Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Orlando Magic select DeAndre Liggins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Glad to see all 3 Cats picked in this years draft.

Liggins must improve his shooting but he'll end up having a nice NBA career, if he does so.
^ A 10 year role player in the NBA....

Maybe never a starter but along time role player..
Next Tony Allen?
Liggins has the potential to be a very good role player. Like MVP2 said, it all depends if he can consistently hit an open shot. He's already a good defender, solid passer, and rebounder.
I see him doing well.
He has a good body for an NBA defender.
omg I hate liggins. I didnt think he should have even been drafted. Personally he isnt ever going to get much playing time.
Good deal, I'm glad he got drafted.

He should fit in well with Orlando.
Glad to see Liggins get drafted! I think that DeAndre will be a shut down defender like Bruce Bowen minues the 3 point shooting.
Well, Soon as I laid down I heard this pick announced over the TV lol..
Congrats to Liggins - He is now in Orlando with the superman!
Has all the physical tools to be good. Let's hope he puts all of it together.
I love a good tough defender. I will say he will be one of the more hated players in the NBA in a few years. For some reason other teams don't like defense. All said he is one of my all time favs at kentucky and a good success story.
This should keep Dwight in Orlando Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This should keep Dwight in Orlando Smile

:lmao:
I cant believe u guys like liggins?? I mean Im as big of a kentucky fan as anyone and i couldnt stand him. He was horrible every year he was there, i thought he was a joke and hsouldnt have even been drafted! He probably had more career turnovers then he did assists or points! Ky offense was terrible with him in the game. I cheered for him a lot though when he was sent to the bench.
K_Mac Wrote:I cant believe u guys like liggins?? I mean Im as big of a kentucky fan as anyone and i couldnt stand him. He was horrible every year he was there, i thought he was a joke and hsouldnt have even been drafted! He probably had more career turnovers then he did assists or points! Ky offense was terrible with him in the game. I cheered for him a lot though when he was sent to the bench.

The way you feel about Liggins is how I feel about Harrellson... But I just think Liggins will be a role player/bench player for the Magic a team that is about to go down bad.
ekff Wrote:The way you feel about Liggins is how I feel about Harrellson... But I just think Liggins will be a role player/bench player for the Magic a team that is about to go down bad.

I always wanted liggins to fake an injury, go to the locker room and stay there haha. I thought that was the best way he could contribute to the team lol
K_Mac Wrote:I always wanted liggins to fake an injury, go to the locker room and stay there haha. I thought that was the best way he could contribute to the team lol

LOL... You never knew what he was going to do...
K_Mac Wrote:I cant believe u guys like liggins?? I mean Im as big of a kentucky fan as anyone and i couldnt stand him. He was horrible every year he was there, i thought he was a joke and hsouldnt have even been drafted! He probably had more career turnovers then he did assists or points! Ky offense was terrible with him in the game. I cheered for him a lot though when he was sent to the bench.

Might be the first time we've ever had a disagreement. But Liggins is NOT horrible. Last year he was the best defensive player on the team and one of the best in the nation. He improved his shot(39% from deep), is a good passer, and hustles his ass off. I'm not saying he's a great player, but definitely a good role player, and a big reason why UK went to the Final Four.
Aslan Wrote:Might be the first time we've ever had a disagreement. But Liggins is NOT horrible. Last year he was the best defensive player on the team and one of the best in the nation. He improved his shot(39% from deep), is a good passer, and hustles his ass off. I'm not saying he's a great player, but definitely a good role player, and a big reason why UK went to the Final Four.

Without him shutting down the guards Ohio State would have killed us.
Aslan Wrote:Might be the first time we've ever had a disagreement. But Liggins is NOT horrible. Last year he was the best defensive player on the team and one of the best in the nation. He improved his shot(39% from deep), is a good passer, and hustles his ass off. I'm not saying he's a great player, but definitely a good role player, and a big reason why UK went to the Final Four.

It is pretty rare that we disagree. Thats why Im not arguing with u lol. i respect ur opinion pretty good. I just absolutely hate liggins as a player at uk. I personally dont think he was that big of a deal. But to each his own.
I like Liggins a little bit, BUT do I think some players that didn't get drafted are better then Liggins ... YES..... Brad Wanamaker (Pitt), Durrell Summers (Michigan St), Ben Hansbrough (Notre Dame), LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor), Scotty Hopson (Tennessee), and David Lighty (Ohio St.) ---- All undrafted
K_Mac Wrote:It is pretty rare that we disagree. Thats why Im not arguing with u lol. i respect ur opinion pretty good. I just absolutely hate liggins as a player at uk. I personally dont think he was that big of a deal. But to each his own.
Yeah, haha. But without Liggins, UK don't go to the Final Four. His defense and timely clutch shots were huge for us.
ekff Wrote:I like Liggins a little bit, BUT do I think some players that didn't get drafted are better then Liggins ... YES..... Brad Wanamaker (Pitt), Durrell Summers (Michigan St), Ben Hansbrough (Notre Dame), LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor), Scotty Hopson (Tennessee), and David Lighty (Ohio St.) ---- All undrafted

I agree, those guys were better college players. If Hopson would get his head out of his tail, he could be a decent pro. I do believe that Liggins game will translate better than most those guys to the NBA.
ekff Wrote:I like Liggins a little bit, BUT do I think some players that didn't get drafted are better then Liggins ... YES..... Brad Wanamaker (Pitt), Durrell Summers (Michigan St), Ben Hansbrough (Notre Dame), LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor), Scotty Hopson (Tennessee), and David Lighty (Ohio St.) ---- All undrafted

None of those guys play defense like DeAndre. And some of them don't have that NBA body like he has.
LClion4life Wrote:None of those guys play defense like DeAndre. And some of them don't have that NBA body like he has.

And Liggins don't play Offensive like any of those players.... Its going to be hard for Liggins to D up like he did in College...
I think that if Liggins improves his shooting like he did every year at UK, he could be like a poor man's Tayshaun Prince.
LClion4life Wrote:I think that if Liggins improves his shooting like he did every year at UK, he could be like a poor man's Tayshaun Prince.

disagree. there is no comparison what so ever to Tayshaun. Prince is 10X better then liggins ever will be IMO.
K_Mac Wrote:disagree. there is no comparison what so ever to Tayshaun. Prince is 10X better then liggins ever will be IMO.

:Thumbs:
How is there no comparison whatsoever? Both play great D, both have athletic bodies, long arms. Tayshaun of course was much better in college and will probably be a better pro. But if he can improve his 3 point shot then I don't understand how you can say no comparison whatsoever.
LClion4life Wrote:How is there no comparison whatsoever? Both play great D, both have athletic bodies, long arms. Tayshaun of course was much better in college and will probably be a better pro. But if he can improve his 3 point shot then I don't understand how you can say no comparison whatsoever.

Prince is a lot smarter on both ends of the court... Liggins is good on D but still not smart....
Liggens will be a Keith Bogans.
Pages: 1 2