Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 - Oct. 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Bell Co.
2. Somerset
3. Pulaski Co.
4. Knox Central
5. Johnson Central
6. Clay County
7. Hazard
8. Prestonsburg
9. Belfry
10. Perry Central
Glad the Dores stayed in!
They deserve to remain in. They led most the game @ (6)Clay but just couldn't finish. There's not to much difference between those two teams. Perry should be right behind them at 7.
Perry should be 8 I think.
Shheeeew....
I thought for sure we would drop out lol
I would still have Johnson Central ahead of Knox.

JC beat Knox and Ashland Blazer both were ranked in 4A and 5A.
Knox's biggest win was against who? Clay Co?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I would still have Johnson Central ahead of Knox.

JC beat Knox and Ashland Blazer both were ranked in 4A and 5A.
Knox's biggest win was against who? Clay Co?

I admit I am a JC fan and I agree. JC did beat Knox on a somewhat neutral field, destroyed Ashland which was ranked higher in the AP poll in 5A. JC has played much better competition this year by far. Knox had a better showing against Bell than JC but this game is their program building most important game of the year. I still say if you beat someone, you are better than they are for that year.

I am impressed with Knox and they are building a powerhouse program and will be hard to handle in years to come, so no slur intended on a quality coach and program.
I think we are all in agreement that JC should be ahead of Knox.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think we are all in agreement that JC should be ahead of Knox.

Maybe they could play on a neutral field to decide.:eyeroll:
Armchair QB Wrote:Maybe they could play on a neutral field to decide.:eyeroll:

They can scrimmage it out if they want.
but JC beat em and I'm giving them the nod
for me i see polls are how the teams are right now... and with that being said i think knox is playing slightly better than jc.
zaga_fan Wrote:They can scrimmage it out if they want.
but JC beat em and I'm giving them the nod

That was my point. JC did win on a neutral field.
Armchair QB Wrote:That was my point. JC did win on a neutral field.

lol
I didn't know they played on a neutral field.
All I know is that this is an issue every week with this poll and I'm tired of it lol
johnnyt Wrote:for me i see polls are how the teams are right now... and with that being said i think knox is playing slightly better than jc.

So you think Knox could beat Ashland on the road as well playing within 1 TD of Boyle Co?
People have to remember Knox did play Bell Co ALOT closer, but Knox played them at home while JC traveled to Log Mountain to play. Also Dudley will never run the score up on Wayne Mills. All the games have never been real real bad.
zaga_fan Wrote:lol
I didn't know they played on a neutral field.
All I know is that this is an issue every week with this poll and I'm tired of it lol

I think there is some love between WYMT and Knox Central football. Confusedhh:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think there is some love between WYMT and Knox Central football. Confusedhh:

Aye now.
Don't hint around at such blasphemy lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Aye now.
Don't hint around at such blasphemy lol

:biggrin:
is there anyone that will beat bell this year? lol or give them a run for thir money? i dont think their is.
SemperFi Wrote:is there anyone that will beat bell this year? lol or give them a run for thir money? i dont think their is.

Only team I think that can will be Boyle Co. That game will be at Log Mountain this year, thank goodness.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:So you think Knox could beat Ashland on the road as well playing within 1 TD of Boyle Co?

never said that, but do you think jc could do it again? remember knox had jc dead to rights for 3 quarters + then jc came back. the better team doesnt always win the game...
i think that knox has improved more over the course of the season than jc.
johnnyt Wrote:never said that, but do you think jc could do it again? remember knox had jc dead to rights for 3 quarters + then jc came back. the better team doesnt always win the game...

JC would win again. I was there, JC wore KC down with Jude running wild all over them. JC had 500+ rushing yards against KC.
johnnyt Wrote:for me i see polls are how the teams are right now... and with that being said i think knox is playing slightly better than jc.

Again I disagree. We destroyed a higher ranked 5A team in Ashland at their place and Knox beat an unranked 4A team in Rockcastle. How is this playing better?

How can you gauge if one team is playing better than another. The one true way is a head up game.
Quote:Only team I think that can will be Boyle Co. That game will be at Log Mountain this year, thank goodness.

i know its a little early but i got bell by 13 in that one
johnnyt Wrote:never said that, but do you think jc could do it again? remember knox had jc dead to rights for 3 quarters + then jc came back. the better team doesnt always win the game...
Have you seen JC play since the Knox Central game? Johnson Central usually plays its best football in the playoffs, which is typical of well coached teams. I am sure that Knox has also improved since they lost to JC, but I would not assume that they have improved any more than JC has.

It has been said several times but Johnson Central beat Knox on a neutral field (although they had a much longer drive to get there) and they played Bell County on Log Mountain. I think Knox won every JC fan's respect with the tough game that they gave the Golden Eagles and with the battle that they put up against Bell County - but when two teams have played each other, the team that has played the toughest schedule and won their head to head match-up should get the narrowest of margin's in a poll.
I don't know if anyone knew this or not...
but JC beat Knox and they are below them in the poll...
I figured I would point that out.
Knox is right where they should be. JC is a great team but they are 5A and a long standing powerhouse and was a heavy favorite in this game. And while it was very nice of Dudley to keep it close for his pal Wayne, some of us on this side of the fence would say that is a full load of hooey. Bell played their guts out to beat us and it took every inch of small intestine to get the 2TD win.

No other team has played Bell as well. And they still have to beat us again to even get to Boyle. Likely will, as after all they are Bell and Dudley took pity on us once (if you believe that I have some moon rocks I'd like to sell you); but they have THAT to do.

To be clear - JC is a great team and Bell is the class of mountain football. But Knox is doing its part. This year will be the best regular season record for Knox in school history unless Madison or Harlan City can pull a major upset.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't know if anyone knew this or not...
but JC beat Knox and they are below them in the poll...
I figured I would point that out.

Don't forget they played on a neutral field.
im pretty sure belfry should be alot higher than they are ??
This is what my Top 10 would look like!

1. Bell Co.
2. Somerset
3. Pulaski Co.
4. Johnson Central
5. Knox Central
6. Clay County
7. Hazard
8. Belfry
9. Perry Central
10. Prestonsburg
Pages: 1 2