Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
Anybody heard anything about any kids transferring in the 14th?
From Perry. Kilburn went to Leslie and hearing Beverly to hazard possibly
(04-20-2024, 05:53 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Anybody heard anything about any kids transferring in the 14th?
Heard Beverly may be headed to Shelby valley. Not much else going on in the 14th right now doesnt seem like.

(04-23-2024, 05:25 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: From Perry.  Kilburn went to Leslie and hearing Beverly to hazard possibly
Perry had a kilburn kid that played basketball last season?
(04-24-2024, 08:10 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 05:53 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Anybody heard anything about any kids transferring in the 14th?
Heard Beverly may be headed to Shelby valley. Not much else going on in the 14th right now doesnt seem like.

(04-23-2024, 05:25 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: From Perry.  Kilburn went to Leslie and hearing Beverly to hazard possibly
He didn't play basketball at pcc supposed to play for leslie this year I guess.

I talked to someone at Leslie who said they are getting a football player really decent I guess from Perry that is going to post basketball. They say he’s good at both but football was his first sport so my understanding was hr would be playing basketball at Leslie and has for a private school in hazard before. I just looked it up and there is a kilburn football player at Perry. So that may be him.
(04-24-2024, 12:17 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote:

I talked to someone at Leslie who said they are getting a football player really decent I guess from Perry that is going to post basketball. They say he’s good at both but football was his first sport so my understanding was hr would be playing basketball at Leslie and has for a private school in hazard before. I just looked it up and there is a kilburn football player at Perry. So that may be him.
Kilburn played football at pcc an he was here at hazard an left here to go to pcc now he has left pcc to go to leslie far as I know he never played any basketball for hazard or pcc but did play park league an is supposed to be playing summer league for leslie from what I've heard!
I take your word over my memory on this one. Maybe it was that his brother played basketball somewhere ? Who knows. I was thrown a ton of info at once. Wonder why the kid keeps switching schools. Guess it’s what they do these days.
I think it's his dad trying to relive his glory days through the kid in my opinion!
(04-24-2024, 10:19 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think it's his dad trying to relive his glory days through the kid in my opinion!
Who is his dad? Did he play football or basketball?
I think his dad played both sports his name is brex the boy is talented on the field it just seems like from Facebook posts his dad is never happy with noahs coach's he has made posts all upset about not getting to be on the side lines an coaching staff an how he has trained noah just seems like he wants some prize for the kids accomplishments an when he isn't rewarded it's time to move to another school could be wrong just going off social media! I wish him nothing but the best an hope he has a good year at leslie!
Sometimes it’s best for these dads to stay home on game nights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
Heard this morning we may be getting a brother sister combo at hazard from Owsley County I've not saw much from the boy but if he's as good as his sister he will make a fine addition to the bulldogs!
(04-29-2024, 03:58 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Heard this morning we may be getting a brother sister combo at hazard from Owsley County I've not saw much from the boy but if he's as good as his sister he will make a fine addition to the bulldogs!
That would be huge if it's who I think it is, and yes he is as good.
Why are people so afraid to post names on here with these rumors?
(04-29-2024, 04:47 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Why are people so afraid to post names on here with these rumors?

Because they have no idea what they're talking about 99% of the time lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • -STAT-
Addison an Andrew Terry heard they were looking for a change an that Hazard was making neil some offers to be assistant coach if he would bring them just old men swap tales at local watering hole so maybe truth maybe rumor

I will say this my ol buddy that was saying all this seems to know a lot of stuff an he has said some stuff before that has been true he told me Collins was going to breathitt way before I heard it from anyone else but like I said it could all just be rumors an not a bit of truth just saying what I heard an if it is true I'd love to see both kids at hazard!
(04-29-2024, 04:47 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Why are people so afraid to post names on here with these rumors 

I’ll give you a clue. Unless there is another combo I’m missing, their dad is the boys coach. A decent one in my opinion but hard to get guys there. Just find it hard to believe unless he’s stepping down or fired that he gives up that control.

