Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 55 East Ridge 3
VoR_58 Wrote:LC's offense-- Pretty darn good
LC's defense-- Average

This is a pretty good LC team but they did not impress me at all really, especially on the defensive side of the ball. East Ridge was able to move the ball pretty well in the first half and pick up quite a few first downs. If it werent for some bonehead plays on East Ridges part and not letting them run a kickoff back for a touchdown it very easily could have been 14-3 or 21-3 at the half. And to me, thats a win for ER.

I do not see this LC team going deep in the playoffs but good luck to them. And good luck to the Warriors o the rest of the season. Hopefully they can get 3 or 4 more wins.
ER had 97 total yards with 3 turnovers. I think they rushed for about 80 yards. LC's defense hasn't given up a TD all year lol.
bulldog42 Wrote:ER had 97 total yards with 3 turnovers. I think they rushed for about 80 yards. LC's defense hasn't given up a TD all year lol.

You just cant get people to see the truth even when you support it with stats and facts.
I hope that average Lawrence County defense can continue their trend of keeping opponents out of the endzone.
Congrats to the bulldogs!
StrayBullet Wrote:You just cant get people to see the truth even when you support it with stats and facts.

Well its kind of hard when you have 2 different sources. As I said previously, My sources stated East Ridge had 165 of rushing. I guess its who ever you want to believe.
Real Badman Wrote:Well its kind of hard when you have 2 different sources. As I said previously, My sources stated East Ridge had 165 of rushing. I guess its who ever you want to believe.

I know Bulldog42 is the best source on here when it comes to LC football.
bulldog42 Wrote:ER had 97 total yards with 3 turnovers. I think they rushed for about 80 yards. LC's defense hasn't given up a TD all year lol.

They had 94 total yards.. and most of it came on the one drive in the first half when ER scored the fg... They never got a first down in the 2nd half of the game.. and there is no way they had 165 yards rushing like some ER fan is trying to say... I seen the stats and was told the stats last night. They had 70 something rushing and the rest was through the air to round out to 94 total yards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Real Badman Wrote:Well its kind of hard when you have 2 different sources. As I said previously, My sources stated East Ridge had 165 of rushing. I guess its who ever you want to believe.

Well live in your own fantasy land because there is know way possible they had anything close to 165 yards rushing.. They never even got a first down the 2nd half of the game.. and most of there yardage came on there lone scoring drive. which was just a FG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:They had 94 total yards.. and most of it came on the one drive in the first half when ER scored the fg... They never got a first down in the 2nd half of the game.. and there is no way they had 165 yards rushing like some ER fan is trying to say... I seen the stats and was told the stats last night. They had 70 something rushing and the rest was through the air to round out to 94 total yards.
:Thumbs: Game. Set. Match.
Batpuff Wrote:Well live in your own fantasy land because there is know way possible they had anything close to 165 yards rushing.. They never even got a first down the 2nd half of the game.. and most of there yardage came on there lone scoring drive. which was just a FG.

I guess you guys just do football up in Louisa differently. I guess its below the standard to let a team like East Ridge move the ball on your GOD LIKE defense. Maybe thats why I'm just wrong. Im done with LC fans. I wish you the best, but if your giving up 165 yards on the ground to East Ridge, it might be hard to stop some bigger teams. Dont worry though. I still dont mind...:igiveup:
Real Badman Wrote:I guess you guys just do football up in Louisa differently. I guess its below the standard to let a team like East Ridge move the ball on your GOD LIKE defense. Maybe thats why I'm just wrong. Im done with LC fans. I wish you the best, but if your giving up 165 yards on the ground to East Ridge, it might be hard to stop some bigger teams. Dont worry though. I still dont mind...:igiveup:

Mr Bilichick, you get your feelings hurt to easy.
Real Badman Wrote:I guess you guys just do football up in Louisa differently. I guess its below the standard to let a team like East Ridge move the ball on your GOD LIKE defense. Maybe thats why I'm just wrong. Im done with LC fans. I wish you the best, but if your giving up 165 yards on the ground to East Ridge, it might be hard to stop some bigger teams. Dont worry though. I still dont mind...:igiveup:

