Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevor Lacey to announce April 22 (Basketball)
Butler High School (Alabama) Standout will announce on April 22nd when Butler celebrates there Class 4A State Championship. where he will play his college basketball.

Lacey is a 4* Recruit who holds offers from Auburn, Alabama, Kansas, UCONN and Kentucky.

He's Ranked 7th in his position and 34th in the Nation.

He's 2-Time Mr. Basketball in the State of Alabama

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/arti...next-year/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...acey-82479
Aslan Wrote:I hope we get him. If Knight leaves, it definitely improves our chances.

well according to the Article, Trevor wants to leave home, also according to the Article, Butler is thinking about moving there Celebration up to either next Tuesday or next Thursday
It has me worried that he would announce the day they celebrated, but since they are trying to move it, he is likely headed to UK or UCONN.
he's changed his mind. he will now announce his College Decision after the Derby Classic Next Weekend
I hope he chooses to be a wildcat!
Coach Cal will be going to Alabama to Visit Trevor, meaning that Brandon Knight will more than likely go to the NBA
Coach Cal went and visited Trevor today
Cal might be trying to get this kid because he know that he isn't going to leave next year. Plus, a year behind Teague or knight has to improve your game.
Trevor Lacey appears to be a Kansas lean, right? I hope that Kentucky can land this kid. He has talent and on top of that, he can potentially give you four years in college.
That would be awesome if chose Kentucky!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I would like to add Lacey. UK will need he outside shooting by his sophomore year. However, I don't look for him to be in blue. He wants shots immediately and I just dont see him getting those at UK next year. He would be a great 3 or 4 year guy. Cal is a master recruiter so you never know.
Joneslab Wrote:I would like to add Lacey. UK will need he outside shooting by his sophomore year. However, I don't look for him to be in blue. He wants shots immediately and I just dont see him getting those at UK next year. He would be a great 3 or 4 year guy. Cal is a master recruiter so you never know.

He will be in blue but it will be for Kansas. :HitWall:

Hopefully there's still a chance of snatching this kid up.
BoyleCounty Wrote:He will be in blue but it will be for Kansas. :HitWall:

Hopefully there's still a chance of snatching this kid up.

I tend to agree with you. He has suddenly planned to make an official visit to Kansas which makes you question a kid who has said he had made his "mind up on where he was going to collge". You have to love recruiting in today's environment.
Joneslab Wrote:I tend to agree with you. He has suddenly planned to make an official visit to Kansas which makes you question a kid who has said he had made his "mind up on where he was going to collge". You have to love recruiting in today's environment.

Absolutely.

One more day til Lacey decides where he's going. If he chose Kentucky I'd be really surprised especially with immediate playing time being open at Kansas. Of course, I still hope Kentucky can land him.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Absolutely.

One more day til Lacey decides where he's going. If he chose Kentucky I'd be really surprised especially with immediate playing time being open at Kansas. Of course, I still hope Kentucky can land him.

A Sports Reporter has a gut feeling that Lacey will be a Cat
BoyleCounty Wrote:Absolutely.

Doesn't Kansas still have Tyshawn Taylor and Tyrell Reid?
LClion4life Wrote:Doesn't Kansas still have Tyshawn Taylor and Tyrell Reid?

Yeah. However, I still think that he'd be more involved in Kansas' offense. Especially if Brandon Knight returns to Kentucky. I really want him at Kentucky.
What time is Trevor Lacey suppose to announce his decision?
Playing time is a big factor for Lacey and with Knight declaring, that definitely helps UK chances.
Cal is a master recruiter, I'd say Lacey will be a Cat.
BoyleCounty Wrote:What time is Trevor Lacey suppose to announce his decision?

Lacey isn't making a decision today. IMO he will not make one until after the deadline for Knight and DeAndre to take their names out of the draft. Any decision before then is probably in UK's favor because one or both are staying in the draft and he Lacey sees more playing time.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Yeah. However, I still think that he'd be more involved in Kansas' offense. Especially if Brandon Knight returns to Kentucky. I really want him at Kentucky.

