Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Harlan County
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Harlan Co. 10/29
easyM Wrote:[quote=Patriot]Or you could just go as the Three Stooges![/QUOTE

Can't believe you called those three the stooges!haha
You know there was another Stoog as well, you could be him......

Yah...I got this one!...LOL:lmao:

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!:thatsfunn
And you sir are entitled to your own opinion. I just was stating how things went for Coach Larkey from 2000-2007 against Bell. Many, not all, on here post how HC nor anyone can compare to Bell and how no one can beat them. And how hilarious it is for someone to consider it. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
Mama Bear Wrote:I've thought about this, I think HC beating a really good team like Clay for their first district championship in the 3 short years we've been consolidated was HUGE. These boys goal is to win the region. IF they were to beat Bell Co...........wow. We think it's possible!!!!!

That's right SISTER!!!!!:Thumbs:

[IMG][/IMG]

Word!.... to the BLACK BEARS!!!!!!:notworthy
easyM Wrote:Well you do know I'm gathering Zaga, Aslan, and King up at the game as well? They'll be wearing the Blue and White! Yoiu guys need to come over and say hello. Better yet, invite us to eat with you final folks from Harlan County during tailgaiting. That would be nice......
[SIZE="3"]
I'll run it by the head man...and see about getting you guys a special pass!...
[/SIZE]We'd love to have you for "Supper"!....LOL......HEHEHE!!!!!
You comming dressed up too?
BB CLAW Wrote:The Black Bears are building. And IMO Coach Larkey is just as good of a coach as Hilton. And at Rock he had did have some wins over Bell. In 2000, 2001,2002, and 2006. In 2005 Bell won in a nailbiter at Bell 33-29. Larkey does have some coaching skills. He even beat Highlands once as a huge underdawg--effort. Strength, HC is equal to or stronger than Bell IMO.

Yes, they have had their matchups....BUT...if Larkey is Hilton's equal, then why was the HC job offered to Hilton first??? Just a thought!
Please tell me Ur joking seriously...

Bell-62
Harlan-20
We've got pictures too! Middlesboro paper stated: The bear was hit at the bottom of Log Mountain, just past Bell County High School!!

Actually as animal lover, I think both pictures are SICK!!:flush:
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Yes, they have had their matchups....BUT...if Larkey is Hilton's equal, then why was the HC job offered to Hilton first??? Just a thought!

LOL, We love Coach Larkey and what he has done so far with pulling these kids together in the county, building a winning program in progress very quickly, and the football programs future is very bright. Someone was knocking and I had to clarify some things. Both are two of the best in the state. Both are tremendous coaches. Both WIN. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
Quote:Many will make the argument that HC need not show up against Bell. Honestly if I'm Larkey I don't know how much effort I'd put inot this game...We are getting very thin at several positions.

Now the excuses begin.

Quote:That would lead one to believe you might think Knox Central is significantly better than HC. You might want to rethink that my friend. This is not the HC tean you played in the grid.

I would venture to say that KC is much improved as well. So yeah, I would say KC is better than HC.
Harlan Co lost to Pulaski County. I saw Pulaski County in last years playoffs. They are abysmal. Tells me Harlan Co must be real bad. Bell Co shouldn't have any problems.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Harlan Co lost to Pulaski County. I saw Pulaski County in last years playoffs. They are abysmal. Tells me Harlan Co must be real bad. Bell Co shouldn't have any problems.

Pulaski is one of the best teams in the mountains.
and they lost to Highlands in the playoffs in a blowout.....
the same fate that happened to every team Highland played.
abysmal is a strong choice of words.....
and I'll go out on a limb and say it's a wrong choice of word altogether Wink
Hitters_Count Wrote:Now the excuses begin.

I would venture to say that KC is much improved as well. So yeah, I would say KC is better than HC.

Fact is fact we are banged up, and although I'd like to beat Bell by 50 the games ahead are far more important. If the game was that important Bell would play Davenport, and regardless of what is coming out of the Bell camp...HE IS INJURED. Not bad...but Injured. IT is FACT.

Relative to KC you forgot the word significant.
As said before everyone is banged up, after all it is week 10!

