•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
(08-20-2024, 03:29 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: Did slone transfer from kcc to hazard?? Hearing that along with maybe 1-2 more either transferred or not playing for the patriots.

Knott Central’s pg Slone ? I’m going to say there’s no way. I don’t think Slone could start at Hazard. I think Hazard is about unbeatable as it is. I don’t think Slone would help them one bit.
(08-21-2024, 04:50 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 03:29 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: Did slone transfer from kcc to hazard?? Hearing that along with maybe 1-2 more either transferred or not playing for the patriots.

Knott Central’s pg Slone ? I’m going to say there’s no way. I don’t think Slone could start at Hazard. I think Hazard is about unbeatable as it is. I don’t think Slone would help them one bit.
Heard he and another starter or two simply quit. Could start playing again but I don’t know the circumstances of the issue.
Jarred Napier, a freshman guard who played at Breathitt County last season, has transferred to Owsley County.
(08-22-2024, 04:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Jarred Napier, a freshman guard who played at Breathitt County last season, has transferred to Owsley County.
Went to Lee and now Owsley?
Young man from Lee Co. transferred to Estill Co.  Not sure his name but I think he is a senior.
(08-23-2024, 09:16 AM)PREZCAT Wrote: Young man from Lee Co. transferred to Estill Co.  Not sure his name but I think he is a senior.
I heard it was Preston Angel, a senior. He missed most of last season with an injury.
Hearing Canaan Gross is leaving breathitt for Owsley county.
No he’s not. Even Tyson Gross knows he wants to stay with his friends at breathitt and said he’s not coming there.
(08-22-2024, 07:47 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 04:57 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Jarred Napier, a freshman guard who played at Breathitt County last season, has transferred to Owsley County.
Went to Lee and now Owsley?

Yes.
Is there a date when you can no longer transfer? When people say the transfer portal is about closed, guess I am just curious when is it exactly closed? Can you transfer after school has started?
(08-31-2024, 12:51 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote: Is there a date when you can no longer transfer? When people say the transfer portal is about closed, guess I am just curious when is it exactly closed? Can you transfer after school has started?
You can transfer anytime and I guess the same rules for eligibility apply. But most transfers take place before the start if the school year which makes for a fresh start. The transfer portal is just a college term sort of adopted by folks but not subject to the same rules.
The KHSAA used to try to enforce the transfer rules….rules that are suggested, voted on and passed by member schools—- who then sign a contract that they will abide by all decisions. But they have just about given up after years of ruling players ineligible only to be overpowered by local judges and Court Orders. Nowadays if the school that the player is leaving signs off on the transfer the KHSAA generally stamps it with an OK. The KHSAA doesn’t have the workforce to investigate every transfer in the state and they have to count on the cooperation of the member schools. Overall I think they do a pretty good job.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)