Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: First Games Of Season: Les Trimble Wins, Johnson Central Loses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Even though it wasn't against each other, Les has to be smiling about this one. As an assistant at Lawrence County he helped the Dawgs to a win over Paintsville, while Johnson Central and the "Gold Hush" err, "Rush" got whipped by South Floyd.

Good job Coach Trimble!
good win for south floyd
Congrat's Raiders!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go SF
way to play raiders.
Nice win Lawrence County.
any stats from the JC game
"JohnsonCountyJoe" Wrote:Even though it wasn't against each other, Les has to be smiling about this one. As an assistant at Lawrence County he helped the Dawgs to a win over Paintsville, while Johnson Central and the "Gold Hush" err, "Rush" got whipped by South Floyd.

Good job Coach Trimble!

JC wasn't JC tonight. They were without their best player and leading scorer from last year, Jamie McCarty, who came off the bench in the second half and scored 21 with about 14 minutes of action. Mark it down...McCarty will be unstoppabke when he gets 100%. SF couldn't stop him and he was only about 50% from the way he played. The McCarty-Rice combo will be something to watch this season...
JCHS will be fine when McCarty is 100%.
I'm sure Les understood JC's situation last night against SF.
big win for SF to start the season off.....big confidence booster and they r startin off on the right road
"OldtimeR60" Wrote:JC wasn't JC tonight. They were without their best player and leading scorer from last year, Jamie McCarty, who came off the bench in the second half and scored 21 with about 14 minutes of action. Mark it down...McCarty will be unstoppabke when he gets 100%. SF couldn't stop him and he was only about 50% from the way he played. The McCarty-Rice combo will be something to watch this season...

LoL...I love reading your alls excuses i get a good laugh out of it. The eagles just cant handle the raiders..The raiders won by 8 but they have excuses to Ethan Johnson was playing with a crilled ankle and Ryan Little only saw 20 minutes last night because of foul trouble
Now Johnson Central played good. Yea McCarty hit some three's, and he played over half the game. Don't make an excuse that they didn't have their star player, because he was definatly there. Good win raiders.
congrats to both teams
I think McCarty came into the game about half way through the 2nd quarter and played the rest of the game. That's 20 minutes minus how ever many times he was replaced so he could get a breather.

Still, 21 points in 20 minutes is outstanding!

But that means nobody can say Central had to play without their star player. There will be plenty of games this season when he's 100% and playes the entire game and doesn't score 21 points.

But, back to the topic of this thread: POETIC JUSTICE!
McCarty getting 21 points in one half with an injury and hes still not considered the best in the region by some? Once he is 100% they will be a tough team to beat. Still a good win by the raiders.
I think everyone misunderstood the thread. Lawrence County and Coach Trimble beat supposively the number 1 team in the 15th Region. Johnson Central was beat in there opener. I favor neither of these teams, but maybe the Johnson County board made a mistake by getting rid of Coach Trimble. Confusedhh:
"You Betcha" Wrote:I think McCarty came into the game about half way through the 2nd quarter and played the rest of the game. That's 20 minutes minus how ever many times he was replaced so he could get a breather.

Still, 21 points in 20 minutes is outstanding!

But that means nobody can say Central had to play without their star player. There will be plenty of games this season when he's 100% and playes the entire game and doesn't score 21 points.

But, back to the topic of this thread: POETIC JUSTICE!

What do you think about Little, 23 points and he only saw 20 minutes last night due to foul trouble
I think that Little done awesome in this game. 23 points and 8 boards in 20 minutes, the same amout of time that McCarty had and had more points. From what everyones saying if McCarty would have played the whole game then SF would have lost. Have you thought about What if Little had played the whole game? The outcome would have been the same. South Floyd on top, the same way its going to be against alot of teams this season if they keep playing like that.
I love JC but i have to say that its shapin up to be another long season for the gold rush i think that JC is in for many more long seasons until the kids get the desire to play right now on that team no one hase any desire to win and without desire they are wasting their time. A good team is built on unquenchable thirst for the win.
"blackcat" Wrote:I think everyone misunderstood the thread. Lawrence County and Coach Trimble beat supposively the number 1 team in the 15th Region. Johnson Central was beat in there opener. I favor neither of these teams, but maybe the Johnson County board made a mistake by getting rid of Coach Trimble. Confusedhh:
This is a stupid thread started by someone that is obviously just trying to get something started. Les Trimble is not the coach at Lawrence County. RANDY ANDERSON is the coach and has been a great coach for a long time.. That is like saying that David VanHoose is the reason that Paintsville wins or gets beat.See how stupid that sounds? I'm pretty much aware of what goes on at Lawrence Co. and I can tell you this I can see why Les Trimble is not at Johnson Central anymore and I can see why they dont want him back. The one thing that I'm still not sure of is whats he doing at Lawrence County? Talk about family politics.Tongueuke:
"JohnsonCountyJoe" Wrote:Even though it wasn't against each other, Les has to be smiling about this one. As an assistant at Lawrence County he helped the Dawgs to a win over Paintsville, while Johnson Central and the "Gold Hush" err, "Rush" got whipped by South Floyd.

