Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 13 Harlan County 0 (Scrimmage)
William Muney Wrote:Harlan Co. will struggle on offense all year. They dont have the playmakers needed to beat good defenses. They will play very hard and be soild on defense but they will struggle against quality teams. The one thing they going for them is that it seems their district is down a little. Whiltey is struggling, LCC is will be soft with Whitaker at the helm and PCC will drop down for a year or so. NL may have a chance to win the district.

Again, you are basing this on a 20 minute scrimmage. I guess I just don't see what you are seeing.
I see they are limited at QB and WR. FB is a big physical kid but a step or two slow. The HB run hard but not sure either is a big-play type guy. I see what I see. Been around for a while and know some football. HC will have to play perfect to have a shot at the district and hope for some help like last year from the other teams.

Defense will take them a long way but whether it will be far enough who knows I am just giving you my opinion.
Amped 88 Wrote:Any news on him?

He is supposed to be getting an MRI today (couldn't get one over the weekend of course), but haven't heard anything from his mom yet.
Hope the youngman is ok! Hate to see any youngster get hurt.
William Muney Wrote:I see they are limited at QB and WR. FB is a big physical kid but a step or two slow. The HB run hard but not sure either is a big-play type guy. I see what I see. Been around for a while and know some football. HC will have to play perfect to have a shot at the district and hope for some help like last year from the other teams.

Defense will take them a long way but whether it will be far enough who knows I am just giving you my opinion.

I appreciate the opinion, but how can you judge a QB when he never got to throw a pass. He is better than what you think he is. HC has two good threats at WR but they only called one pass play and it never got off because the DE made a great push upfield. The QB ate the ball after that. Everyone is entitled to believe what he wants. I am not trying to argue, just saying that is hard to judge on a limited amount of information.
Saw both QB's in 7 on 7 and watched them in warm-ups. Don't want to argue neither but I am just giving my opinion.:Thumbs:
So should they start a freshman at QB and WR? This is what people are saying, I guess its where you are from. Its one preseason game, dont throw them under the bus yet.
HC will have a solid team this year. The scrimmage showed what we already knew - Knox has a tough D Line and solid help behind them. HC is huge and will be tough for teams to stop.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:what happened to them bears? LCC is gonna win the district.

Just a scrimmage!!!!!!!!
its one game, they didnt show everything, it will be alright, they have 2 wks to prepare for the 1st game, coach larkey will make changes and it will take time, but in the end HC will be alright.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:He is supposed to be getting an MRI today (couldn't get one over the weekend of course), but haven't heard anything from his mom yet.
Prayers are with this young man. Worst part of this game.
I like how every team that gets beat or looks bad in a scrimmage always plays the "we played it close to the vest" or "we didn't show anything" card. Do you think the other team was running wide open? Pretty much everyone plays it basic in the scrimmages--lots of times that is a true indicator of what you have. When you are in base you are man on man, straight up. Unless you have new coaches most teams run the same offense and defense each season so even if you don't show everything your opponents know what to expect. Sometimes the scrimmages don't mean anything, sometimes they are telling. We heard from the HC faithful how tough the HC offensive/defensive lines were. Supposedly they dominated their camps and were fed , rusty nails, tree bark and raw meat. Shouldn't they have been able to do better than a couple of scoreless series while giving up a couple of touchdowns on defense? I saw the Black Bears a couple of times last season and thought that they looked good in their uniforms but that they weren't as impressive with their technique.
Harlan County's varsity gave up only one touchdown and that was on a fourth down pass.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I like how every team that gets beat or looks bad in a scrimmage always plays the "we played it close to the vest" or "we didn't show anything" card. Do you think the other team was running wide open? Pretty much everyone plays it basic in the scrimmages--lots of times that is a true indicator of what you have. When you are in base you are man on man, straight up. Unless you have new coaches most teams run the same offense and defense each season so even if you don't show everything your opponents know what to expect. Sometimes the scrimmages don't mean anything, sometimes they are telling. We heard from the HC faithful how tough the HC offensive/defensive lines were. Supposedly they dominated their camps and were fed , rusty nails, tree bark and raw meat. Shouldn't they have been able to do better than a couple of scoreless series while giving up a couple of touchdowns on defense? I saw the Black Bears a couple of times last season and thought that they looked good in their uniforms but that they weren't as impressive with their technique.

Hey Norm - Pucker up...:moon:
I wish both teams great luck this season. Knox was, in deed, very impressive up front. They will make alot of noise in 4A this season. HC has the parts to make a good run. Let's all not forget one thing-it's August. Teams find out where their weak points are, where areas of improvement are, and just who their horses are going to be entering the season. It was a 7-0 ball game at the half, Knox. Doesn't much sound like too much of a whipping to me, but nevertheless, if that's something Knox is going to hang on the wall then more power to them. I do, however, disagree with William Muney making comments towards specific players of HC on a public forum. These are kids, take shots at the coaches if you'd like, but leave these 16-17-18 yr olds alone if you don't have something good to say. By the way, are you talking about the 7 on 7 in which HC beat Knox and went on to win?
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:He is supposed to be getting an MRI today (couldn't get one over the weekend of course), but haven't heard anything from his mom yet.

