Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 13 Harlan County 0 (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What was the score of this game?
Varsity ended with Knox 7 HC 0. Knox defense looked great. Their DLine showed up big. Codi Diamond stuffed a trap early for a nice play; Jake Asher had a fine solo sack; Tyler Grubb had a big tackle behind the line of scrimmage; and Tyler Gilliam is always tough.

Barger connected to Canady on some very nice toss and catches. Get used to hearing that the next couple of years. He hit other recievers and showed off a couple of good freshmen runners at times.

Overall - great way to get the season started for a team that has tremendous potential.
Football1 Wrote:Varsity ended with Knox 7 HC 0. Knox defense looked great. Their DLine showed up big. Codi Diamond stuffed a trap early for a nice play; Jake Asher had a fine solo sack; Tyler Grubb had a big tackle behind the line of scrimmage; and Tyler Gilliam is always tough.

Barger connected to Canady on some very nice toss and catches. Get used to hearing that the next couple of years. He hit other recievers and showed off a couple of good freshmen runners at times.

Overall - great way to get the season started for a team that has tremendous potential.

Thanks for the update. Do you guys play in the regular season this year?
Knox very impressive and lead 7 to 0 at Half and JV played the rest of the game. Knox is big and physical. Play very hard and Jeffery Canady maybe 1 of the better players around.
wow, was hearing that harlan would be hard to handle this year..
Jeffery Canady had 120 yrds on four catches in the 1st half he is going to be
hard to stop this year .
Expected more out of my black bears, but I guess we are just slow starters. Hats off to KC's passing game looks hard to stop! I expected a lot more offense, I guess the coaches not wanting to show much and a wet field slowed everyone down. We were all picking high 20's and got 13! I hate to lose but it was a football game. Hate Tucker Lewis got hurt but we hear it could be serious but it could be strained. No swelling and it only hurts when he straightens it out. Go Bears!!!
The correct score was 15-13.HC defense looked really good stopping any rush attempt. Canady was making some great catches and KC has a great d line. HC only ran 9 offensive plays, so be patient on the scoring, I'm sure they will produce.
3wishes Wrote:The correct score was 15-13.HC defense looked really good stopping any rush attempt. Canady was making some great catches and KC has a great d line. HC only ran 9 offensive plays, so be patient on the scoring, I'm sure they will produce.

Thanks for the correct score.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thanks for the update. Do you guys play in the regular season this year?
We do not play in regular season. We play Harlan City last game of the year but not Harlan County.
Football1 Wrote:We do not play in regular season. We play Harlan City last game of the year but not Harlan County.

Thanks. WOW you guys will kill Harlan City. :igiveup:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thanks. WOW you guys will kill Harlan City. :igiveup:
It wasn't too competitive last year. Would be better if we played HC. Never want to assume anything but if it works out that we can end the season on a less challenging task it might put better rested for game one of the Playoffs. But that is a LONG way off and might not even matter if we don't show up and play.
knox didnt look as impressive as i thought their big but
hc was small and quicker than they were was surprised on how unimpressive they were
#54,52 are both beasts and the gilliam kid is good but imo offense is
a one man show

i have one question where is the turpin kid?
Big suprise, I heard that KNox football was on the rise.
I am not sure how anyone with any football sense could not see Knox as impressive. They dominated a 5A team with nearly everything back?

Bailey and Turpin did not play in the backfield b/c of nagging injuries.
3wishes Wrote:The correct score was 15-13.HC defense looked really good stopping any rush attempt. Canady was making some great catches and KC has a great d line. HC only ran 9 offensive plays, so be patient on the scoring, I'm sure they will produce.

remember kc started a fresh, and unexperienced soph in the backfield. The starting fb and rb were out with mild injuries.
please dont question my sense i played there and i have been around football a long time i was there they did not dominate anybody
dont get me wrong im not bashing anybody from all the things i was hearing expected a whole lot more knox did not dominate
qb was in a hurry all nite long their offensive line is big and a little slow
d line is big but as big as they were they looked slow look it is just my opinion so dont get upset
just like i said went down there expecting to see a whole lot more
Knox defense did dominate I dont remember the varsity Black Bears getting across mid field.
Football Fool Wrote:Knox defense did dominate I dont remember the varsity Black Bears getting across mid field.

HC ran 9 plays. They started on the 30 yard line and punted twice. Not much of a chance to do much.

Knox will be a fine team this year, I was also impressed with them but at the same time I was not disappointed with HC, they are pretty big and really quick. Just had 9 plays to run 3 different plays.

