Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Games Of Season: Les Trimble Wins, Johnson Central Loses
"Fanatic of the 15th" Wrote:And it was against one of the regions best teams and they beat them by 8 and two of their best players were limited on playing time due to foul trouble. South Floyd may not win their region but i bet ya p-burg dont even get out of the district

It was there first game. Look, I'm not taking anything from SF, but honestly, there is a lot of season left. You can't base where they are going to finish in region on one game, let alone the whole season. For example, who won the 58th last year? And how far did they make it in region?

How can you say JC is one of the best teams in the Region? From last years season? They graduated a few starters and those starters were leaders on there team. I'm sure JC will turn things around, but right now everyone is on a level playing field.

And Prestonsburg will suprise a lot of people this year.
Great Job Bulldogs and Raiders. They got exactly what they wanted rid of Trimble . Now lets see how that pans out the rest of the season. You never know they might want him back??????????????????????
I thought that Randy Anderson called all of the shots at Lawrence County?:confused:
Hey does but what another great assistant they have, just gives them more coaches for one on one in practice, and he is fine man that got done wrong and coach anderson the class act he is brought him on board to help out.
I only have a few things to say about these posts!!! I know Les personally and is a great guy and I wanted to him succeed more than anyone!!! I supported him from day one and was really depressed when they let him go!!! These are my opinions but this is why Les is no longer coaching at JC. He had a great deal of talent every year at Central and could not win a region title. He had a great deal of basketball knowledge but couldn't handle his players. That is a fact. If he would have had more discipline in his system then his players would have respected him more. You can not be successful without the respect of his players. I can give you a number of times he let his players run his team. As far as I know most people have a great deal of respect for Les as do I, but he just didn't handle his players in the right manner!! I wish him nothing but the best and still would do anything for him! If he would have had the right people around him I still think he would be coaching today at JCHS. I don't know the current coach but if he can't control the kids then he will not be successful as well. I think that goes for about anywhere. Another thing that is that Mccarty did not play 20 minutes in that game! He played a little over 2 minutes in the second quarter and did not play all of the second half. Where I come from that does not add up to 20 minutes. It was the first game of the season and it took the first half for the central kids to get comfortable with the system. They looked a little timid at first. I think if they continue to play hard then come January this will be a whole different team. South Floyd played well but not great!!! They played hard and Johnson got into Central's head with his antics but I feel both teams will be better in a month or so! One can't jump to conclusions after one game! South Floyd beat JC, Lawrence beat Paintsville, and even Magoffin beat Betsy Layne which supposedly was a top 5 team!!! All I know is that any team in this region besides a few can win on any given night!! Let's just enjoy the season and quit trying to cause trouble!!
Well said Eagle. I know Les as well. I do not think that Les is laughing at the loss. Les loves those kids and I know for a fact that he would never wish anything bad for them. He has moved on to LC and that is great that they won but I dont agree that he is laughing due to the JC lost.
Good Post Eagle
Amen! Good post Eagle Eye - especially about enjoying the season.

High school basketball is a great game. Let's encourage the palyers on all the teams and hav a graet time watching them learn and grow as players and as young men.
I agree blackcat coach trimble is a fantastic coach. and great wins for South Floyd, and Lawrence county.