Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Harlan County
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Harlan Co. 10/29
hitemup Wrote:yeah they play at the old cawood high school field. they ran out of money to build the athletic facilities when they were constructing the high school. however, they have begun work on a new baseball field. and possibly softball?

:yikes: That is either a terrible job at managing budget or football ranks low on the totem poll of athletic priorities. Oh well, I was looking forward to a new stadium I guess Harlan Co. is too "oops" Very nice of cawood to lend them a hand.
I respect the HCHS program, but just don't think the program has evolved enough just yet to knock off Bell

Close for a while...

Bell 35
HC 20
Not sure if we can score 35 but HC will not score 20.

HC has a lot of excitement and great supporters right now. I look forward to this rivalry for years to come.
Patriot Wrote:Im pretty sure your comments about butt kissing is the exact definition of butt kissing in the dictionary. My amusement is that you have to use another team to talk trash!
But since I'm amusing you here goes,
Knox county is the feces produced when Bell County eats Corbin.
You are a fine represenation of your program... If using a public board to sling insults and call folks deragatory names in the name of a football game is your way of using up the seconds of your life - I pitty you in the time your fingers aren't connected to a keyboard.

I met many of the HC players at weight meets over the years. They have far more class than the fans that represent them here do. I wish them the best as they take on a quality opponent.
BB CLAW Wrote:The Harlan County Black Bears are up to the challenge. Bears cocky, I don't think so. Everyone on this site knows who is cocky and that Bell on every thread opened. Harlan County is only wanting this Fridays W that will be available Friday Night. Knox? Where are you coming from. We don't care about anything but getting another win this Friday Night. Bell, I know Bell expects a full all out battle. They better be expecting it, because the Black Bears will be bringing it. Knox, go worry about what you need to be worrying about. GO BLACK BEARS!!!

Bell is the one that gets on here running their mouths and displaying their cocky attitudes? Just go back and read all the threads throughout the year. If you don't see who has ran their mouth all seaon either you're crazy or in serious denial. Bell will show up Friday night ready to put another W in their long list. We'll show up and play while you guys are busy feeding your Bears those rusty nails we've heard about all year. Good Lord.
And please, save the next year or the year after stuff. We're talking about now so don't use the old scapegoat route. Show up and play. Shut the talking up. It's time.
Log Mtn. Lane Wrote::yikes: That is either a terrible job at managing budget or football ranks low on the totem poll of athletic priorities. Oh well, I was looking forward to a new stadium I guess Harlan Co. is too "oops" Very nice of cawood to lend them a hand.

What happened was you had a few "nuts" in the county for lack of a better word who did all they could to block the consolidation and building of the new school, therefore delaying the building for several years I believe it was. By the time construction did get underway, Hurricane Katrina had happened and building supplies had gone way up from when it was originally to be built. This did cause a lack of funding and the football stadium did not get built. I'd say they could sling a halfway nice football stadium up, but they are holding out until they can build it the way it was planned, which will be something else from what I've been told. :popcorn: My son is a senior this year and will never get to play on it, but I can't wait to see it and see the boys who are there get to play on it. They deserve it and if it wasn't for those who caused the delay the boys would have a great stadium to play in now.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Why Football1, this is complete and utter blasphemy to actually suggest that any team could actually beat Bell Co, even the great and wonderous Knox Central. What the heck were you thinking?????
Why is it so strange of an idea for you all to RESPECT you opponents; admire and even to a degree work to immulate their success? Competition is not about hating you opponent and talking trash every step of the way. Loving to win does not preclude you from seeing the value in the accomplishments of your opponents.

Bell County is our biggest target. We have never beaten them and have ever intention of changing that at the earliest opportunity. But the reality is we have never beaten them because they are pretty darn good. It takes nothing away from our team to admit that. If parents don't "get" what real competition is about, how in the world will our sons?
Football1 Wrote:Why is it so strange of an idea for you all to RESPECT you opponents; admire and even to a degree work to immulate their success? Competition is not about hating you opponent and talking trash every step of the way. Loving to win does not preclude you from seeing the value in the accomplishments of your opponents.

