Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Harlan County
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Harlan Co. 10/29
Bell wins but this is a closer game than most predict. Bell - 35 Harlan - 21
Talked to one of the coaches at Bell last night and he said " Davenport was health and ready to go. He could have played last week but just let him rest up for the long run of the playoff. He said that he never had a serious injury just resting his legs
big blu 2 u Wrote:this is the playoffs for hcc imo.i would get off the excuse train and put the bell rivalry to rest and defeat them or quit scheduling them last game of the year,i mean whats up with that?hcc has improved greatly yet i feel they are a run only team and bell is a well balanced attack.this bell team may throw better than any ive seen since the new school.if the bears and coach larkey want to make a statement to the rest of state do it this friday! bc 28-hcc7 please prove me wrong

:dontthink You're alreadly wrong on two points and the game has not even started. First it's HC not hcc, secondly BC is not our playoffs. WE are solidly in the playoffs as a district champion with homefield advantage all the way through the state semi-finals with at least a decent chance to win the Regional Title. Having Highlands come to Harlan is a BIG DEAL to us. Much bigger than beating Bell IMO.
Oh yeah 1 other thing...both teams have a hard time finding games. Other than being border rivals that is another reason they play. Right now HC needs 3 games for 2011. Nobody within 1 days ride of a fast moving camel wants to play HC besides Bell.
Can count on bear paw for a good camel analogy, especially in the early mornings. NICE! (said like Tyson in 'The Hangover' after they stole the car from some stupid cops).

Most of this is typical when new kid on the block is legitimately tough but can't get equal respect from the reigning bully or his entourage (most of which would like to call the bully out but can't do it themselves and are afraid to side with the new kid until they are sure he can win). Only true way to get it and attract believers is on the field Friday.
[quote=Bear_Paw]Oh yeah 1 other thing...both teams have a hard time finding games. Other than being border rivals that is another reason they play. Right now HC needs 3 games for 2011. Nobody within 1 days ride of a fast moving camel wants to play HC besides Bell.[/QUOTE]

Right on Brother Bear_Paw...this is true! :Thumbs:

Calling Knox Central, calling Corbin anybody, anybody...................
big blu 2 u Wrote:i would get off the excuse train and put the bell rivalry to rest and defeat them or quit scheduling them last game of the year,i mean whats up with that?

Seriously?

They have only played 1 time previously.

Scheduling week 10 makes it a great game for both bordering schools, great climatic end to the regular season. No one is making excuses.

Bell County has a great team, one of the best the Mountains has seen. Harlan County is a huge underdog with nothing to lose because they are supposed to lose, no one is making excuses.

If Bell County wins, it is because they are the best team period.

If it weren't for each school playing each other I'm not sure either school could fill a schedule. Bell County cannot get a game scheduled nearby and now I've heard HC has had the worst time also. I believe they are traveling all the way to Lexington and Tennessee for games. Both schools are grateful for the fresh rivalry. Why would HC quit scheduling Bell County if they lose? You got to play the best, right?
Is it possible for their to be a "rivalry" between two schools if one can pick the score against the other on any given year?
zaga_fan Wrote:Is it possible for their to be a "rivalry" between two schools if one can pick the score against the other on any given year?

He said fresh rivalry, meaning it is just beginning. If BC continues to pound HC, then no it can't grow into a great rivalry. It will just be an anual beating. Right now it is in the early stages.
zaga_fan Wrote:Is it possible for their to be a "rivalry" between two schools if one can pick the score against the other on any given year?

Kind of like Perry Central against any good team?
palmer Wrote:Kind of like Perry Central against any good team?

Ha ha
Or kind of like whoever you like and PCC in Basketball.

Rivalries exist between schools for other reasons than football. Don't forget that HC and BC are district opponents in basketball & baseball...........
If it is 10:54 while I am typing this.. Bell Co. wins by 50...

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/vvopq...8po7pr.gif]

Looks like Bell Co. wins by 50...
I love the expression on the Blue care bear's face. That is what most of Harlan Co will look like after Friday night.
I'm sorry that my presence has not been felt on this thread like it should be.
I'll make sure to that I don't let all my BGR friends in Harlan and Bell down again!
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/69kea...63r2h9.jpg]

Is that bear in the middle named Commodore? He sure likes like his tail is sore or something. I figured that must by symbolic of PCC after their last three games.
Yogibear Wrote:Is that bear in the middle named Commodore? He sure likes like his tail is sore or something. I figured that must by symbolic of PCC after their last three games.

Nah.
I think you're looking too far into it.
There is some symbolism in the pic.
But it's pretty straight forward Wink
Those pictures are so epic..
any injury updates in Harlan Co?
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/f6u5l...x4z2t3.jpg]

Hide your kids..lol
Had to do it....
Here's another dedication.
It might be more suitable this time lol

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oqgTA6N-iw"]YouTube - Boys 2 Men - End Of The Road[/nomedia]
Yogibear Wrote:He said fresh rivalry, meaning it is just beginning. If BC continues to pound HC, then no it can't grow into a great rivalry. It will just be an anual beating. Right now it is in the early stages.

Sorry to burst your bubble good sir, but it is not.
zaga_fan Wrote:Had to do it....
Here's another dedication.
It might be more suitable this time lol

Ha!
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:[quote=Bear_Paw]Oh yeah 1 other thing...both teams have a hard time finding games. Other than being border rivals that is another reason they play. Right now HC needs 3 games for 2011. Nobody within 1 days ride of a fast moving camel wants to play HC besides Bell.[/QUOTE]

Right on Brother Bear_Paw...this is true! :Thumbs:

Calling Knox Central, calling Corbin anybody, anybody...................

Could one of you annimation experts please create me a picture of a fast moving camel with a bunch of Black Bears on it's humps (Two Hump Camel Please) heading down Highway 25E Northbound outa Pineville....Maybe passing that field on the left near Barbourville while the onlookers in Blue and Gold are shaking their head no as we pass by...lol. Maybe put our district championship trophy in one of their hands :1:
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/fh6h1...o0dqdn.jpg]

HAHAHAHA:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next