Idk. That would be two shooting guards in front of him at Kansas from the get go. With Knight and Liggins entering the draft, the only one here is Lamb.
I hope Lacey is a Cat whenever he decides.
He's suppose to announce tonight I believe. According to Rivals, Lacey said that he's likely down to UK, Kansas and Alabama. But his dad said that the visit with Bill Self was Awesome. So who knows at this point
Well the 2011 Derby Classic is over with and still no Word on where Lacey will go. Nothing on KSR, Nation of Blue or Rivals
LClion4life Wrote:Idk. That would be two shooting guards in front of him at Kansas from the get go. With Knight and Liggins entering the draft, the only one here is Lamb.

Lamb and Teague will be the starting guards. He will come off the bench no matter what team he goes too. No doubt he's a great guard and could give a team four years. Like I said, I hope Kentucky lands this kid.
Lacey said tonight that when he came out he got a huge ovation from Solid Blue fans that were in attendance, he said that's what you want, to go some where and feel like your at home away from home. That's not exactly what he said but it's close but more the less that's what he meant
*IF YOU WANNA KNOW WHERE I GOT THIS, SHOOT ME A PM AND I'LL TELL YA*

Trevor Lacey signed autographs and took pictures with Kentucky fans after Friday night's Derby Festival Basketball Classic and exited the court with a fan in the stands yelling, "Go Big Blue!"

From left, Trevor Lacey, Anthony Hickey and Austin Etherington were Gold teammates at the Derby Festival Classic.
In an all-star game without any Kentucky commitments, Lacey - an undecided prospect considering the Wildcats - was the main attraction for the sizable contingent of UK fans at the KFC Yum! Center.

The four-star guard from Huntsville, Ala., scored only five points on 2-of-8 shooting in his Gold team's 126-122 victory over the White, but he said he was impressed by the attention he received from UK fans as he gets closer to the end of his long recruiting process.

"It was great," said Lacey, who is considering UK, Alabama and Kansas. "Kentucky fans are very passionate about their players and recruits, so I felt the love.

"... They were out here looking for a show, and unfortunately I didn't give them the show they were looking for. But they came out and supported me in the best way."

The majority of the 10,019 fans at the game were Louisville Cardinals fans coming out to support U of L signees Chane Behanan, Zach Price and Angel Nunez.

But there were pockets of blue throughout the arena, and those fans cheered for Lacey from the outset.

"Coming out for the introduction, I saw a lot of Big Blue fans stood up and gave me a hand-clap or whatever," he said. "It's great to know I'm just a little kid from Alabama getting love all the way up here in Kentucky."

When asked whether the reaction he received had an effect on him and his feelings about UK, he said, "Most definitely. That's one of my things in looking into (in) a school is the fan base."

Lacey, who visited UK unofficially in February, said he could sense that the state is passionate about basketball.

"When I came up (to Lexington) on an unofficial visit for the South Carolina game, me and (UK signee) Anthony Davis were there, and he was committed, so he got all the love," Lacey said. "But they still noticed little old Trevor on the sideline and showed the love, too."

Lacey said he talked on Thursday from another UK signee, Indianapolis point guard Marquis Teague.

"He said, 'Look real close into joining the four commitments that's already come here, and we'll have a pretty good chance of doing big things,'" Lacey said.

Lacey will head back home with plans to make a decision soon.

He said plans remain the same as they did earlier this week - to make an official visit to Kansas next week and one to UK the week after that.

The spring signing period ends on May 18, but, Lacey said once he's finished his visits, an announcement will come soon.

"I'll probably make my decision a couple days after that," he said.
This guy is jerking everyone around. I have no problem with everyone waiting, but don't say that you know and wait over a month to tell!
And when he shot an airball in the derby classic a Kentucky fan yelled "Pick Kansas" sometimes the rest of the bbn pisses me off.