Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Magic select DeAndre Liggins.
Liggins is a little crazy too people... I think Liggins will find himself in a little off court trouble during his NBA career, and he's not good enough for a team to hold onto and put up with.
Again guys, I said a poor man's Tayshaun Prince. He's not gonna be a clone of him.
^ what has liggens done that is so un-controlling? He got a T on a horrible call and expressed his feelings? Every NBA player does it. IM confused where u guys get Liggens is a huge thug?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ what has liggens done that is so un-controlling? He got a T on a horrible call and expressed his feelings? Every NBA player does it. IM confused where u guys get Liggens is a huge thug?

I don't agree with ekff much...
but Liggins is a thug lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't agree with ekff much...
but Liggins is a thug lol

Reasoning?

Kobe Fought with miller is he a thug?
Bottom line he will make money to play pro basketball. As for Scotty Hopson I thought he was overrated his whole career that is just me though.
LClion4life Wrote:How is there no comparison whatsoever? Both play great D, both have athletic bodies, long arms. Tayshaun of course was much better in college and will probably be a better pro. But if he can improve his 3 point shot then I don't understand how you can say no comparison whatsoever.

Dude theres tons of players with long arms and athletic bodies that play defense?? This doesnt make the comparable. Liggins is nothing like Prince. plane and simple.
Kobe is athletic, with long arms, plays defense and shoots threes. Liggins is the next Kobe!
Liggins is comparable to Prince. Prince's offense has been mediocre at best in the NBA. Just like Liggins's at UK.
LClion4life Wrote:Liggins is comparable to Prince. Prince's offense has been mediocre at best in the NBA. Just like Liggins's at UK.

Prince Averages around 13 ppg for his career. Liggens will not come close to that.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Prince Averages around 13 ppg for his career. Liggens will not come close to that.

Agreed. Liggins will never average double digits in his career. Not a single year in the NBA. Nor will he ever be a started like Prince. He wont play the same position as Prince either. Therefore, no comparison. They are both Kentucky boys, beyond that there is nothing to compare here.
Won't play the same position? They both play SF. Again, I didn't say he'll be exactly like Prince. Never said he'd even be as good as Prince on offense. All I said was that their playing styles will be similar. That's it!
LClion4life Wrote:Won't play the same position? They both play SF. Again, I didn't say he'll be exactly like Prince. Never said he'd even be as good as Prince on offense. All I said was that their playing styles will be similar. That's it!

Okay, you are absolutely right about everything. My mistake. No need to get defensive.
Thank you.
Aslan is right on in this topic..
Liggins will be a great addition to a lot of teams - especially the Magic as they will probably be making some drastic changes in the lineups. Liggens is a thug (but in a good way) he takes that mentality on the court and punishes the offense.. Saying that he is terrible or horrible IMO is crazy talk..

I wouldn't be shocked to see him in some trouble off the court either as ekff said.
Someone please give me an Answer why he is a thug?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Someone please give me an Answer why he is a thug?

Idk about a Thug but he is a bad a$$... I've sat court side at UK games before and he really crosses a line sometimes, BUT I've also seen him at parties on UK campus and he is a wild-man. He also got in quiet a few fights at UK, one was with Landon Sloan.

I know this doesn't have much to do with his basketball skills but you letting you know what I know... I did say he would be an alright role player in the NBA... Just maybe a few fines along the way.
ekff Wrote:Idk about a Thug but he is a bad a$$... I've sat court side at UK games before and he really crosses a line sometimes, BUT I've also seen him at parties on UK campus and he is a wild-man. He also got in quiet a few fights at UK, one was with Landon Sloan.

I know this doesn't have much to do with his basketball skills but you letting you know what I know... I did say he would be an alright role player in the NBA... Just maybe a few fines along the way.

IM sure half the team hated LAndon.
why would they have hated Landon?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IM sure half the team hated LAndon.

IDK.. But one of my teammates in High School got into a little fight with Landon during a summer ball game.

But I was court side for the Pikeville/UK game and Liggins talked $hit to Landon the whole time he was in...
Too much faith in Ky players. I was a huge huge fan of several players from Kentucky that were much better players then Liggins ever has been and not many of them have really done anything at all worth wild in the NBA. I dont expect liggins to do anythign either.
K_Mac Wrote:why would they have hated Landon?

Ask anyone, Hes a Douche

ekff Wrote:IDK.. But one of my teammates in High School got into a little fight with Landon during a summer ball game.

But I was court side for the Pikeville/UK game and Liggins talked $hit to Landon the whole time he was in...

Because hes an asshole.