Poll: How many seasons will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 year
41.94%
2 years
29.03%
3 years
25.81%
4 or more years
3.23%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
zaga_fan Wrote:That's what she said

LOL. I am not even going to get involved in this conversation believe it or not.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:LOL. I am not even going to get involved in this conversation believe it or not.

I think what we really need is a new thread..

"How long will Orangenowblue troll the Cordia threads?"

1 year
2 years
3 years
4 years
I believe I started this thread. When someone titles a thread "Cordia moving to the top of the region" you are opening it up for other posters from different places or schools to give their opinions. Whether they be positive or negative because the title is pretty arrogant because there is no evidence to back it up.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I believe I started this thread. When someone titles a thread "Cordia moving to the top of the region" you are opening it up for other posters from different places or schools to give their opinions. Whether they be positive or negative because the title is pretty arrogant because there is no evidence to back it up.

Just because Cordia made an excellent move and got a great coach/great player/possible recruiter is no need to bang on them like you do..

It's obvious you are down on the fact that he didn't even look LCC's way. :flame:
LCC wasn't open nor would they hire someone without head coaching experience. You may want to change your statement to a great player, potentially a good coach, and ole yeah, recruiting is ILLEGAL
OrangenowBlue Wrote:LCC wasn't open nor would they hire someone without head coaching experience. You may want to change your statement to a great player, potentially a good coach, and ole yeah, recruiting is ILLEGAL

You're right about the last - but let's just say this sparks some interest in Lotts Creek and some ball players in the 14th decided to, hmm.. Idk, switch schools to be under Rhodes? Call it what you want buddy.

And just so you know, there are some Cordia kids that do play with the likes of Beverly from PCC and Trevor Combs in the Dustbowl. A very tight knit bunch.

And to the rebuttal about not hiring him without "head coaching" experience.. It's highschool basketball, he was the assistant at some D1 colleges and Admin. assistant at UMASS. Get real buddy.. I'd say a lot of teams in the state would be knocking his door down, even your precious LCC.
Ballers Wrote:You're right about the last - but let's just say this sparks some interest in Lotts Creek and some ball players in the 14th decided to, hmm.. Idk, switch schools to be under Rhodes? Call it what you want buddy.

And just so you know, there are some Cordia kids that do play with the likes of Beverly from PCC and Trevor Combs in the Dustbowl. A very tight knit bunch.

And to the rebuttal about not hiring him without "head coaching" experience.. It's highschool basketball, he was the assistant at some D1 colleges and Admin. assistant at UMASS. Get real buddy.. I'd say a lot of teams in the state would be knocking his door down, even your precious LCC.

You was the one who stated "possible recruiter", Buddy.
It doesn't matter - I'll bet my avatar for a week against yours that LCC gets beat by Cordia this year.
Now put your money where your mouth is, "Buddy".
Ballers Wrote:Just because Cordia made an excellent move and got a great coach/great player/possible recruiter is no need to bang on them like you do..

It's obvious you are down on the fact that he didn't even look LCC's way. :flame:

I found a picture on the Internet of the press conference when Coach Rhodes was hired.

:kneel:
Ballers Wrote:It doesn't matter - I'll bet my avatar for a week against yours that LCC gets beat by Cordia this year.
Now put your money where your mouth is, "Buddy".

Yea, I'd act like I didn't hear me too.
You can't bet what you don't have.
Ballers Wrote:You're right about the last - but let's just say this sparks some interest in Lotts Creek and some ball players in the 14th decided to, hmm.. Idk, switch schools to be under Rhodes? Call it what you want buddy.

If you are trying to make the notion that either of those two would step on the floor in a Lions uniform....
you are more "off-base" than anyone on this forum.
The day Punkin sends his grandson to a Knott County school will be the day the world ceases to exist.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you are trying to make the notion that either of those two would step on the floor in a Lions uniform....
The day Punkin sends his grandson to a Knott County school will be the day the world ceases to exist.

You are 100% correct. I have heard rumors all summer that Braxton was going to Knott Central but he hasn't so far so I don't think he is going to Cordia or anywhere else. Heck he has more ties to Letcher Central then he does to Cordia.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you are trying to make the notion that either of those two would step on the floor in a Lions uniform....

OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are 100% correct. I have heard rumors all summer that Braxton was going to Knott Central but he hasn't so far so I don't think he is going to Cordia or anywhere else. Heck he has more ties to Letcher Central then he does to Cordia.

Did I strike a nerve zaga? Truth is, you or Punkin isn't their guardian. They are free and they can do and go whereever their parents advise them to go.

Wonder how Breathitt fans would take it if someone said Wes Noble was going to PCC? You need to take it down to about a 5 man.. It's possible for the kids to play anywhere they want. I just meant that with Rhodes signing on at Cordia - May it will spark some interest for a few move-overs, ya know?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You can't bet what you don't have.

Oh, I am sure I can make you one Smile
Ballers Wrote:Did I strike a nerve zaga? Truth is, you or Punkin isn't their guardian. They are free and they can do and go whereever their parents advise them to go.