(04-29-2024, 06:14 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Addison an Andrew Terry heard they were looking for a change an that Hazard was making neil some offers to be assistant coach if he would bring them just old men swap tales at local watering hole so maybe truth maybe rumor

I will say this my ol buddy that was saying all this seems to know a lot of stuff an he has said some stuff before that has been true he told me Collins was going to breathitt way before I heard it from anyone else but like I said it could all just be rumors an not a bit of truth just saying what I heard an if it is true I'd love to see both kids at hazard!

Owsley girls just had a phenomenal season, didn’t they? Getting old here so I start questioning my memory. Isn’t the girl going to be a senior. I could see the move for Andrew not sure about Addison. But what could they offer Neil Terry to get him to step down from coaching? They aren’t afraid to switch schools. But I’ve heard two different places were getting Andrew since season ended. He’s huge! Hazard needs some height so not a crazy thought.
Supposedly Neil was offered either a coaching or assistant coaching job now I'm sure if it was a head coach it's not for the boys an I'm assuming if the girls coach was fired or quit it would be out in the open an I was questioning Addison leaving after the year they had buy Andrew is just a freshman an his height would be a huge benefit at hazard an I think they know Owsley isn't going to have the players hazard does an Andrew I'm sure wants a chance to play at rupp
Heard Corey Flinchum might be playing for Montgomery County next year. Big addition for Mays if true
I hate to see him leave the 14th would much rather welcome him in at hazard but I don't think that will be an option from what I've been told! but if he wants to compete for a state title his best bet is to find another school I don't see wolfe being able to ever compete for a regional title bulldogs commodores an the young pirates of powell Co is going to be tough on the wolves they got flinchum an creech who are dedicated to basketball the rest I think play for something to do you never really see them in the gym working like you do the other two! I've watched flinchum play a lot of ball an will continue to watch him regardless of where he goes he has a very bright future ahead of him!
(05-02-2024, 02:30 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Heard Corey Flinchum might be playing for Montgomery County next year. Big addition for Mays if true
I just don't seeing him leaving WC. He has played on the AAU circuit with 2 WC players. He has known them for years. I could be wrong, but I'd bet the farm He isn't going anywhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeraldDaLoved's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(05-02-2024, 04:11 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 02:30 PM)Parkway_Paul Wrote: Heard Corey Flinchum might be playing for Montgomery County next year. Big addition for Mays if true
I just don't seeing him leaving WC. He has played on the AAU circuit with 2 WC players. He has known them for years. I could be wrong, but I'd bet the farm He isn't going anywhere.
He certainly made a big impact on the wolves team this past year their win loss ratio wouldn't be near what it was without him took him a bit to come around with a new team so I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed at wolfe either. But every kid dreams of playing for state an you gotta have a solid 5 to get to state tournament an wolfe has a solid 2 not trying to beat a dead horse cause the other players are magnificent baseball players they just don't seem very dedicated to basketball so if an opportunity to play for Montgomery was on the table you couldn't really blame the kid for going where he has a better shot at playing in a state tournament
(05-01-2024, 02:15 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Supposedly Neil was offered either a coaching or assistant coaching job now I'm sure if it was a head coach it's not for the boys an I'm assuming if the girls coach was fired or quit it would be out in the open an I was questioning Addison leaving after the year they had buy Andrew is just a freshman an his height would be a huge benefit at hazard an I think they know Owsley isn't going to have the players hazard does an Andrew I'm sure wants a chance to play at rupp
Addison will be a junior this season and will be the leader on a pretty good Lady Owls team that also has sophomore 6’2 Macey Brown returning at center and 6’ sophomore Kamilla Marcum moving into the starting lineup along with super-sub sophomore Kenzie Grubb (46 treys last year) and the coaches’ daughter freshman Delaney Smith. From what I have heard from Addie’s friends is she’s looking forward to summer play and helping Owsley get back to Rupp next season. 
The family has lived in Owsley their entire lives, as have both paternal and maternal grandparents. I think they’ll be at Owsley wearing maroon and white when the season starts next fall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse

You may not know this answer but asking in general. why didn’t he go from breathitt to Wolfe? He played AAU with them then too, right? I think he was supposed to go to Wolfe but they have never been a fan of the coach. Not many are anymore I guess so nothing new here. 