Well i guess you dont mind since your blowing up your stats like you all had an all-star performance.. heck Hunter only had 139 for 3 TDs on 11 carries.. We only rushed the ball for 200 plus on the night.. and that was because they just didnt have the touches once again.. I will give ER some credit they did stop Hunter 3 or 4 times and even forced a TO but still couldnt get nothing done with that messed up offense they run. Maybe if they ran a better offense they might win some games..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wow. grats lc
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The Killer B's led the swarm of the JYD's and only allowed 3 points out of a much improved ER offense. I agree the officiating was horrible. Stevie Wonder could have seen the call for a fair catch. And what was up with the sideline warnings. This seemed to be extreme. ER can take pride in being the first team this year to force LC to punt and I believe to tackle an LC runner for loss. I agree the LC offense seemed a little off but the defense was absolutely smothering. On to the ROCK to earn some respect.
However, the punt they forced was on three downs due to the block in the back that also was a loss of down in some freaking way. Heck the officials even forgot to turn the teams around at the end of the 1st qtr until we started to kickoff. They were never in this game, I'm talking about the ref's that is.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Batpuff Wrote:Well i guess you dont mind since your blowing up your stats like you all had an all-star performance.. heck Hunter only had 139 for 3 TDs on 11 carries.. We only rushed the ball for 200 plus on the night.. and that was because they just didnt have the touches once again.. I will give ER some credit they did stop Hunter 3 or 4 times and even forced a TO but still couldnt get nothing done with that messed up offense they run. Maybe if they ran a better offense they might win some games..
Like I said before their offense was so good that LC gave them the ball at our 10 yard line and they gain NOTHING due to the interception.:worthy: I think the 165 yards that some have would be true if you don't take away the times they lost yardage.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:However, the punt they forced was on three downs due to the block in the back that also was a loss of down in some freaking way. Heck the officials even forgot to turn the teams around at the end of the 1st qtr until we started to kickoff. They were never in this game, I'm talking about the ref's that is.
yea the only way it would have been 4th down would have been for grounding.. And if they declined it.. would have been 70 something TD run for Hunter. They were the biggest jokes.. Well one of them was ok and thats it. But still how do you call a fair catch and then get hit in the mouth after you do and the officials just look at you and say you didnt make a correct signal for fair catch.. Trust me we watched it back after the game.. You could tell he waved for the fair catch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was very apparent to everyone in the stands. Like I said above the ref's were never in this game. Another one was the onside kick by LC that LC recovered they let him advance it for about 10 yards without blowing it dead then finally realized he wasn't allowed to advance it and took it back. I don't know if they were that bad or just knew that they really weren't needed for this one.
they were horrible and the one in the back the taller one is a cheat... he Cheated us in middle school when coach first started here.. I know they are sending the tape in on him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real Badman Wrote:Because people like you get on here and dont know what in the world is going on. I know for a fact East Ridge had 165 rushing yards. (I dont know the passing total.) And again, whats up with LC trying to run up the score? It seems to me, LC thinks they are on cloud 9. Which makes me laugh, considering who they have played to far. It's like playing hide n' seek with a blind kid.

Your facts are DEAD wrong. 72 yards on 39 carries. Verified and definite. Long gain rushing of 12 yards. Got 18 pssing yards for a total of 90 yards of offense for the Warriors total.

LC is not on cloud nine at all, they're playing to prepare for the playoffs and glad to have solidly beaten a MUCH improved and very well coached (except for an insane go-for-it on 4th at your own 25) East Ridge team.

I honestly think ER could win several games and hope to see them do so, but I think they ought to diversify to offense a tad.
well it looks like LC beat another lesser opponent by 52 points.....it seems to me LC needs a tougher schedule!!!.....why dont LC play ashland or johnson central???? both of those teams play to a high standard and the ashland LC series was allways a good money maker for both schools...and the rivalry between Ashland and LC was the game of the year.....
Big- D Wrote:well it looks like LC beat another lesser opponent by 52 points.....it seems to me LC needs a tougher schedule!!!.....why dont LC play ashland or johnson central???? both of those teams play to a high standard and the ashland LC series was allways a good money maker for both schools...and the rivalry between Ashland and LC was the game of the year.....

