Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2011
After two down years, how will the Rockets look next season. They only lost 5 seniors this year and will add some talented freshman. Rockcastle will also move to a new District along with Knox Central, Clay County, and Russell County. Some of the non district games are Sheldon Clark, Estill County, and Southwesten.
It could be a very good year for the Rockets depending on how good the underclassman are. I'm interested in seeing the Rock Vs SC matchup.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:After two down years, how will the Rockets look next season. They only lost 5 seniors this year and will add some talented freshman. Rockcastle will also move to a new District along with Knox Central, Clay County, and Russell County. Some of the non district games are Sheldon Clark, Estill County, and Southwesten.

Do you know the dates of these games?
Is Rockcastle County 3A? Do they open with Sheldon Clark?
The Contrarian Wrote:Is Rockcastle County 3A? Do they open with Sheldon Clark?

Rockcastle is 4A and I think we play them in week 1 or 2 im not for sure
I know the Sheldon Clark game is the first game for rock but i dont know if its week 1 or 2. i think i will be a good test for both teams
I'm hoping someday soon Highlands gets to pay them back for the 2002 game.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I'm hoping someday soon Highlands gets to pay them back for the 2002 game.

The good old days.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:The good old days.

:Thumbs:
As RockSolid69 mentioned, Rockcastle returns a LOT.

We were discussing the other day that something like 7 lineman with starting experience return.

The mighty Clark Rowe returns, QB is back, most WR's are back.

Rockcastle started playing a lot better as the season went along and they put more freshmen and sophomores into the line-up.

They have a player in Damien McDaniel that missed the entire season last year and he will return. I do not know if he will make a major impact but at least he will be available this season.

I think this COULD be a great season for Rock. I will say this for the record: If Rockcastle has a non-winning record, Parkey will be in trouble. So much experienced talent and size AND speed are coming up from the JV and Freshman teams. No more excuses, no more Bell County on the schedule and you trade Pulaski County for Estill County, the schedule is not going to be an excuse anymore. Talent being down is no longer an excuse.

I think the world of Scott Parkey and his knowledge of the game and his ability to know exactly what each player needs to hear. Does this player need a "kick in the pants" or a "you'll do better next time son" he is great at that aspect as well. Come on Scott, we believe in you, lets show the state that the Rock is STILL hard!
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:The good old days.

The Rock was tough. I didn't go to that game. Saw the score and thought they had it backwards!!
I heard Harlan County might be on the schedule.
Patriot Wrote:I heard Harlan County might be on the schedule.

A lot of fans from either team would travel well for that game!
The young line needs to beef up alot.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:The young line needs to beef up alot.

True. I know many previous players would get together and go to local gyms or the high school weight room when it is KHSAA allowed. It is a tradition to work hard in the off season.
i know the Russell county game is at home and the knox central is away. thats all i know right now
I can't wait for the battle of RCHS's, lol. As many of you may know, I grew up in Rockcastle and am a Rockcastle alum, however, I live and preach in Russell County. This is gonna be a great game, because I don't care that badly about who wins or loses. I have church kids that play ball for Russell County, so I can't root against them. Yet, I can't root against my alma-mater. Great game for me! Big Grin
I just hope they find some sort of passing game next year.
LWC Wrote:As RockSolid69 mentioned, Rockcastle returns a LOT.

We were discussing the other day that something like 7 lineman with starting experience return.

The mighty Clark Rowe returns, QB is back, most WR's are back.

Rockcastle started playing a lot better as the season went along and they put more freshmen and sophomores into the line-up.

I think this COULD be a great season for Rock. I will say this for the record: If Rockcastle has a non-winning record, Parkey will be in trouble. So much experienced talent and size AND speed are coming up from the JV and Freshman teams. No more excuses, no more Bell County on the schedule and you trade Pulaski County for Estill County, the schedule is not going to be an excuse anymore. Talent being down is no longer an excuse.

From what I understand, Pulaski and Estill are both probably on the schedule. Rockcastle has lost McCreary, Madison Southern, Wayne and Lincoln from their schedule.....or if you have figured it out...the four teams that they beat the last two years. None of the four are signing contracts for this next year is what is rumored. The coaches have had a hard time finding games this next year which is very suprising, for as we all have read on here...Rock is weaker than water now and having two losing seasons back to back for first time in twenty five years, it looks like the door would be busting down with teams wanting to get in on the fun of whooping on the Rock. But, again, from I've heard, the coaches have been calling all over the state for games. There will be a whole new lineup of teams this next year that is still on the drawing board. When I know for sure of what is going on, I will try to post something on here. If a few games that I've heard about pull through, Rock will be doing some traveling.
As for the comment about hoping the boys are putting on the beef, I know that the boys have been pushing the weights around for a while now.:Thumbs:
I think that they will be OK this next season if everyone stays healthy and I really look forward to next years football season. If all the pieces fall into place, I think that it will be a very successful year. There will be a lot of questions between now and the end of the Jabez Camp that will need to be answered, but, I think Rock will be just fine.
I dont think no on e wants to play us due to us going to have a great team next year, we really lost only 2 SRs who helped and have everyone back. We will be pretty good this year and should win at least 7 or 8 games.
former Wrote:I dont think no on e wants to play us due to us going to have a great team next year, we really lost only 2 SRs who helped and have everyone back. We will be pretty good this year and should win at least 7 or 8 games.

Did Rockcastle Co complete their schedule for next year?
HAT51 Wrote:Did Rockcastle Co complete their schedule for next year?

not sure if its completed but i think most games are scheduled.
I think Harlan Co. still has some open dates. I dont know what weeks are open,but i would like to see them play.
The C-J's 2010 Kentucky All-State Football Team

Honorable Mention

Linebacker
SR. John Saylor, Rockcastle County

Running back
JR. Clark Rowe, Rockcastle County

Offensive line
JR. Ben Lake, Rockcastle County

Congrats boys!:1:
We are very proud of you at the Rock!
Good luck this next season!:Thumbs:
papagrit Wrote:The C-J's 2010 Kentucky All-State Football Team

Honorable Mention

Linebacker

Running back

Offensive line

Congrats. Great to see our district represented.
I also saw coach Larkey was 5A coach of the year. With the 2 guys returning mentioned above it should be a good year.

Honorable Mention

Linebacker

Running back

Offensive line

Great to see this!

Honorable Mention

Linebacker

Running back

Offensive line

Congrats boys, Hopefully the Rock will be stronger next year.
I know it is VERY early but does anyone know who the starting QB will be?
Aug 20, 11Sheldon Clark5:45 PM
Aug 26, 11Frankfortaway7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11Whitley Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11Estill Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11Pulaski Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11Perry County Centralaway7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11Russell Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11Knox Centralaway7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11Clay Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11Montgomery Countyaway7:30 PM

Rockcastle County Rockets 2011 Football