That will not happen with this bunch. We have all read their Posts since the new schools was built. Humility is not a quality they have mastered. That is the reason nearly every poster from other schools always pick against them.
Football1 Wrote:Why is it so strange of an idea for you all to RESPECT you opponents; admire and even to a degree work to immulate their success? Competition is not about hating you opponent and talking trash every step of the way. Loving to win does not preclude you from seeing the value in the accomplishments of your opponents.

Bell County is our biggest target. We have never beaten them and have ever intention of changing that at the earliest opportunity. But the reality is we have never beaten them because they are pretty darn good. It takes nothing away from our team to admit that. If parents don't "get" what real competition is about, how in the world will our sons?

I agree with you 100%, but why is it when we back our boys and think they can win...everyone says we're absolutely crazy for even thinking they can do it. We have never beaten them either and "have every intention of changing that at the earlist opportunity" too!!! I do respect what Bell Co has done and value their accomplishments. They are great, they are awesome, but they can be beaten and we think our boys can do it. I know that some of our fans have been a tad "overzealous" on here, but we have gotten absolutely no respect all year long and we have known all along that we have a great team....we are still a little excited about winning the first district title in the school's 3 years of existence.

Now, whether or not we will beat Bell on Friday, who knows, one can hope and be positive about it....the game will have to be played on the field. What is said on here doesn't mean a cotton-picking thing. We are having fun with it, so don't take it personally. :igiveup:
easyM Wrote:Bell is the one that gets on here running their mouths and displaying their cocky attitudes? Just go back and read all the threads throughout the year. If you don't see who has ran their mouth all seaon either you're crazy or in serious denial. Bell will show up Friday night ready to put another W in their long list. We'll show up and play while you guys are busy feeding your Bears those rusty nails we've heard about all year. Good Lord.
And please, save the next year or the year after stuff. We're talking about now so don't use the old scapegoat route. Show up and play. Shut the talking up. It's time.

Epic post.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:That will not happen with this bunch. We have all read their Posts since the new schools was built. Humility is not a quality they have mastered. That is the reason nearly every poster from other schools always pick against them.

Oh and everybody just loves the Bell Co. crew on here, right Bobcat_Dad??? :dontthink That is why there was an entire thread dedicated last year, I believe it was, to how much everybody disliked the Bell fans...remember that??? We are just throwing back some of what we've caught from you guys for the last 3 years! Get over it....come on Friday night and let the game begin!
I admit some of the Bell Co. crew is plum down right stupid, I will refrain from naming them. But for the most part we are pretty knowledgeable football people and realist.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I admit some of the Bell Co. crew is plum down right stupid, I will refrain from naming them. But for the most part we are pretty knowledgeable football people and realist.

Every team has them and lots of them.

I just wish people would take a look back last week at the PCC/HC thread and look at the trash talk that was said and it was all in good fun and civil. People just take things too personal at times I suppose because it is typed out and not spoken.
I really think the personal "HATE" post, albeit a copy, spoof or whatever of something else, really got under some people's skin.
Every school will have some fans that get on here and say some stupid stuff.I am a Johnson Central fan and we also have some of these people. I have followed my team to all away games for years, and I have not yet met any nicer fans than I did at the Bell game. So we need to ignor some of the fans post from our teams and don't hold it against everyone.

Bell wins this one!!!
My bottom line - I wish HC well in a tough game against our rival. Your fans are like everyone else's: a mixed bag of classy, well spoken folks with a touch of name calling, trash talkers.

My honest opinion is HC can't beat Bell. My honest opinion continues to be KC handled HC with relative ease this summer when our 1st teams were on the field and we could do it again. We will never know about that - but Friday we will know for sure if HC can beat Bell.

Now post all the donkeys and feces you feel needed. Maybe you could find a few pics of some footballs and do something funny with those since it is football season?
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Oh and everybody just loves the Bell Co. crew on here, right Bobcat_Dad??? :dontthink That is why there was an entire thread dedicated last year, I believe it was, to how much everybody disliked the Bell fans...remember that??? We are just throwing back some of what we've caught from you guys for the last 3 years! Get over it....come on Friday night and let the game begin!

