Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2011
After winning girls basketball state championship, does it put more pressure on the football team to do well? Yes or no?
LWC Wrote:After winning girls basketball state championship, does it put more pressure on the football team to do well? Yes or no?

I don't think that the state championship by the girls has put more pressure on the football program that wasn't already there. I think that there was already some pressure present for this next season with the expectations for a much improved season with the talent that is returning from last year. As of right now, everyone is still celebrating the girls incredible victory in Bowling Green. From what I've heard coming from the weight room, there hasn't been as many kids bench pressing 300 pounds as there was this last week since 2004. As a side note, spring practice begins today (3/16), rain or shine with much better weather(warmer) predicted for the next week or so.
rock shoud be a solid team this coming season
with all returning I would think they would still be very strong. I look for rock to have a good season.
former Wrote:with all returning I would think they would still be very strong. I look for rock to have a good season.

I know that I've got my fingers crossed!:biggrin::Thumbs:

I think that coaching staff should have plenty to work with this year and there is an excellent turnout in the weight room for the incoming class as well. The new coach over at the middle school has really turned around participation numbers.
Who is the new middle school coach?
any word on spring ball
The coach that took over at the middle school this last year is Derek Bussell. A great kid who has put a lot of time and effort into the middle school program this last year. He has really gotten a lot of kids enthusiastic over there at the middle school about the football program.
The first day of spring practice went very well with a lot of hitting on a beautiful day Wednesday. Rockcastle went into a mini spring break and spring practice will resume on Monday. Most of the starters were there for spring practice the other day with only a few baseball players missing. (five I think)
Is Derek Bussell also known as "Frog" Bussell? Is he JD's brother or cousin?
LWC Wrote:Is Derek Bussell also known as "Frog" Bussell? Is he JD's brother or cousin?

Yes:Thumbs:
I can't wait for the Russell County-Rockcastle game. The county I live and preach in versus my Alma-Mater. Woo! Let's get this season started. Hopefully I can be at the Sheldon Clark game.
I ready for some football
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I ready for some football

I share your enthusiasm re being ready. So am I!

Based upon what I've been reading, it appears that you guys are going to have a good team for the 2011 season. Good luck and hope you have an injury free year.
LWC Wrote:Is Derek Bussell also known as "Frog" Bussell? Is he JD's brother or cousin?

My apologies...I was reading back through the posts and saw that I didn't read this correctly when I replied. He is JD's brother. I didn't see the "cousin" part of the question.
The Contrarian Wrote:I share your enthusiasm re being ready. So am I!

Based upon what I've been reading, it appears that you guys are going to have a good team for the 2011 season. Good luck and hope you have an injury free year.

Good luck to you all as well! Hope your kids stay healthy during the season as well.
ha i dont think beating pulaski is gonna be as easy as you think. yeah they lost alot of seniors so what. they got some talent coming up believe me! alot of people is gonna be suprised. watch out for that defense. clark rowe is gonna have a hard timeWink
pc maroon Wrote:ha i dont think beating pulaski is gonna be as easy as you think. yeah they lost alot of seniors so what. they got some talent coming up believe me! alot of people is gonna be suprised. watch out for that defense. clark rowe is gonna have a hard timeWink

I am all in favor of enthusiasm for your team, but everyone admits to a rebuilding year when THAT much talent graduates! Some rebuilding years are very good, some are not.

However, this will be the best Rockcastle team in years, and Pulaski County will be more down than they have been in a few years.

I don't want to add salt to a wound or give anyone locker-room motivation, so I will allow you to infer what I am trying to say. Wink
I think we found a new rival
How do they look right now? A little less than 4 months until the first game!
LWC Wrote:How do they look right now? A little less than 4 months until the first game!

alot of players are still in baseball. but from the ones i have seen, they are geting bigger. I cant wait to see Chance Ansirdi play. the kid is a man child. He will be a freshman next season and very well could see some varsity playing time.
If we are counting on a freshman to help us, then we are not in good shape. from everything I hear, we lost 1 player from last year. Everyone is back so we should win many games.
LWC Wrote:How do they look right now? A little less than 4 months until the first game!

They are all getting stronger...and yes...bigger. They are lifting weights and are about two weeks from maxing out. I know of one freshman starter (soph. to be) that is currently squatting 450 right now and would like to get that up near 500 before max outs. Even some of the kids that play baseball are coming in early in the mornings and lifting. Clark is weighing about 215 right now and even with the extra weight on him not hurting his speed. I think Clark squats a little over 500. Chance Ansardi will possibly see some time on special teams this next year and who knows where else. He is a great kid with a great attitude and his parents support him in whatever he does. It will be interesting to see what that group of kids do when they come in this summer.
Good Luck to the Rock next year!!:Clap:
papagrit Wrote:They are all getting stronger...and yes...bigger. They are lifting weights and are about two weeks from maxing out. I know of one freshman starter (soph. to be) that is currently squatting 450 right now and would like to get that up near 500 before max outs. Even some of the kids that play baseball are coming in early in the mornings and lifting. Clark is weighing about 215 right now and even with the extra weight on him not hurting his speed. I think Clark squats a little over 500. Chance Ansardi will possibly see some time on special teams this next year and who knows where else. He is a great kid with a great attitude and his parents support him in whatever he does. It will be interesting to see what that group of kids do when they come in this summer.

:Clap:He got 500 lbs. today at max outs. He made the 1000 lb club as a freshman.:Clap:
Also....
Bradley matched the Rockcastle school record of 335 lbs. on the power clean during maxouts as well.

Good job boys!
Exactly 3 months until the first game! WOO! I am soooooo excited!
Sounds like we are going to have a great year. I hope to make it to most games this year.
all i know is that the seniors this year are tired of not living up to expectations..e all feel like we have let our former seniors when we wrer juniors and community down , but this year we want to come out and represent those who have all wore rockets across there chest and be the same friday night warriors they were..and most of all bring back the rock hard mentality!!
who does Rock play on Aug. 26???

KHSAA has Rock playing @ Frankfort but Maxpreps has Rock playing Paris @ Frankfort on that date
Strikeout King Wrote:who does Rock play on Aug. 26???

KHSAA has Rock playing @ Frankfort but Maxpreps has Rock playing Paris @ Frankfort on that date

My understanding is Rock plays Frankfort...not Paris this year.
^ one of the coaches needs to change it on Maxpreps. Thanks for the Confirmation Papagrit