Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 - Oct. 11
leecoukfan Wrote:This is what my Top 10 would look like!

1. Bell Co.
2. Somerset
3. Pulaski Co.
4. Johnson Central
5. Knox Central
6. Clay County
7. Hazard
8. Belfry
9. Perry Central
10. Prestonsburg

Not sure how you can place Belfry above Prestonsburg.
blackcat Wrote:Not sure how you can place Belfry above Prestonsburg.

And move Perry above them both.

No knock against PBurg, but Belfry's improved leaps and bounds since Week 0. If they played again, I'm sure it would be great.
I'd Love to see HCHS on the list next time!...Go Bears!
Still honestly think JC ahead of knox. Before knox got beat by Bell i might have been able to see them ahead of JC but now that they are both 5-2 and JC beat them and got beat by bell it just doesnt add up i mean Jc got beat by number 1 and 2 in 4a, and you cant say well JC is 5a because if bell and boyle were were in 5a they would easily be 2nd and 3rd.
BelfryPirates Wrote:No knock against PBurg, but Belfry's improved leaps and bounds since Week 0. If they played again, I'm sure it would be great.

As has Prestonsburg. I'm not knocking Belfry either, I respect them very much, but you can't place them ahead of Prestonsburg at this time.
Here is the rational behind Knox ahead of JC. Knox a 4A team playing JC a 5A team. JC was a heavy favorite and barely escaped with a win. Same thing happens in the BCS polls. When favorites dont do what they are supposed to, then they may be ranked below a team whom they beat but didnt live up to expectations to. Knox and JC played a very good game, this leads me to believe Knox may by a very small margin deserve the nod above JC even though they lost. I believe I recall it took OT to win it? Am I correct on this?
Hitters_Count Wrote:Here is the rational behind Knox ahead of JC. Knox a 4A team playing JC a 5A team. JC was a heavy favorite and barely escaped with a win. Same thing happens in the BCS polls. When favorites dont do what they are supposed to, then they may be ranked below a team whom they beat but didnt live up to expectations to. Knox and JC played a very good game, this leads me to believe Knox may by a very small margin deserve the nod above JC even though they lost. I believe I recall it took OT to win it? Am I correct on this?

Regardless of how close the game was JC won. How hard is that to figure out! JC has played a tougher schedule and both have the same record. The Mountian Top 10 does not account for class so the 4A ,5A thing is not valid. How has Knox played better? I have never heard more excuses to be ranked ahead of a team that has beat you! We will see which team makes a deeper run into the playoffs. I guess we will hear the we have to play Bell excuse then too.
My Top 10 would look like this:

1. Bell County
2. Somerset
3. Pulaski Coutny
4. Johnson Central
5. Knox Central
6. Hazard
7.Clay
8. Perry
9. Prestonsburg
10. Belfry
Hitters_Count Wrote:Here is the rational behind Knox ahead of JC. Knox a 4A team playing JC a 5A team. JC was a heavy favorite and barely escaped with a win. Same thing happens in the BCS polls. When favorites dont do what they are supposed to, then they may be ranked below a team whom they beat but didnt live up to expectations to. Knox and JC played a very good game, this leads me to believe Knox may by a very small margin deserve the nod above JC even though they lost. I believe I recall it took OT to win it? Am I correct on this?

:Nodding:
the dark wizard Wrote::Nodding:

IMO JC should be ranked over kC. Head to head JC won. I don't care if it went into 10 overtimes, regardless JC came out the winner. And what does the Class ranking matter here? Whether you're 1A or 6A the issue is, who is the best teams. Class does not matter.
I'm a Bell fan and I'll tell you this, as of now, Boyle is the team to beat in 4A. They won it all last year and unless Bell or whoever else beats them this year they'll stay #1 in Class 4A. Now if Boyle had a poor record, then sure, we could say Bell should be #1 but Boyle's record is unblemished this season. They are #1 in 4A.

So you would put Breathitt ahead of them both? Wink
Quote:Class does not matter.
I beg to differ with this statement. Class size does matter to some degree or why have them. I was just provide a possible reason why Knox was ahead of JC, no need to get your panties all twisted up. I have also noticed that some of the Bell fans on here seem to be just a tad bit irritated that Knox is getting some publicity. Grant it, Bell IS the best 4A team in the mountains and no one is disputing that fact, Knox is doing much better and have yet to reach the level of Bell or Boyle. They have proven, at least in my mind, they are as good or better than JC. For a smaller school to control the game for 3 and half quarters only to lose in OT, that speaks volumes for Knox and their program. WYMT may very well be showing some bias, but KC and JC are 2 teams that are every bit as good as advertised with very little separating them performance wise.
easyM Wrote:IMO JC should be ranked over kC. Head to head JC won. I don't care if it went into 10 overtimes, regardless JC came out the winner. And what does the Class ranking matter here? Whether you're 1A or 6A the issue is, who is the best teams. Class does not matter.
I'm a Bell fan and I'll tell you this, as of now, Boyle is the team to beat in 4A. They won it all last year and unless Bell or whoever else beats them this year they'll stay #1 in Class 4A. Now if Boyle had a poor record, then sure, we could say Bell should be #1 but Boyle's record is unblemished this season. They are #1 in 4A.

