Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Whayne Supply Mt Classic
Bell County, Clay County, and Betsy Layne are all pretty good teams so they shouldn't be counted out this year.
cougar_54 Wrote:HAZARD vs bell co------------hazard
LETCHER CO vs shelby valley--LETCHER

CLAY CO vs knott co---CLAY CO---CLAY CO
PERRY CO vs betsy layne----------perry co

Letcher Central vs Clay Co 67-62
Letcher Cenral champs
Lol.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Bell County, Clay County, and Betsy Layne are all pretty good teams so they shouldn't be counted out this year.

Clay might be the favorites. My money would be on them or Hazard.
I'd say Hazard is the favorite, the top bracket is a little easier than the bottom one.
Just to be different, I say KC wins the WYMT. I really think its a Parry/Hazard final, but I just chose KCC cuse nobody else has picked them.
Hazard

-----------------------------Hazard

Bell Co

-----------------------------------------------------Hazard

Letcher Central

-----------------------------Letcher Central

Shelby Valley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Clay Co

Knott Central

-----------------------------Clay Co

Clay Co

------------------------------------------------------Clay Co

Perry Central

-----------------------------Perry Central

Betsy Layne

That is my prediction because I know Booker has been out for a while but I remember seeing him play in grade school and he was one of the best athletes I have seen. Looking forward to the tourney this year. Hazard has a very easy trip to the final but I see Clay co taking it in the end. The bottom bracket has to be one of the better brackets the WYMT has had though.
Bell, Letcher, Clay Co., and Perry Central win in opening rounds.
MVP2 Wrote:This is one of the best tournaments in the Mountains during the regular season.The Classic is being held at John C. Combs Arena this season which is the home of the Perry Central Commodores.Whats everyone's thought on this years?

Shelby Valley-Defending Champs.
Perry Central- 14th Region Runners-up last season.
Hazard Bulldogs-Most think is the fav in the 14th this season.
Betsy Layne-Has a legit chance at winning the 15th.
Knott Central- Defending 14th Region Champs.
Letcher Central- Could be one of biggest surprise teams in the Mts.
Clay County- The Fav to win the 13th IMO and returns one the best athletes in the Mts in Hooker.
Bell Co- 15 win season last season and only lost 3 seniors but returns the #1 player in the region in Madon.

This may be the most balanced tourney in quite a while. I think there are quite a few teams that could win.
I think the favorites are Perry, Hazard,Knott, Clay and Bell. I think the other teams have a good shot at a good season also but my only question mark of the group is SV. They had a unbelievable run last year and made all of East Ky proud of them. However, I think they will be rebuilding this year after losing a special group.
1. Perry will always compete with a great coach like Hatcher.
2. Hazard has alot of talent returning and a great incoming class of freshman that are local kids plus got a great transfer in Matt Thompson. They would have been more scary if the Whitaker kid that transferred from Leslie had got eligible.
3. I have not seen this Betsy Layne group play but hear good things about them so this may be a year they have a good shot to win the region.
4. knott central returns a great group of players for first year coach BB King and the question for them is how well Davis comes back from ACL surgery. Roberts Slone and Davis are starters that return and they have a good 2 guard in Seth Adams who may be the best 3 point shooter in the region.
5. Clay co will be really good and could have won the region last year if Hooker had not got hurt playing football. He is a very talented athlete and if healthy could lead Clay to their first regional title in quite a while. They also have a first year coach in Robert Marcum who was a great player at Clay and the all time leading scorer at ALC.
6. Bell returns alot of experience off a good team from last year and could make some waves this year also.
Good luck to all teams in a loaded field.
new guy Wrote:This may be the most balanced tourney in quite a while. I think there are quite a few teams that could win.
I think the favorites are Perry, Hazard,Knott, Clay and Bell. I think the other teams have a good shot at a good season also but my only question mark of the group is SV. They had a unbelievable run last year and made all of East Ky proud of them. However, I think they will be rebuilding this year after losing a special group.
1. Perry will always compete with a great coach like Hatcher.
2. Hazard has alot of talent returning and a great incoming class of freshman that are local kids plus got a great transfer in Matt Thompson. They would have been more scary if the Whitaker kid that transferred from Leslie had got eligible.
3. I have not seen this Betsy Layne group play but hear good things about them so this may be a year they have a good shot to win the region.
4. knott central returns a great group of players for first year coach BB King and the question for them is how well Davis comes back from ACL surgery. Roberts Slone and Davis are starters that return and they have a good 2 guard in Seth Adams who may be the best 3 point shooter in the region.
5. Clay co will be really good and could have won the region last year if Hooker had not got hurt playing football. He is a very talented athlete and if healthy could lead Clay to their first regional title in quite a while. They also have a first year coach in Robert Marcum who was a great player at Clay and the all time leading scorer at ALC.
6. Bell returns alot of experience off a good team from last year and could make some waves this year also.
Good luck to all teams in a loaded field.

The tournament is very balanced out year, I think every 1st round game will be a good game. I really don't except no blowouts in any of the games. I absolutely love this tourney, probably my favorite regular season tournament and all the sponsors do a great job put it together. I cant wait for this one to start.
I must admit I'm a little shocked that NO ONE has picked Shelby Valley to advance out of the first round. I know that SV faces a rebuilding season, and they may not even win their district this year, let alone the 15th region. But I just find it surprising that of all the posters on this thread who made predictions for how the tournament will play out, every single one picked Letcher Central to win over SV.