He went to jackson city who he had 0 AAU teammates as far as I know. Then from there last summer, he goes to Powell not Wolfe.  Why not go with his AAU teammates then?  Think they were planning somewhere from Powell that I couldn’t tell you where but then end up back at jackson city before school started. He started this yr at jackson. Again not at Wolfe. Wolfe is probably the closest school to him from what I’ve been told but he went everywhere but where his AAU teammates have been.

Wolfe has been the obvious choice but he went everywhere but there. So it begs the question, how did they ultimately get him there? And was it enough to keep him.
Where will Rydge Beverly be going? He stays in the 14th Region, things could get interesting. I may actually start going to some games.
(05-03-2024, 07:01 AM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote:

You may not know this answer but asking in general. why didn’t he go from breathitt to Wolfe? He played AAU with them then too, right? I think he was supposed to go to Wolfe but they have never been a fan of the coach. Not many are anymore I guess so nothing new here. 

He went to jackson city who he had 0 AAU teammates as far as I know. Then from there last summer, he goes to Powell not Wolfe.  Why not go with his AAU teammates then?  Think they were planning somewhere from Powell that I couldn’t tell you where but then end up back at jackson city before school started. He started this yr at jackson. Again not at Wolfe. Wolfe is probably the closest school to him from what I’ve been told but he went everywhere but where his AAU teammates have been.

Wolfe has been the obvious choice but he went everywhere but there. So it begs the question, how did they ultimately get him there? And was it enough to keep him.
From what I know the Jackson city move was first because Sean noble was going to be coach an then Wayne Morris who coached flinchum in middle school then the switch was made to powell an he played with them over the summer an not real sure what happened I know the parents seem to have a lot of pull in Powell when it comes to who plays an even who gets hired as a coach. I think the hesitancy for Wolfe was the coach but from the outside looking in flinchum seemed to do well under coach Creech but I've heard stuff over the years about how Robert Creech treats his players behind the scenes an he seems to show zero interest in basketball during the summer which is why I can only assume flinchums dad has been coaching the Wolfe county team in knott co other then the baseball players. 

RYDGE BEVERLY  coming to hazard would be huge if that's the direction he is leaning in kid can handle the ball an control the tempo of the game which is something we need more of at hazard!

@Jet fighter is kilburn playing with leslie in summer aau I've heard they been playing in knott co but nobody I've talked to has seen him there was looking forward to seeing if he was worth all the hype you created

I'm not sure the answer on that. But I do know that Sean Noble is helping at Wolfe now. Noble was at Jackson when Flinchum was there, and was his middle school coach. Who knows what exactly is going on at Wolfe Co. There is a 6'9" kid there that was a starter that played there and has quit multiple times and didn't play last year. Maybe there is more going on there than people know about.
(05-03-2024, 10:29 AM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:

I'm not sure the answer on that. But I do know that Sean Noble is helping at Wolfe now. Noble was at Jackson when Flinchum was there, and was his middle school coach. Who knows what exactly is going on at Wolfe Co. There is a 6'9" kid there that was a starter that played there and has quit multiple times and didn't play last year. Maybe there is more going on there than people know about.
I agree the big kid was Ritchie his grandpa an the coach hated each other an a lot of it carried over to how the boy was treated is what I've heard from the posts on Facebook an I've heard for years from different people an past players that there is a lot said an done by the coach behind the scenes I'm old school so a coach cussing an yelling isn't an issue to me but when you get kids in a locker room an tell them they are worthless an break them down but never do anything to build them back up it's a problem an this is all just what I've heard through the years from different people who have had kids play under him an I've heard he has grabbed a few physically not sure if that's all true if it is I'm not sure how he has kept a job except he's a Creech an that wolfe hierarchy is still a big thing!
I bet Creech wouldn’t talk to Harold Brashear that way. Got his shot at Perry this year and backed down from Brashear I heard.
(05-03-2024, 12:24 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I bet Creech wouldn’t talk to Harold Brashear that way.  Got his shot at Perry this year and backed down from Brashear I heard.
lol at Harold Breshear. good one 

Flinchum didn’t come to Breathitt because he wants 30 shots a game I guess. Why anyone would transfer to Wolfe County is beyond me