HC dominated KC on defense as well, if not for Canady they wouldn't have had 10 yards either. Give teams a chance to scout and prepare and things would be different, it doesn't take anything away from KC because I felt for 30 minutes they did look really good.

HC underclassmen was much better than expected and did almost anything they wanted.
I think Harlan county will still be hard to handle..theyve got some good atheletes..but I really believe that Knox Central is going to have a great season!!
I dont want to jinx em..but ive just got a good feeling about this team and there
great work ethic..hard hitting has always been there even in there down years.
But dont think less of harlan county there still a solid team.
what happened to them bears? LCC is gonna win the district.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:what happened to them bears? LCC is gonna win the district.

I don't think the district was decided at the grid
Everyone is going crazy over a 20 minute scrimmage. This is completely insane. No one got Dominated. Domination is scoring at will. That did not happen. It would not have mattered who ran the ball, the defense was all over them. Knox is very good up front defensively. There are many different things HC could have tried to move the ball, but WHY? Pulaski's coach was sitting right there. Who cares about a scrimmage? The Canady kid made one great catch and broke a couple of tackles on one catch. He can play. Other than that Knox did not have much offense either. I am sure if it had been a real game after the first time Knox ran those double slants HC would have gone to a different coverage vs. the trips but again WHY do that with Hines right there when they play them for real in two weeks. This stuff on here amazes me sometimes.
3wishes Wrote:HC ran 9 plays. They started on the 30 yard line and punted twice. Not much of a chance to do much.

Knox will be a fine team this year, I was also impressed with them but at the same time I was not disappointed with HC, they are pretty big and really quick. Just had 9 plays to run 3 different plays.

HC dominated KC on defense as well, if not for Canady they wouldn't have had 10 yards either. Give teams a chance to scout and prepare and things would be different, it doesn't take anything away from KC because I felt for 30 minutes they did look really good.

HC underclassmen was much better than expected and did almost anything they wanted.

Why bother having a scrimmage if you're only going to run 2 series on offense?
Yogibear Wrote:Everyone is going crazy over a 20 minute scrimmage. This is completely insane. No one got Dominated. Domination is scoring at will. That did not happen. It would not have mattered who ran the ball, the defense was all over them. Knox is very good up front defensively. There are many different things HC could have tried to move the ball, but WHY? Pulaski's coach was sitting right there. Who cares about a scrimmage? The Canady kid made one great catch and broke a couple of tackles on one catch. He can play. Other than that Knox did not have much offense either. I am sure if it had been a real game after the first time Knox ran those double slants HC would have gone to a different coverage vs. the trips but again WHY do that with Hines right there when they play them for real in two weeks. This stuff on here amazes me sometimes.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Norm Peterson Wrote:Why bother having a scrimmage if you're only going to run 2 series on offense?

Excellent, excellent point. That is why the SEKC needs to find a new way to stay afloat or just disband because no one takes this thing seriously and it is a complete and total waste of one of the teams' two scrimmages.
Yogibear Wrote:Excellent, excellent point. That is why the SEKC needs to find a new way to stay afloat or just disband because no one takes this thing seriously and it is a complete and total waste of one of the teams' two scrimmages.
I agree. It was not much of a look for coaches, players, or fans.
First and foremost my family is praying for the quick recovery of Tucker Lewis of HC, anytime you see a young player go down to an injury, your heart goes out to them, but when it is a young man like Tucker it makes me question the good lord above as to why. This man-child is what every coach dreams of when you start a season, a tireless worker on the field and in the weightroom, a good student, and most of all he is a wonderful person. As a father of a middle school player I can only wish that my son turns out to be the type of person that #19 seems to be, so from down on tanyard we hope and pray that the MRI is negative and you can get back on the field ASAP.
Harlan Co. will struggle on offense all year. They dont have the playmakers needed to beat good defenses. They will play very hard and be soild on defense but they will struggle against quality teams. The one thing they going for them is that it seems their district is down a little. Whiltey is struggling, LCC is will be soft with Whitaker at the helm and PCC will drop down for a year or so. NL may have a chance to win the district.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:First and foremost my family is praying for the quick recovery of Tucker Lewis of HC, anytime you see a young player go down to an injury, your heart goes out to them, but when it is a young man like Tucker it makes me question the good lord above as to why. This man-child is what every coach dreams of when you start a season, a tireless worker on the field and in the weightroom, a good student, and most of all he is a wonderful person. As a father of a middle school player I can only wish that my son turns out to be the type of person that #19 seems to be, so from down on tanyard we hope and pray that the MRI is negative and you can get back on the field ASAP.

Any news on him?
Pages: 1 2 3