Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevor Lacey to announce April 22 (Basketball)
LWC Wrote:This guy is jerking everyone around. I have no problem with everyone waiting, but don't say that you know and wait over a month to tell!

When I first read this I thought he had other intentions of going somewhere else, I really really hope not
If he comes, he comes.
I'm not sure where he fits in. It's going to be like Orton last year, good player with no significant role equals dissatisfaction. We've yet to see if Cal can take 10 great players and get them to all buy into "team" like Pitino did in the mid-90's.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not sure where he fits in. It's going to be like Orton last year, good player with no significant role equals dissatisfaction. We've yet to see if Cal can take 10 great players and get them to all buy into "team" like Pitino did in the mid-90's.

Who's the 10?
1. Teague
2. Gilchrist
3. Davis
4. Witjer
5. Miller
6. Lamb
So we have 6 guys for sure that will contribute. Vargas could be the 7th guy but he has a lot of improvement to do before that happens. IMO the three that entered are going to keep their names in the draft. It's going to be the same situation next year about lack of depth unless we pick up more recruits or get lucky with one of our guys taking their name out of the draft. Lacey would be a great addition, this team could use some valuable minutes from him.
Trevor Lacey is the most sought after recruit in the nation right now and from interviews at the Derby Classic it sounds like Kentucky and Kansas is in the lead.

A report earlier today from JayhawkSlant.com confirmed what we thought was going to happen this weekend.

JayhawkSlant 2:59pm via TweetDeck Elite SG Trevor Lacey, according to his father, will set an official visit to KU this week

Now there is a conflicting report from Larry Vaught that Lacey will try and visit Kentucky this weekend.

vaughtsviews 7:27pm via Tools to follow vaughtsviews.com Alabama shooting guard Trevor Lacey says he will "probably " visit UK this weekend. Also may visit Kansas before signing

If Vaught's report is true I would be really surprised if Trevor ever visits Kansas.

I guess we will have to wait and see where he is really going to visit this week.... Stay Tuned.

http://www.nationofblue.com/will-ken...or-lacey-6900/
What is he ranked at his position. He's only news because he's the next highest guy left to not commit, not because he is the best of the best!
Stardust Wrote:What is he ranked at his position. He's only news because he's the next highest guy left to not commit, not because he is the best of the best!

7th Position, 34th Overall, 4*

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...acey-82479
Stardust Wrote:What is he ranked at his position. He's only news because he's the next highest guy left to not commit, not because he is the best of the best!

I don't think anybody has said he is the "best of the best." However, what program wouldn't be happy to have a top 50 guy. He is a solid 3 or 4 year guy who has a ton of upside. He will be good a addition to whomever signs him.