DUH!!!! The schedule was made when we were 0-11!!!!!

Its like beating a dead horse....Go back and read EVERY LC thread! Some idiot who doesnt know what they are talking about questioning why our schedule is weak.
Dawg days! Wrote:DUH!!!! The schedule was made when we were 0-11!!!!!

Its like beating a dead horse....Go back and read EVERY LC thread! Some idiot who doesnt know what they are talking about questioning why our schedule is weak.

Its almost given that someone will jump in a LC threadd and mention the schedule and then show that they really have no idea what they are talking about.
Batpuff Wrote:they were horrible and the one in the back the taller one is a cheat... he Cheated us in middle school when coach first started here.. I know they are sending the tape in on him.

We hope so! Someone could get a serious injury when things like this are allowed. Expect bad officiating when the umpires and referees are the head coach and his assistant for a rival school (jc baseball). If you coach at an area high school you should'nt be calling a game in your district. No matter if it is a different sport. IMO it would be hard to be unbiased in that situation.
Im pretty sure when a player calls for a fair catch he is supposed to wave 1 arm in the air. In this case the kid waved both arms crossways in the air which, if I was a ref, would make me believe that he is just callin for his teamates to get away from the ball. I dont think it was a horrible no call by the refs.
I could have missed the other arm but I only say one arm being waved.
VoR_58 Wrote:Im pretty sure when a player calls for a fair catch he is supposed to wave 1 arm in the air. In this case the kid waved both arms crossways in the air which, if I was a ref, would make me believe that he is just callin for his teamates to get away from the ball. I dont think it was a horrible no call by the refs.

Ummm No! Went back and watched the game and #1 Crum for LC gave the 1 arm fair catch signal with his right arm.
StrayBullet Wrote:Ummm No! Went back and watched the game and #1 Crum for LC gave the 1 arm fair catch signal with his right arm.

I have video of the kid waving his arms calling for a fair catch. I can do you one better than that. When the LC player catches it he takes a knee and still gets hit. All the while the ref is standing 10 yds away looking at the play. Not saying he did it on purpose but if thats the best he can do he may want to rethink about what hes doing.
Dawg days! Wrote:DUH!!!! The schedule was made when we were 0-11!!!!!

theres no need for name calling dawg days but even when 0-11 you should still schedule tougher teams to get better....the turn around LC has made is tremendous and they should be proud of it....i just think they could play well against better teams.....and no i dont normally keep track of LC sports but since they are that good i was just wandering why they dont play other teams that would give them what they might see in the playoffs....its good to be undefeated in the season but the playoffs is what makes the season
Big- D Wrote:theres no need for name calling dawg days but even when 0-11 you should still schedule tougher teams to get better....the turn around LC has made is tremendous and they should be proud of it....i just think they could play well against better teams.....and no i dont normally keep track of LC sports but since they are that good i was just wandering why they dont play other teams that would give them what they might see in the playoffs....its good to be undefeated in the season but the playoffs is what makes the season

Because they were already in contract with the teams that were non district.. And until this schedule we played one of the hardest schedules in the area.. But when you have only won like 4 or 5 games in 6 years you have to water the schedule down so there are games they should win to get the kids confidence up and more kids come out when they see the program is winning. They have changed the schedule for next year with the likes of Russell, Raceland, and P-Burg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Because they were already in contract with the teams that were non district.. And until this schedule we played one of the hardest schedules in the area.. But when you have only won like 4 or 5 games in 6 years you have to water the schedule down so there are games they should win to get the kids confidence up and more kids come out when they see the program is winning. They have changed the schedule for next year with the likes of Russell, Raceland, and P-Burg.

With the way Raceland has been playing lately I wouldnt be against keeping Paintsville or Shelby Valley on the schedule in their place.