My "yes" nod was just answering his question. I never said KC should be above JC. JC beat us on a neutral field. They should be above us, no other way around it, unless we had beat someone that had beat them. Which didnt and wont happen, unless were lucky enough to make it back to log mountain and come out with a win.
Bell Co is #1 in 4A in the BGP's, Cantrells, and so forth. Only one they arent ranked #1 is the AP Poll who also took 8 weeks to rank Collins.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I beg to differ with this statement. Class size does matter to some degree or why have them. I was just provide a possible reason why Knox was ahead of JC, no need to get your panties all twisted up. I have also noticed that some of the Bell fans on here seem to be just a tad bit irritated that Knox is getting some publicity. Grant it, Bell IS the best 4A team in the mountains and no one is disputing that fact, Knox is doing much better and have yet to reach the level of Bell or Boyle. They have proven, at least in my mind, they are as good or better than JC. For a smaller school to control the game for 3 and half quarters only to lose in OT, that speaks volumes for Knox and their program. WYMT may very well be showing some bias, but KC and JC are 2 teams that are every bit as good as advertised with very little separating them performance wise.
I meant why does it matter what class JC or KC is? Bottom line is JC won the game. Pull your panties up and face the facts. I don't care what class they are, if they beat you they deserve to be ranked above you especially when they have basically identical records.... And you notice nothing about Bell. If you had you would have noticed they for the most part pull for KC. Wise up a little before you make these statements. You can see how much pub KC gets if they can win out to get to Log Mtn.
Bottom line is this, if a 6A beats a 1A by just a td they are still better than the 1A team. You don't determine who's the best team based on class instead of head to head.
the dark wizard Wrote:My "yes" nod was just answering his question. I never said KC should be above JC. JC beat us on a neutral field. They should be above us, no other way around it, unless we had beat someone that had beat them. Which didnt and wont happen, unless were lucky enough to make it back to log mountain and come out with a win.

Good post. My only point was, the previous poster felt as if Knox should have been ranked over JC because they played in a smaller class and played very well against JC. I agree with that totally, but head to head JC won so they should be ranked above Knox, especially with comparable records.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I beg to differ with this statement. Class size does matter to some degree or why have them. I was just provide a possible reason why Knox was ahead of JC, no need to get your panties all twisted up. I have also noticed that some of the Bell fans on here seem to be just a tad bit irritated that Knox is getting some publicity. Grant it, Bell IS the best 4A team in the mountains and no one is disputing that fact, Knox is doing much better and have yet to reach the level of Bell or Boyle. They have proven, at least in my mind, they are as good or better than JC. For a smaller school to control the game for 3 and half quarters only to lose in OT, that speaks volumes for Knox and their program. WYMT may very well be showing some bias, but KC and JC are 2 teams that are every bit as good as advertised with very little separating them performance wise.

Please show me where I stated Knox wasn't a very good football team. Nothing of the sort was said or hinted. Knox has an excellent team.
Why is it so hard to understand that JC should be ahead of Knox.
They beat them.
They proved they were better in the simplest way....beat the other team lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Why is it so hard to understand that JC should be ahead of Knox.
They beat them.

I have no idea why Zaga???? Maybe it's too much pride? Who in the heck knows? I just know JC beat them. I don't know who would win if they play again but the fact is, they won't. Some just won't admit it. Good Lord.....
zaga_fan Wrote:Why is it so hard to understand that JC should be ahead of Knox.
They beat them.

... on a neutral field on top of it all
EKUAlum05 Wrote:... on a neutral field on top of it all

:Thumbs:
So would Bell Co had beaten Boyle Co last year on a neutral field? Probably not. If you beat a certain team you win. No if's or but's about it.
My last reply. I am only stating a possible reason why WYMT has them ranked above them. I dont have a dog in the fight, but trying to give a possible alternate reason seems to elude some of you. WYMT's rankings are just for the epeens to be flexed on here anyway. What really matters is 1. does your team make the playoffs. 2. How far do they go. JC will most likely go farther than KC imo, but who knows, stranger things have happened.
Hitters_Count Wrote:My last reply. I am only stating a possible reason why WYMT has them ranked above them. I dont have a dog in the fight, but trying to give a possible alternate reason seems to elude some of you. WYMT's rankings are just for the epeens to be flexed on here anyway. What really matters is 1. does your team make the playoffs. 2. How far do they go. JC will most likely go farther than KC imo, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

I don't want to argue but it seems there's something you're not grasping in all of this. And your reasoning was not an alternative one, you said that Knox was the better team and deserved to be ranked higher. No way can you say that legitimately. And for the Class they play in, that has nothing to do with this situation whatsoever. Main reason being, they played head to head and JC did win regardless of class, when, or where they played. But, to each his own. I wish Knox nothing but the best until they come back to Log Mountain this year which I believe without a doubt they will.....
JC has beaten a ranked Ashland Blazer on the road.
JC has beaten a ranked Knox Central on a neutral field.

Knox Central has beaten a ranked Clay Co on a neutral field.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:My Top 10 would look like this:

1. Bell County
2. Somerset
3. Pulaski Coutny
4. Johnson Central
5. Knox Central
6. Hazard
7.Clay
8. Perry
9. Prestonsburg
10. Belfry

How can you put Hazard above Clay County?! There only loss came to Knox Central by a field goal and Hazard hasn't played a team of Clay's caliber all year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So you would put Breathitt ahead of them both? Wink

Breathitt has lost 4 games, but I understand what you're saying. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co is #1 in 4A in the BGP's, Cantrells, and so forth. Only one they arent ranked #1 is the AP Poll who also took 8 weeks to rank Collins.

Bell is the better team and if boyle wouldnt have won state last year then bell would have all of the votes in the AP poll.But since they did win they are the team to beat in 4a, and will stay number 1 untill someone beats them (which i know bell with beat them in the semi's) and as for collins not being ranked untill week 8, i think they should be in the top 5...IMO
Knox is right where they should be. Clearly, if you look back over the last couple of years at the WYMT poll it does recognize classes. Smaller schools get ranked over schools that would beat them head to head regularly. Why would the same not apply when larger schools do beat smaller schools head to head? It does apply.