Again, not predicting they won't win, but Letcher Central did finish 11-17 last year, and failed to advance out of their district. I'm a 15th region guy, so someone fill me in a little on the Cougars. Do they return all their starters, have a big-time transfer, or what?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I must admit I'm a little shocked that NO ONE has picked Shelby Valley to advance out of the first round. I know that SV faces a rebuilding year, and they may not even win their district this year, let alone the 15th region. But I just find it surprising that of all the posters on this thread who made predictions for how the tournament will play out, every single one picked Letcher Central to win ver SV.

Again, not predicting they won't win, but Letcher Central did finish 10-17 last year, and failed to advance out of their district. I'm a 15th region guy, so someone fill me in a little on the Cougars. Do they return all their starters, have a big-time transfer, or what?

They return four starters from last year and all of their bench. That and the fact that Shelby Valley lost eight Seniors has some bearing.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:They return four starters from last year and all of their bench. That and the fact that Shelby Valley lost eight Seniors has some bearing.

Thanks for the info. Obviously, I knew about Valley's situation, but I didn't know what LCC had coming back this year. If it had been Perry or Hazard, I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see everyone pick against SV.

So is Letcher favored to win their district this year over Knott?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Thanks for the info. Obviously, I knew about Valley's situation, but I didn't know what LCC had coming back this year. If it had been Perry or Hazard, I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see everyone pick against SV.

So is Letcher favored to win their district this year over Knott?

They are about neck and neck. Knott was favored early but injuries to Davis has caused many to change their favorite to Letcher. Even with Davis, it will be competitive between these two teams.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:They are about neck and neck. Knott was favored early but injuries to Davis has caused many to change their favorite to Letcher. Even with Davis, it will be competitive between these two teams.

Who are the many?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:They are about neck and neck. Knott was favored early but injuries to Davis has caused many to change their favorite to Letcher. Even with Davis, it will be competitive between these two teams.

Is Davis going to be out the entire season?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Is Davis going to be out the entire season?

Will be back in about a month.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Will be back in about a month.

OK, I was going to say as long as Davis was going to be back for the District Tournament that they would be favored but with him coming back in a month I think Knott wins without a doubt!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:OK, I was going to say as long as Davis was going to be back for the District Tournament that they would be favored but with him coming back in a month I think Knott wins without a doubt!

Letcher Central will take the district title this year!
leecoukfan Wrote:OK, I was going to say as long as Davis was going to be back for the District Tournament that they would be favored but with him coming back in a month I think Knott wins without a doubt!

Seems like Knott Central is a heavy favorite every year but since they have been in the same district, Letcher Central has the same amount of district championships. Last year, LCC almost beat Knott Central in the first round of the district and return basically their whole team. Knott County has since lost Stamper, Cox and Bartram.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Seems like Knott Central is a heavy favorite every year but since they have been in the same district, Letcher Central has the same amount of district championships. Last year, LCC almost beat Knott Central in the first round of the district and return basically their whole team. Knott County has since lost Stamper, Cox and Bartram.

KCC also lost Braxton Ratliff, who started for some games for the Pats.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Seems like Knott Central is a heavy favorite every year but since they have been in the same district, Letcher Central has the same amount of district championships. Last year, LCC almost beat Knott Central in the first round of the district and return basically their whole team. Knott County has since lost Stamper, Cox and Bartram.

Yeah but they will have 7 seniors on the roster and they which includes Nason Roberts and Mikey Slone! Not to mention arguably the best player in the Region with Zach Davis! So I see no reason why they don't win their district!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
High Sheriff Wrote:Letcher Central will take the district title this year!

What? No way. :thatsfunn
High Sheriff Wrote:Letcher Central will take the district title this year!

I wouldn't be surprised. They return a good portion of there team that played Knott close last year. Not to mention Knott lost there two best players and a few other key players.
This is how I would rank the teams in the Classic this year:
1) Clay Co.
2) Hazard
3) Perry Co.
4) Betsy Lane
5) Letcher Co.
6) Bell Co.
7) Shelby Valley
8) Knott Co. (Without Davis)
I wouldn't count out Bell County
I heard Betsy Lane was supposed to be really good this year.
I don't see them much because they aren't in the 14th region.
But I just heard they are contending for a regional title over there.
zaga_fan Wrote:I heard Betsy Lane was supposed to be really good this year.

Well since Valley isnt the Valley they have been the last 4 years, it makes that region a little more equal. I'd say Betsy Layne or Johnson Central will take the title in the 15th region JMO.
zaga_fan Wrote:I heard Betsy Lane was supposed to be really good this year.

Betsy Layne has a really good team this year...It is going to be fun to see them play JC
Bell Co has 2 new players out this season.

Carter and Cox, both are Juniors. 6'6 and 6'4.
13th regional final with Clay coming out on top. Bell is good, real good. Madon will show some people in this tourney just how good he is. He was the most improved player I seen last year, but not many people got to see it. It will be an interesting matchup with him and Hooker going at it, but Clay just has too many weapons. Mitchell is solid in all phases of the game. Got to respect his jump shot and he's very strong and fast and is great at finishing in traffic. You could put him, Madon, and Hooker in any order for the top 3 players in the 13th.
coach morris is a fine coach!