Wonder how Breathitt fans would take it if someone said Wes Noble was going to PCC? You need to take it down to about a 5 man.. It's possible for the kids to play anywhere they want. I just meant that with Rhodes signing on at Cordia - May it will spark some interest for a few move-overs, ya know?

Rhodes might need to win some games first.
Ballers Wrote:Oh, I am sure I can make you one Smile

No thanks! I've got bigger fish(or Bawlers) to fry.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No thanks! I've got bigger fish(or Bawlers) to fry.

I thought LCC was a titan? If they are that much better than Cordia put it on the line or shut up already.
Ballers Wrote:I thought LCC was a titan? If they are that much better than Cordia put it on the line or shut up already.

I do not believe I stated that LCC was a titan. I do not believe you will find anywhere that I have predicted that they will win the region or even the district. I have not made any predictions as have many of the Cordia Kool-Aid drinkers. So you want me to put it on the line.

Okay here is my offer.

On January 24, LCC plays at Cordia. If LCC wins you cannot post any comments on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week following the game. If Cordia wins, I will not post any comments on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week following the game.

On February 3, Cordia plays at LCC. The same rules apply. Whoever loses does not post on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week.

This means any thread on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week after each game.

One other catch. If LCC sweeps the regular season, you cannot post on any threads on Bluegrassrivals until after the final game of the boys Sweet Sixteen. The same for me if Cordia sweeps the regular season.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not believe I stated that LCC was a titan. I do not believe you will find anywhere that I have predicted that they will win the region or even the district. I have not made any predictions as have many of the Cordia Kool-Aid drinkers. So you want me to put it on the line.

Okay here is my offer.

On January 24, LCC plays at Cordia. If LCC wins you cannot post any comments on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week following the game. If Cordia wins, I will not post any comments on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week following the game.

On February 3, Cordia plays at LCC. The same rules apply. Whoever loses does not post on Bluegrassrivals for 1 week.

One other catch. If LCC sweeps the regular season, you cannot post on any threads on Bluegrassrivals until after the final game of the boys Sweet Sixteen. The same for me if Cordia sweeps the regular season.

Sounds like a winner to me.
ballers Wrote:sounds like a winner to me.

10-4
Ballers Wrote:Did I strike a nerve zaga? Truth is, you or Punkin isn't their guardian. They are free and they can do and go whereever their parents advise them to go.

Doug Noble's ties to Breathitt don't mean much when it comes to Punkin's ties to Perry.
Does Breathitt play in Doug Nouble Arena?

How about this?
Would a school system be prepared to wave goodbye to a star player so they can move in a different direction at the head coach spot?
I'm sure that Breathitt thought that through when they told Noble they were going elsewhere.

And as to the bolded....
you said nothing of the such.
You said Braxton and Trevor play in the dustbowl with some Cordia kids and that they were a "tight-nit bunch".

Avatar bet on where Braxton and Trevor suit up this year?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:LCC wasn't open nor would they hire someone without head coaching experience. You may want to change your statement to a great player, potentially a good coach, and ole yeah, recruiting is ILLEGAL

Rhodes isn't recruiting!!! The players have came to him. He says his style is similar to Pitino and UK, run, press, and shoot alot of 3s, we will see.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not believe I stated that LCC was a titan. I do not believe you will find anywhere that I have predicted that they will win the region or even the district. I have not made any predictions as have many of the Cordia Kool-Aid drinkers. So you want me to put it on the line.

Okay here is my offer.

Neither team will sweep each other.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Rhodes isn't recruiting!!! The players have came to him. He says his style is similar to Pitino and UK, run, press, and shoot alot of 3s, we will see.

Ballers stated he was possibly a good recruiter. I just pointed out recruiting was illegal. You need to take it up with Ballers.
When Oct 15 comes around then some of this nonsense will end. You can't win the KY Derby with a mule.
zaga_fan Wrote:Doug Noble's ties to Breathitt don't mean much when it comes to Punkin's ties to Perry.
Does Breathitt play in Doug Nouble Arena?

How about this?
Would a school system be prepared to wave goodbye to a star player so they can move in a different direction at the head coach spot?
I'm sure that Breathitt thought that through when they told Noble they were going elsewhere.

And as to the bolded....
you said nothing of the such.
You said Braxton and Trevor play in the dustbowl with some Cordia kids and that they were a "tight-nit bunch".

Avatar bet on where Braxton and Trevor suit up this year?

I'll take this bet. I got Perry Central.

Nah, It'll be interesting to see where Braxton goes the year after next.
UKisN1 Wrote:When Oct 15 comes around then some of this nonsense will end. You can't win the KY Derby with a mule.

Some of the players Cordia already have are not that bad. Marcus Sumner can flat out score. Josh Mullins, did turn the ball over to much last season, but is one heck of a pg. Ricky Sumner, even though at like 5'10, had great games defensively where he blocked several attempts by some good players. He had 7 or 8 blocks one game. They just need more size, and a few more players. Like I have been saying, Cordia has some players, just not enough.
MVP2 Wrote:I'll take this bet. I got Perry Central.

Nah, It'll be interesting to see where Braxton goes the year after next.

Very Interesting!!!:popcorn:
Main topic.....I think Rhodes will be at Cordia 2-3 years.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next