Good job Coach Trimble!
I .can guarantee you that Coach Trimble is not smiling about Central losing. He thought the world of this bunch of kids at Central. I can promise you that.
I will have to say that ANY accomplishment that Les Trimble has under his belt or hanging on a wall somewhere is defentally not from family politics now on the other hand, what little accomplishment that David Vanhoose has is due to buddy politics, sure hasnt accomplished anything on his own. FACT..:boo:
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:This is a stupid thread started by someone that is obviously just trying to get something started. Les Trimble is not the coach at Lawrence County. RANDY ANDERSON is the coach and has been a great coach for a long time.. That is like saying that David VanHoose is the reason that Paintsville wins or gets beat.See how stupid that sounds? I'm pretty much aware of what goes on at Lawrence Co. and I can tell you this I can see why Les Trimble is not at Johnson Central anymore and I can see why they dont want him back. The one thing that I'm still not sure of is whats he doing at Lawrence County? Talk about family politics.Tongueuke:
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:This is a stupid thread started by someone that is obviously just trying to get something started. Les Trimble is not the coach at Lawrence County. RANDY ANDERSON is the coach and has been a great coach for a long time.. That is like saying that David VanHoose is the reason that Paintsville wins or gets beat.See how stupid that sounds? I'm pretty much aware of what goes on at Lawrence Co. and I can tell you this I can see why Les Trimble is not at Johnson Central anymore and I can see why they dont want him back. The one thing that I'm still not sure of is whats he doing at Lawrence County? Talk about family politics.Tongueuke:

I don't think he wanted to get anything started, just that maybe he thought that Trimble shouldn't have been fired at JC. Even though he is the assistant coach at LC, I think, he gets a win doesn't he? And JC lost a game that, if you asked most people, they should have won easily.
Quote:
[QUOTE="blackcat"]I don't think he wanted to get anything started, just that maybe he thought that Trimble shouldn't have been fired at JC.
QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He loves to do that more than anything else in the world.:big grin:
"OldtimeR60" Wrote:JC wasn't JC tonight. They were without their best player and leading scorer from last year, Jamie McCarty, who came off the bench in the second half and scored 21 with about 14 minutes of action. Mark it down...McCarty will be unstoppabke when he gets 100%. SF couldn't stop him and he was only about 50% from the way he played. The McCarty-Rice combo will be something to watch this season...

LOL i was waiting on somebody to start crying about that game... McCarty played over half of the game so I don't wanna hear nuttin about that... SF just wanted it more and got the job done
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:LOL i was waiting on somebody to start crying about that game... McCarty played over half of the game so I don't wanna hear nuttin about that... SF just wanted it more and got the job done
LoL...you knew they would have their excuses like how mccarty only played 20 minutes he only missed 12 minutes but South Floyds big man also only played 20 minutes and ended up with better stats then Mccarty
If the raiders keep this type of play up they will be going to RUPP!!!!
"Fanatic of the 15th" Wrote:If the raiders keep this type of play up they will be going to RUPP!!!!

Smile They have played one game, don't be so sure.
"blackcat" Wrote:Smile They have played one game, don't be so sure.

And it was against one of the regions best teams and they beat them by 8 and two of their best players were limited on playing time due to foul trouble. South Floyd may not win their region but i bet ya p-burg dont even get out of the district
how ironic
"Fanatic of the 15th" Wrote:And it was against one of the regions best teams and they beat them by 8 and two of their best players were limited on playing time due to foul trouble. South Floyd may not win their region but i bet ya p-burg dont even get out of the district

Good Point. LoL P-burg won't make it out of the district, I bet they won't even be 500. this year. Ryan Little and Ryan Johnson are South Floyds 2 best players and they played like 20 minutes and scored over 20 apiece. I also heard Ethan Johnson was playing with a sprung ankle? I agree. With this type of basketball South Floyd will be going to Rupp.
WATCH OUT ALL MIGHTY TIGERS!!!:worthy:
Pages: 1 2