stuff off a progessive distribution list? Most of your post seem to read like some DNC/Progessive mass emailings:eyeroll:
back to the topic of the thread.............:moon:

1. [B]Abolish lifetime tenure for federal judges by amending Article III, Section I of the Constitution.[/B]

[B]I’m Against this. I like the principle that judges are above the petty politics of the day.[/B]

2. [B]Congress should have the power to override Supreme Court decisions with a two-thirds vote.[/B]

[B]An interesting concept- taking Checks/Balances to another level. [/B]

3.[B] Scrap the federal income tax by repealing the Sixteenth Amendment.[/B]

[B]Our current Tax structure needs to be changed. The Tax code is way to complicated and to many loopholes/deductions [/B]

4. [B]End the direct election of senators by repealing the Seventeenth Amendment.[/B]

[B]Flat out dumb. The people should vote for their representatives.[/B]

5. [B]Require the federal government to balance its budget every year.[/B]

[B]Great idea. [/B]

6. [B]The federal Constitution should define marriage as between one man and one woman in all 50 states.[/B]

[B]Should include some type of civil unions[/B]

7. [B]Abortion should be made illegal throughout the country.[/B]

[B]Killing is wrong[/B]
nky Wrote:back to the topic of the thread.............:moon:

1. [B]Abolish lifetime tenure for federal judges by amending Article III, Section I of the Constitution.[/B]

[B]I’m Against this. I like the principle that judges are above the petty politics of the day.[/B]

2. [B]Congress should have the power to override Supreme Court decisions with a two-thirds vote.[/B]

[B]An interesting concept- taking Checks/Balances to another level. [/B]

3.[B] Scrap the federal income tax by repealing the Sixteenth Amendment.[/B]

[B]Our current Tax structure needs to be changed. The Tax code is way to complicated and to many loopholes/deductions [/B]

4. [B]End the direct election of senators by repealing the Seventeenth Amendment.[/B]

[B]Flat out dumb. The people should vote for their representatives.[/B]

5. [B]Require the federal government to balance its budget every year.[/B]

[B]Great idea. [/B]

6. [B]The federal Constitution should define marriage as between one man and one woman in all 50 states.[/B]

[B]Should include some type of civil unions[/B]

7. [B]Abortion should be made illegal throughout the country.[/B]

[B]Killing is wrong[/B]
I can agree with all but the red part. I firmly believe gays should be allowed to marry, just like straight people.
TheRealVille Wrote:I can agree with all but the red part. I firmly believe gays should be allowed to marry, just like straight people.
Civil Unions are legal binding contracts just like marriage. They carry all the rights and responsibilities of a married couple. I think you need to have a distinction between a marriage between Adam and Eve and one between Adam and Steve
nky Wrote:Civil Unions are legal binding contracts just like marriage. They carry all the rights and responsibilities of a married couple. I think you need to have a distinction between a marriage between Adam and Eve and one between Adam and Steve
That's where our differences come into play. America isn't a theocracy. You bring a christian perspective to the table, America is a diverse nation, not a christian nation. You and Rick Perry want to bring the Bible into our government. "Adam and Eve" have no place in government.

Hoot: My point is made, from the "tea party thread". Christians want to bring the bible into government.
TheRealVille Wrote:That's where our differences come into play. America isn't a theocracy. You bring a christian perspective to the table, America is a diverse nation, not a christian nation. You and Rick Perry want to bring the Bible into our government. "Adam and Eve" have no place in government.

Hoot: My point is made, from the "tea party thread". Christians want to bring the bible into government.

Kindly expain to us all where the notions and dictates of morality come from if not the Bible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Kindly expain to us all where the notions and dictates of morality come from if not the Bible.
I naturally know right from wrong without a bible. Buddhists know right from wrong, and are a generally very gentle people BTW, and don't read your bible. Since you are a bible man TRT, look up the similarities between your Jesus and Horace. They are basically identical stories, yet the mythical Horace came about thousands of years before Jesus. Coincidence, I think not.
Who created marriage? Who defined what marriage is?

I do not see the argument between civil unions are marriage. If a civil union and a marriage have the exact same legal rights and responsibilities, why force the issue to include marriage? Is it just to "upset the apple-cart" and cause trouble?

I have known of civil unions in which a "wedding dress" was used, engagement rings were given, a "speaker" officiated the ceremony, etc... If everything can be the same except the word marriage and the blessing of God for the union (sorry, God is never going to bless a gay-agreement), why do people fight so hard for it?
TheRealVille Wrote:I naturally know right from wrong without a bible. Buddhists know right from wrong, and are a generally very gentle people BTW, and don't read your bible.

How would you know that without the Bible being the central figure of most cultures for morality for hundreds and thousands of years?
TheRealVille Wrote:That's where our differences come into play. America isn't a theocracy. You bring a christian perspective to the table, America is a diverse nation, not a christian nation. You and Rick Perry want to bring the Bible into our government. "Adam and Eve" have no place in government.

Though it should be. Afterall, it was a nation formed "Under God"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Though it should be. Afterall, it was a nation formed "Under God"
You do realize that "under god" was added after the fact, right?