Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Whayne Supply Mt Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is one of the best tournaments in the Mountains during the regular season.The Classic is being held at John C. Combs Arena this season which is the home of the Perry Central Commodores.Whats everyone's thought on this years?

Shelby Valley-Defending Champs.
Perry Central- 14th Region Runners-up last season.
Hazard Bulldogs-Most think is the fav in the 14th this season.
Betsy Layne-Has a legit chance at winning the 15th.
Knott Central- Defending 14th Region Champs.
Letcher Central- Could be one of biggest surprise teams in the Mts.
Clay County- The Fav to win the 13th IMO and returns one the best athletes in the Mts in Hooker.
Bell Co- 15 win season last season and only lost 3 seniors but returns the #1 player in the region in Madon.
This one should have another Perry/Hazard final!!!

I hope Hazard wouldn't forfeit if it came down to that....
Is there a bracket out for it??? I would love to see the matchups at the beginning. I will say....... Wow this one is hard. Perry Central comes away with the tourney title.
I think just the teams have been announced not the games yet, I'll post them soon as I find out. If anyone knows if they have than posted it please.
Overall it looks like a great selection! Can't wait to see how they setup the brackets!
expect a perry/valley bracket and a knott/hazard bracket
zaga_fan Wrote:expect a perry/valley bracket and a knott/hazard bracket

Yeah, thats pretty much a given that they're not going to put PCC and Hazard in the same bracket.
I would love to see a Valley and PCC bracket. I think that would be very interesting.
Look for Betsy Layne to make a good showing at the WYMT tournament. They could give anyone of the teams a great game.
Would love to see a Hazard Perry final.
Thank God it's back at Perry Central.
Look for another great Perry/Hazard final.
zaga_fan Wrote:expect a perry/valley bracket and a knott/hazard bracket

I would expect Clay to get more preference this year as they may be better then Valley. This will be a very balanced tournament.
Aslan Wrote:Thank God it's back at Perry Central.
Look for another great Perry/Hazard final.

For parking purposes only. I like Knotts gym better and they have better food in the hospitality room. Perry Central continually has one of the worst hospitality rooms in the region.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:For parking purposes only. I like Knotts gym better and they have better food in the hospitality room. Perry Central continually has one of the worst hospitality rooms in the region.

I like Perry's gym better.
Look for a Knott-Hazard bracket and a Clay - Perry bracket. If I was predicting the match-ups, I would say Hazard -Betsy Layne, Knott - Bell, PCC-Valley, Clay - LCC.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:For parking purposes only. I like Knotts gym better and they have better food in the hospitality room. Perry Central continually has one of the worst hospitality rooms in the region.

I don't think the hospitality room is one of the top concerns for the tournament committe lol
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I would love to see a Valley and PCC bracket. I think that would be very interesting.

They had one last year.
Unfortunately, Perry was upset by Clay early and we didn't get to see the matchup.
Perry and Valley played the past 2 years to end the season and both games were nailbiters with the teams splitting at 1-1.
It would have been nice to have had that as a rubber match.
Oh well lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think the hospitality room is one of the top concerns for the tournament committe lol

Evidently not. IMO, Knott Central puts on the better tournament. If they had better parking, they would be superior in all aspects.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Evidently not. IMO, Knott Central puts on the better tournament. If they had better parking, they would be superior in all aspects.

Knott puts on a tournament well.
but with a big Whayne supply being in Hazard, and WYMT being stationed there, it seems like Perry is just the best fit for this tournament.
A large gym with plenty of parking that's centrally located in the mountains and home of all the sponsors.
I'd imagine it's hard for the committee to have it anywhere else.
I'm pretty sure they just switch every other year. Last years Wymt was held at Knott Central. I personally only see KCC/PCC only teams being able to host this tournament over the other schools that participate in it do to gym size/parking.
When the 14th region plays someone out of the region. I always pull for the 14th. Since we are making predictions on this tourney, before we have seen any of the teams play. I'm picking the Clay Co Tigers to win the Classic in 2011.
MVP2 Wrote:When the 14th region plays someone out of the region. I always pull for the 14th. Since we are making predictions on this tourney, before we have seen any of the teams play. I'm picking the Clay Co Tigers to win the Classic in 2011.

Hatcher's shutting Hooker down!!!!!
PCC wins the title
zaga_fan Wrote:Hatcher's shutting Hooker down!!!!!
PCC wins the title

Remember you heard it first right here, Clay Co will be the Champs.
MVP2 Wrote:Remember you heard it first right here, Clay Co will be the Champs.

They upset Perry last year but lost to the eventual State Champions in Shelby Valley.
They could make some noise....but this one's all Perry County.
Hazard/Perry final with Perry winning by forfeit!
I'm pretty sure if Hazard/Perry meet in the Championship game, it'll be played. PCC/HHS match up can only be played if they meet in a tournament. This tournament makes way to much money to have a championship game won by forfeit. Everyone from both schools knows that there is that chance they'll meet each other,Hazard knows they could meet PCC in this and if they plan on a forfeit if that happen, I'm sure they'd just decline in the invite and play in a another tournament across the state. I'm positive there wont be no forfeits. I know you could be sarcastic because you may say HHS is scared of PCC but when is the last time PCC beat them when it counted? Confusedhh:
MVP2 Wrote:I'm pretty sure if Hazard/Perry meet in the Championship game, it'll be played. PCC/HHS match up can only be played if they meet in a tournament. This tournament makes way to much money to have a championship game won by forfeit. Everyone from both schools knows that there is that chance they'll meet each other,Hazard knows they could meet PCC in this and if they plan on a forfeit if that happen, I'm sure they'd just decline in the invite and play in a another tournament across the state. I'm positive there wont be no forfeits. I know you could be sarcastic because you may say HHS is scared of PCC but when is the last time PCC beat them when it counted? Confusedhh:

Good post.
MVP2 Wrote:Remember you heard it first right here, Clay Co will be the Champs.

Your crazy.. DJ Wilson doesn't play there anymore MVP who are you kidding.
PCC or Hazard will blast thru this tourney with ease.
On another note, PCC had Clay Co. in the palm of their hands last year and let it go at the end.
Ballers Wrote:Your crazy.. DJ Wilson doesn't play there anymore MVP who are you kidding.
PCC or Hazard will blast thru this tourney with ease.

Your right, Wilson isn't there but Mitchell, Hooker,Roberts and Gay are all returning, they'll be tough. Mark it down Ballers, Clay Co wins this tournament.
MVP2 Wrote:Your right, Wilson isn't there but Mitchell, Hooker,Roberts and Gay are all returning, they'll be tough. Mark it down Ballers, Clay Co wins this tournament.

We'll see. I'm sticking with the home court.
Pages: 1 2 3 4