Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 27 Pike County Central 21
norm peterson Wrote:sounds like justice was served. Congrats russell!

amen
Congrats Russell, predicted this one wrong.
Um...WOW! Never expected this to happen, could there possibly have been some karma involved in this game?!

TongueirateShoCongrats on the HUGE win Red Devils!!TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I cant wait to get the chance to play Pike Central and Russell next fall, should be so much fun.
Big win Russell on beating the Hawks after being down 21-7 it shows what kinda heart these boys have. Take in the win tonight because you come to our house next week and it will be a war.
StrayBullet Wrote:I cant wait to get the chance to play Pike Central and Russell next fall, should be so much fun.

Should be exciting.
Jeepman Wrote:Should be exciting.

I miss the days of lining up against the Red Devils and just playing good football all around, will be a great time.
Entertaining game to watch. Well it was for about 20 of us. Shame on a big part of the Russell fans for not comming out and supporting the team. That was embarrassing! Shame on you!

Players and coaches for Russell deserve better. Really stepped up tonight. That is the most heart I have seen out of this group. Keep it up for next week and beyond.

The Coaching staff deserves Kudos for this one too. Loved the defensive game plan. Big rushing numbers by the offense too with some new wrinkles.

Still have to tackle better though. WRAP UP! That second quarter was a clinic in how not to tackle. Second half was much better.
For PCC I don't think the off the field stuff played into it. They have some good players and made some plays. They just ran into a young Russell team that really stepped up tonight. In the end The Red Devils just made a few more plays than the Hawks.
Great come from behind win red devils, great season pc,continue to build on it!!!
Tough one to swallow for the Hawks fans.
Luckily for PCC, they have a young team and should have most of their players back for next season, they will be dangerous. Congrats Devils.
Good luck against Sheldon ClarK
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Just as I thought. It turned out to be too much off the field disatraction for the Hawks to overcome.

I don't know if it was so much the off the fuel distractions as it was the russel defense in the second half. They came out after halftime and central couldn't do anything.

Congrats russel on a good win. And good luck the rest of the way

Great season PC. Just keep working hard and u will get there eventually
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Well i'm glad to see everyone is being a good sport about this. I want to apologize to everyone for talkin smack and sayin PC was going to be the state champs although i still beleive this team could be any team in 3 A on the right night. Its like that one guy said u need to stay humble and that's something i didn't do. But this is a website and alot of times i would do it for laughs so i guess its all good. Keep your head up HAWKS, get in the weight room as soon as possible. The last 2 seasons have been very exciting and I can't wait until next year. And Coach Chapman, please keep coachin at PC. U r a fantastic coach and Hawk football has never been this good until u showed up.
Wow. You ate that crow like a man. Big kudos to you. And one of the best posts I've seen from you yet.

Tom is not my friend....

ltr450_777 Wrote:Well i'm glad to see everyone is being a good sport about this. I want to apologize to everyone for talkin smack and sayin PC was going to be the state champs although i still beleive this team could be any team in 3 A on the right night. Its like that one guy said u need to stay humble and that's something i didn't do. But this is a website and alot of times i would do it for laughs so i guess its all good. Keep your head up HAWKS, get in the weight room as soon as possible. The last 2 seasons have been very exciting and I can't wait until next year. And Coach Chapman, please keep coachin at PC. U r a fantastic coach and Hawk football has never been this good until u showed up.

Major PROPS TO YOU. Way to take it like a man.:Thumbs:
Congratulations on a hard fought game. Russell was able to capitalize on their opponents miscues which had been mostly the other way around throughout the year.
Great time to come together for a team effort.
Congrats to the Devil's. As I understand it this game just became a big teaching film to watch. All players should remember to keep playing until somebody makes you leave the field. Quality coaching breeds quality players which breed quality TRADITION.
FBALL Wrote:For PCC I don't think the off the field stuff played into it. They have some good players and made some plays. They just ran into a young Russell team that really stepped up tonight. In the end The Red Devils just made a few more plays than the Hawks.

Off field distractions played a huge part in this game. That and these boys only half played. There were many key factors and when it came down to it, we were just out played plain and simple. Too much going on.
HoBo Wrote:Off field distractions played a huge part in this game. That and these boys only half played. There were many key factors and when it came down to it, we were just out played plain and simple. Too much going on.

Not sure how you half play. PCC wanted to win this game. They were just out played in the second half. If two or three plays went the other way they would have won the game. Would you still have said that they won because of the distractions? I don't think so.
Jeepman Wrote:Not sure how you half play. PCC wanted to win this game. They were just out played in the second half. If two or three plays went the other way they would have won the game. Would you still have said that they won because of the distractions? I don't think so.

I completely agree. Central jus got outplayed in the second half.

Tom is not my friend....

congrats devils! Hawks we had a good season,keep your heads up and looking forward to seeing you next season....
Wow!
I was amazed when I found out that PCC had 4 total yards in the second half.
Difference in programs and thier history...
Russell expects to win games like this
Pike Central wants to win games like this

at some point PCC will get over the hump... Congrats on a very very nice season!

Red Devils do what Red Devils do they win their early round playoff games.

Looking forward to seeing results of next weeks game!
CONGRATS RUSSELL.Didn't know much about RUSSELL.This game shows that RUSSELL never quit and played to the very end,good job.RUSSELL has very good RB'S( some powerhouses).
CONGRATS to PCC to a good year and thanks to coach CHAPMAN and coaching staff for making HAWKS football fun to watch.This has been a great 2 years and it will only get better.:rockon:
Congrats to Russell...See ya next week at The Rock...Goodluck!
I could not be more pleased with the Russell performance last night. I am so proud of this team. Way to go!
Russell 27, Pike Central 21: Visiting Pike Central used a pair of TD passes and a TD run by quarterback Allan Boggs to gain a 21-7 lead at halftime, but Russell used its ground attack to rally for the victory.

Joel Korzep, who had 189 rushing yards, put Russell ahead early with a 36-yard TD run, and his two short scores early in the third cut the Hawks' lead to 21-19. A 2-yard score by Zach Thompson, followed by a two-point conversion, completed the comeback.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/06/15123...z14WrPjPFU