Any news yet?
Amped 88 Wrote:Any news yet?

He did tear his ACL and will have to have surgery. This is such bad news for Tucker. He is such a hard worker and so dedicated. He is at the field house any time the doors are open, required or not, works his butt off during the off-season, would do anything for the team. For this to have happened in a stupid scrimmage that didn't mean anything just adds salt to the already deep wound. I know he is so disappointed, as well as his entire family and my thoughts are with them all.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:He did tear his ACL and will have to have surgery. This is such bad news for Tucker. He is such a hard worker and so dedicated. He is at the field house any time the doors are open, required or not, works his butt off during the off-season, would do anything for the team. For this to have happened in a stupid scrimmage that didn't mean anything just adds salt to the already deep wound. I know he is so disappointed, as well as his entire family and my thoughts are with them all.
I pray he has a full and speedy recovery. No doubt - things like this are the worst part of a great game. HC whole team is a class act.
I hate that for the young man. I wish him a quick and healthy recovery!
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:He did tear his ACL and will have to have surgery. This is such bad news for Tucker. He is such a hard worker and so dedicated. He is at the field house any time the doors are open, required or not, works his butt off during the off-season, would do anything for the team. For this to have happened in a stupid scrimmage that didn't mean anything just adds salt to the already deep wound. I know he is so disappointed, as well as his entire family and my thoughts are with them all.

Hate to hear that thoughts and prayers go out to him.
My heart goes out to #19 Tucker Lewis. He will be sorely missed this year. I'll be willing to say he will work his way back quicker than anyone will imagine. It will be heartwrenching for him to not be out there. He is a 110% work horse and is a great kid, strong as an ox, great teammate,and a highly talented football player. Also, a straight A student and he also is football smart and one you can count on. He lives, loves, and breathes FOOTBALL. I can't imagine what he is feeling. As for William Muney goes, forget him, his comments, and his opinions. I say the Bears change his thoughts and opinions in the weeks to come and thats that. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
William Muney Wrote:I see they are limited at QB and WR. FB is a big physical kid but a step or two slow. The HB run hard but not sure either is a big-play type guy. I see what I see. Been around for a while and know some football. HC will have to play perfect to have a shot at the district and hope for some help like last year from the other teams.

The truthis Muney, you don't know anything about football. Anybody can be a couch coach.
Amped 88 Wrote:Any news on him?

Appears to be a ruptured ACL!
HAT51 Wrote:The truthis Muney, you don't know anything about football. Anybody can be a couch coach.

Please Hat put this in English? I don't really understand what you are saying?

I would like to see all the Mountain teams do well. But I am telling my opinion that I think HC will be in for a rough year. Very little offense and they give up the big play on defense, very bad combination.

Anyway good luck to the Black Bears and their fans. If you all prove me wrong I will admit it but I don't see it happening.
William Muney Wrote:Please Hat put this in English? I don't really understand what you are saying?

I would like to see all the Mountain teams do well. But I am telling my opinion that I think HC will be in for a rough year. Very little offense and they give up the big play on defense, very bad combination.

Anyway good luck to the Black Bears and their fans. If you all prove me wrong I will admit it but I don't see it happening.

Why are you still trying to compare teams in a Gridorama for? No team showed what they really have for this season.

You even tried and compare Bell Co as being slow this year when all their speed players from last year are back. KC fans really went all out for this scrimmage I suppose from the reactions of their fans.
William Muney Wrote:Please Hat put this in English? I don't really understand what you are saying?

What big play did they give up? There was one big pass play across the middle where the coverage was not that bad. There were two missed tackles on the play (that happens in early games). There was another pass for about 20 yards where Canady made a circus catch diving about 3 yards to catch it (that doesn't happen every day).
I see Coach Larkey is up to his old tricks and running very few plays so the other team dont get a good look. We always ran 3 or 4 plays and that was it. We worried more about blocking and tackling than winning a scrimmage because they dont count.
Harlan County has been preparing for their first game since the first day practice started. The Grid is nothing more than a glorified practice. HC fans shouldn't get too tore up over the opinion of the poster "William Muney". This is the same genius who told us that Coach Larkey was leaving for North Laurel this season. The Black Bears are fine. Two more weeks until the season begins. Keep working hard Bears!
Exactly Mama practice it's just practice! Plus I believe DOMINATE teams win by more then 2 points, reading some of these posts you would think Knox won the super bowl 50-0! Some called us dead meat after the SW game to start the season last year and things turned out.
Harlan Co will be just fine. They have one of the best coaches in the Mountains in Larkey.