Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word is Kenny Roark to Clay County
Maybe, you guys are right and he doesn't show up. Maybe, he is a clown. I just want the best for the program and "I think" getting on here and talking negative is not helping matters.

I'm a positive person..... I just want the best for the team..... And keeping with that.....

The Tigers could win District next year!
Earlier in this thread, someone stated that Roark has only been offered the coaching position, without a teaching job.

If that is indeed true, sounds like thus far, he has more than matched the school system's demonstrated level of commitment.

I'm sure it will all work out. Best of luck to the Tigers.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Earlier in this thread, someone stated that Roark has only been offered the coaching position, without a teaching job.

If that is indeed true, sounds like thus far, he has more than matched the school system's demonstrated level of commitment.

I'm sure it will all work out. Best of luck to the Tigers.
He claims he accepted the job (whatever it consists of) at Clay County. Shouldn't HE be demonstrating SOME level of commitment?
So what's the word? Do the Tigers have a head coach today?
Word is he showed up
Has he been given a teaching job? I know he will not be moving to Clay. So involvement in the community is out. Even with a teaching job , he has told that he will not move.
I am sure everyone has heard every rumor out there and I have been suckered in on a few I will admit but I heard he has retired from his teaching job in Middlesboro. This would allow him to draw his monthly retirement and be able to devote the amount of time needed to coach a high school team. Once again just a rumor so don't throw sticks and stones if I am wrong. Trust me it would not be the first time I was.

Best of Luck to the TIGERS......How about Jacob Hyde? What is his status at this time with CCHS?
BlueRaider4Life Wrote:I am sure everyone has heard every rumor out there and I have been suckered in on a few I will admit but I heard he has retired from his teaching job in Middlesboro. This would allow him to draw his monthly retirement and be able to devote the amount of time needed to coach a high school team. Once again just a rumor so don't throw sticks and stones if I am wrong. Trust me it would not be the first time I was.

Best of Luck to the TIGERS......How about Jacob Hyde? What is his status at this time with CCHS?

Hyde is still here.
Hyde will be playing for the Tigers for the next two years. He has also been offered a scholarship from the University of Kentucky...Congrats Hyde! A scholarship offer from an SEC school before you start your junior year is a major accomplishment!
Congrats Big Hyde......Glad to see you stick around. Keep working hard and take nothing for granted. Go TIGERS. Our chances in this new district just improved greatly.
Glad to hear that all of the uncertainty about the head coaching job is over. Now the Tigers can get down to business. And the Hyde kid's decision to stay home is a smart one, IMO.

Any offensive lineman should be very excited to get a chance to work with Coach Roark. When it comes to O-line play, Roark truly knows his stuff . . . one of the best around.

Best of luck to the kids and staff.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Glad to hear that all of the uncertainty about the head coaching job is over. Now the Tigers can get down to business. And the Hyde kid's decision to stay home is a smart one, IMO.

Any offensive lineman should be very excited to get a chance to work with Coach Roark. When it comes to O-line play, Roark truly knows his stuff . . . one of the best around.

Best of luck to the kids and staff.

You are 100% correct, best line coach in the mountians and if he stays focoused on the job Clay County could be dangerous by playoff time. Good luck to the Tigers this season and coach Roark
[quote=T1up]You are 100% correct, best line coach in the mountians and if he stays focoused on the job Clay County could be dangerous by playoff time. Good luck to the Tigers this season and coach Roark[/QUOTE Someone must have done something right the last two years for him to get an offer before his junior year. I believe Coach Deaton coached him up to this point. Why wouldn't he stay focused? Roark, I mean.
July 15 is recognized as the opening day of summer football practice. Let's end all the speculation, where did Chase Roark practice football Friday?
F.N.L. Wrote:July 15 is recognized as the opening day of summer football practice. Let's end all the speculation, where did Chase Roark practice football Friday?

I don't know about Friday but on Wed and Thur he was with Middlesboro.
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't know about Friday but on Wed and Thur he was with Middlesboro.

unless kenny moves to clay he wouldnt be able to play for them .and they have posted on here kenny is going to commute.
whats clay going to do for a qb if chase doesnt come?
He is at Middlesboro.
That's got to be rough on both father and son.
TK Baller Wrote:whats clay going to do for a qb if chase doesnt come?

The thought to be starting qb Hortan has went to Leslie County. Rumor has it that Zach Mcgeorge from the basketball team has came out and will be the new QB. A few more kids have also came out that will help Clay alot.
Does Coach Roark have a teaching position at Clay County? I talked to someone at Middlesboro today and they said he is going to be teaching at Middlesboro and coaching Clay. I don't know how this is going to work. If anyone is close to Coach Roark let us know. We would have to start practice around 4:30 or 5:00 or let the assistance do practice everyday. Hopefully I am wrong.
Found out today that Coach Roark IS teaching at CCHS. He has a PE teaching job. Man this was kept quiet or it just happened in the last few days. Either way glad to see him working daily with the kids he is coaching.
Hyper Wrote:Hyde will be playing for the Tigers for the next two years. He has also been offered a scholarship from the University of Kentucky...Congrats Hyde! A scholarship offer from an SEC school before you start your junior year is a major accomplishment!

WOW!!! Congrats Mr. Hyde!!
Heard today that if Roark does not get his tenure at Clay he will resign. Board is supposed to vote early next week.
He will have to be called back after his first year at Clay to get tenure.
Still may be looking for a coach then.
WhyLie Wrote:Heard today that if Roark does not get his tenure at Clay he will resign. Board is supposed to vote early next week.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought once tenure was reached it carried to any public school within the state. I was also under the impression that if tenure had not been reached before changing school systems, it would have to start over. I don't claim to know the answers but I would assume Roark had tenure when he was hired. Right?
Tenure- when you switch schools you lose your tenure for one year but when you resign the contract to be back the following year you regain tenure the first day in the classroom of year 2. Retirement and sick days and such are transferable in state.

Offers- A student athlete technically can not be offered before August 1 of his junior year. Colleges will tell the student they are going to ofer him but it is not recognized as an official offer before (I Believe) august 1 of his Junior year. Unlike basketball Im pretty sure that a football player can not commit until after his junior year. I believe those are the NCAA rules. UK can back out of an offer all the way until the student commits to the program and SIGNS on the first Wednesday in February of their Senior year. So I find it tough to believe that UK has officially offered a JR because he would be 18 months from being able to sign. Possible but not probable.
Koachshr Wrote:Tenure- when you switch schools you lose your tenure for one year but when you resign the contract to be back the following year you regain tenure the first day in the classroom of year 2. Retirement and sick days and such are transferable in state.

Offers- A student athlete technically can not be offered before August 1 of his junior year. Colleges will tell the student they are going to ofer him but it is not recognized as an official offer before (I Believe) august 1 of his Junior year. Unlike basketball Im pretty sure that a football player can not commit until after his junior year. I believe those are the NCAA rules. UK can back out of an offer all the way until the student commits to the program and SIGNS on the first Wednesday in February of their Senior year. So I find it tough to believe that UK has officially offered a JR because he would be 18 months from being able to sign. Possible but not probable.
Thanks Koachshr.
I don't think anyone ever said that Jacob Hyde offically signed with UK. However, he and Christain McNeal went to a one day camp at UK and the staff liked them both. Esp. Hyde.
UK made it aware that they couldn't contact anyone until this time of their Jr. year. But believe you me from what I was told. They want the Hyde kid up in Big Blue nation!!