Unless of course you are Highlands b/c we all know that they are superhuman:biggrin:.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:As said before everyone is banged up, after all it is week 10!

Unless of course you are Highlands b/c we all know that they are superhuman:biggrin:.

So are you saying Davenport is not playing, I hope the kid is OK, he is a good kid and a very good ball player!
HugyBear Wrote:So are you saying Davenport is not playing, I hope the kid is OK, he is a good kid and a very good ball player!

Uhhh no. Are you trying to read tea leaves or what????

I have no idea whether he will play. Coach Hilton will do what ever is best for the kid IMO. I am not even sure if he is practicing?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Uhhh no. Are you trying to read tea leaves or what????

I have no idea whether he will play. Coach Hilton will do what ever is best for the kid IMO. I am not even sure if he is practicing?

Thanks, you hear all kinds of rumors, I think Bell will need him to beat Boyle County and win state! I thank they will do!
My prediction after all the reading on this thread is, 24-7 Bell Co.JMO
Bell wins hands down...even city folks know this!!!
I agree the Bears are banged up and although that is true, the Bears will still be coming hard for the win. Hey, this is Bell County. You gotta get fired up for this. Huge opportunity and an excellent tuneup for playoffs for both teams. The Black Bears will be coming hard as every Friday Night and this is no different. A W is out there and the Bears want it. And as usual, the Bears will be coming hard, no tricks, right at 'em. Who wouldn't want the opportunity to beat the top ranked Bell County Bobcats. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
As great as Davenport is, this Bell team is loaded. As big a loss as it would be for this team I think they would still make a serious run at another ring. The depth and speed on this team is tremendous.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Harlan Co lost to Pulaski County. I saw Pulaski County in last years playoffs. They are abysmal. Tells me Harlan Co must be real bad. Bell Co shouldn't have any problems.

You Sir obviously don't know what you're talking about!:redboxer: Pulaski County is the 2nd best team in the mountains behind Bell Co and some would argue that they're the best but no one will ever know because I don't see these two teams playing eachother.

1. Pulaski County made it to the State Semi-Finals and lost to Highlands just like everyone else did and they got blown out like everyone else did!

2. Pulaski County has THE best Quarterback in the Mounains, IMO, in Zach Eastham who can throw it past you or run it past you either way it doesn't matter.

3. Pulaski County overall as a team is better than last year and if it wasn't for Highlands being in 5A football I think the Maroons would win the State Championship this year! IMO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
EVERYBODY is invited to tailgate. :0

Nobody can throw down like the Mamma Bears!!!

Go Black Bears!!!
What is the status of Davenport?
I hope the Davenport kid is ok. He plays an very big part in the Bell success and their playoff success. Without him I don't see Bell winning the state championship. Without him, their speed drops. He is above most in the speed area. I truly hope he is ok or gets healthy before the big playoff games. He is talented.
I hate to see any kid get hurt, any time of their career, any time of the season, but especially when it is their showtime-- playoffs. Hope he is ok. He is talented.
cityboy Wrote:Bell wins hands down...even city folks know this!!!

For a "City" boy you shore aint thinkin straight!....us Hilbillies Shore can pack a wall-up when it comes to the ole pig skin!....You come out and see just what these "BEARS" are gonna do come Friday night!....Then you ken come on over and celebrate with us...YEEEHAAW!!!...LOL

[IMG][/IMG]
The Black Bears are preparing and they do expect that Davenport will play. I hope he does and hope this injury stuff is found to be rumor. Bell needs Davenport to beat Knox or Boyle IMO. Anyway, the Black Bears will bring a battle. They are in it to win it. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
D-manz Wrote:This game will be the same as last year.IMO

I agree
this is the playoffs for hcc imo.i would get off the excuse train and put the bell rivalry to rest and defeat them or quit scheduling them last game of the year,i mean whats up with that?hcc has improved greatly yet i feel they are a run only team and bell is a well balanced attack.this bell team may throw better than any ive seen since the new school.if the bears and coach larkey want to make a statement to the rest of state do it this friday! bc 28-hcc7 please prove me wrong
I think Bell will win! but you will never leave Harlan alive.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next