I don't think anyone on here can say that ALL of their posters never say anything out of the way while talking on here. We have some posters that say the most stupid things that you could imagine. But Den Mother, you and others Harlan Co. fans have those posters as well. Honestly, you have more. And to keep it real, whether you like it or not Bell has actually done enough to talk a little more than most others. If you think that the Harlan Co. faithful doesn't get on here and talk nothing but trash as well, go back and look. For now, you're seeing it one way. I promise you we can start a thread about Harlan County posters and you'll see just how much you all talk stupid things as well. Remeber this, Bell has every right to expect to win Friday night. I don't mean that disresptful at all. They have done something to back it up. Maybe one day soon the Bears will as well. And when you say no one gives the Bears respect their's two reasons for it IMO. One-you guys get upset if another poster believes the team you will face next will win. That's their opinion. Two-when the Bears do something worth getting the praise they will. I believe the Bears have a bright future ahead but for now, if posters choose Bell over your Bears you can't blame them. Bell is proven. The Bears are not.
easyM Wrote:I don't think anyone on here can say that ALL of their posters never say anything out of the way while talking on here. We have some posters that say the most stupid things that you could imagine. But Den Mother, you and others Harlan Co. fans have those posters as well. Honestly, you have more. And to keep it real, whether you like it or not Bell has actually done enough to talk a little more than most others. If you think that the Harlan Co. faithful doesn't get on here and talk nothing but trash as well, go back and look. For now, you're seeing it one way. I promise you we can start a thread about Harlan County posters and you'll see just how much you all talk stupid things as well. Remeber this, Bell has every right to expect to win Friday night. I don't mean that disresptful at all. They have done something to back it up. Maybe one day soon the Bears will as well. And when you say no one gives the Bears respect their's two reasons for it IMO. One-you guys get upset if another poster believes the team you will face next will win. That's their opinion. Two-when the Bears do something worth getting the praise they will. I believe the Bears have a bright future ahead but for now, if posters choose Bell over your Bears you can't blame them. Bell is proven. The Bears are not.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying too, about some of the fans, Bell being proven and will be tough to beat, etc. Believe me, I know it will be a tough, tough game. My point is that everyone acts like we, the fans, and the boys shouldn't even show up Friday night, that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever in HADES that we have even the slightest shot in winning, so we best pack it in right now....and when we do have a little faith and say we think it CAN be done, everyone is ready to commit us to the state looney bin for even thinking such a thought. Bell County's boys put their pants on the same way the Bears do...we may not beat you...I will concur with that, we MAY not, but it is NOT, I repeat, NOT written in stone anywhere that the Bears will take away a loss come this Friday. I can't wait until Friday to sit across the field from you guys and cheer our boys on. You all have enthusiastic fans and so do we...should be a night to remember! :Cheerlead
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I agree with a lot of what you are saying too, about some of the fans, Bell being proven and will be tough to beat, etc. Believe me, I know it will be a tough, tough game. My point is that everyone acts like we, the fans, and the boys shouldn't even show up Friday night, that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever in HADES that we have even the slightest shot in winning, so we best pack it in right now....and when we do have a little faith and say we think it CAN be done, everyone is ready to commit us to the state looney bin for even thinking such a thought. Bell County's boys put their pants on the same way the Bears do...we may not beat you...I will concur with that, we MAY not, but it is NOT, I repeat, NOT written in stone anywhere that the Bears will take away a loss come this Friday. I can't wait until Friday to sit across the field from you guys and cheer our boys on. You all have enthusiastic fans and so do we...should be a night to remember! :Cheerlead

I agree with most of what you just said as well.
I will ask you to do this though, keep an open mind about both sides views. And I told you in the earlier post, Bell has some posters that I would love to see just hush with these crazy, provoking, and cocky remarks. But that's basically impossible. And with the Harlan Co. faithful. If you'll read the start of this post start paying closing attention to what some said from Harlan Co. The word hate was use several times. You know it's ok to dislike a team but to say you hate them is bad. These are kids, I hope they understand that. All understand that.
I also read (can't remember the poster) where someone from Harlan Co. said that Bell never pulls for Harlan Co. Again that is a stupid comment. Go back and look at the earlier threads during this season. I can tell you right now, Bell will pull for Knox and Harlan Co. over any other teams in this area but themselves. Well, I have to throw Whitley in there too. They are a class act. I was very impressed with their players, coaches, and their fans. They're a super classy bunch......
easyM Wrote:I agree with most of what you just said as well.
I will ask you to do this though, keep an open mind about both sides views. And I told you in the earlier post, Bell has some posters that I would love to see just hush with these crazy, provoking, and cocky remarks. But that's basically impossible. And with the Harlan Co. faithful. If you'll read the start of this post start paying closing attention to what some said from Harlan Co. The word hate was use several times. You know it's ok to dislike a team but to say you hate them is bad. These are kids, I hope they understand that. All understand that.
I also read (can't remember the poster) where someone from Harlan Co. said that Bell never pulls for Harlan Co. Again that is a stupid comment. Go back and look at the earlier threads during this season. I can tell you right now, Bell will pull for Knox and Harlan Co. over any other teams in this area but themselves. Well, I have to throw Whitley in there too. They are a class act. I was very impressed with their players, coaches, and their fans. They're a super classy bunch......

As we pull for Bell and anybody else in SEKY as long as they are not facing Knox Central.
William Muney Wrote:As we pull for Bell and anybody else in SEKY as long as they are not facing Knox Central.

I guess for some it's not in them to pull for their neighbors. I guess you can say success from one causes hate from others.......
Thanks William for your support. Wish you guys luck. If we can't win it all I'll be pulling for Knox to win....
easyM Wrote:Bell is the one that gets on here running their mouths and displaying their cocky attitudes? Just go back and read all the threads throughout the year. If you don't see who has ran their mouth all seaon either you're crazy or in serious denial. Bell will show up Friday night ready to put another W in their long list. We'll show up and play while you guys are busy feeding your Bears those rusty nails we've heard about all year. Good Lord.

now c'mon easyM.
These Harlan fans have never ran their mouth.
and if they do they are totally justified in doing so because of their JV squad.
CUBS WIN
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kmebo...pq5kob.jpg]
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/i6t9c...0evmf7.gif]
Dang. Where's bellbobcats09? Vacation? Hasn't posted in a couple hours.
[quote=zaga_fan]now c'mon easyM.
and if they do they are totally justified in doing so because of their JV squad.
CUBS WIN

What about their JV squad?:Shaking:
To the Harlan County fans.I applaude you for standing behind your bears like you are. How'ever, there are certain ways to do it. KC has been beaten by bell since I can remember. I for one can't wait until KC does win. Bell deserves to be number one as they are. I know their fans know their football. Respect comes by earning it. Bell has done this each year. You will have to admit they are the King of The Mountains until someone knocks them off. It is honerable to keep your peace until you either win or lose. If you win then gracefully get your reward. I am not into the trash talk or the haters. I think Bell will win. They are a proven team. They are beatable but Harlan will not do it this year from what I have seen. Good luck to the bears. I will be pulling for the bell. Harlan Co 7 Bell 34
I gotta give Harlan credit.. They have shut up, and set down a lot of tough teams with the last few weeks.

Who knows what can happen. I understand that the Harlan fans must be pumped after all the talk that they would not claim district.

Good luck Bears, if you win.. You def. deserve it imo.
Come on y'all please keep this clean and on-topic about Bell County @ Harlan County.

With that said, I have a lot of respect for Bell County and do believe that they will run the table this season, however, I have to root for Big Tom and the Black Bears because of their Head Coach.
Ballers Wrote:I gotta give Harlan credit.. They have shut up, and set down a lot of tough teams with the last few weeks.

Who knows what can happen. I understand that the Harlan fans must be pumped after all the talk that they would not claim district.

Good luck Bears, if you win.. You def. deserve it imo.

Handing Perry County and Clay County is a good accomplishment.
But it is not on the same level as handing Bell County a loss
zaga_fan Wrote:now c'mon easyM.
CUBS WIN
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kmebo...pq5kob.jpg]
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/i6t9c...0evmf7.gif]

Thank You for the pics!....This is what I'm talking about!....witty banter!...funny pics!...Good stuff!....lol

Give as good as you get!...LOVE IT!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next