•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2014
Playfast Wrote:It is very difficult for Williamsburg to schedule games in general. I hate the the four team district's this only guarantees a team 3 games. I do not think Williamsburg needs to apologize for their schedule at all. The schedule should be designed to help a team have playoff sucess, and I thought Williamsburg schedule was balanced and helped them improve throughout the year.

:truestory: i just like 10 game schedule playfast 9 ok with me i have no say...GO WILLIAMSBURG Confusedmoke:
Especially On the eastern side of the state, in the next 20 years, if they ate still standing as independent schools, Pikeville, Wburg, Raceland, Hazard, Paintsville and Fairview(the traditional good teams in the east), will have to play eachother in the reg season, if they want to fill a schedule. Hell, I will go as far to say that if we keep the same system and CO schools continue to consolidate, the small independent/public schools may be sqrewed as far as district travel is concerned.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Especially On the eastern side of the state, in the next 20 years, if they ate still standing as independent schools, Pikeville, Wburg, Raceland, Hazard, Paintsville and Fairview(the traditional good teams in the east), will have to play eachother in the reg season, if they want to fill a schedule. Hell, I will go as far to say that if we keep the same system and CO schools continue to consolidate, the small independent/public schools may be sqrewed as far as district travel is concerned.

Distance does play a factor. I would love to see more neutral field showcase games. I would like to see Hazard and Pikeville host some single A showcase bowl games. They both have turf fields and are sort of centrally located.
^^Id love to see something like "The Little Beasts of the East" bowl and see a rotation of Hazard, Pikeville, Raceland, Fairview, and Williamsburg. Raceland and Fairview would need to avoid playing eachother do to district and post season meeting already happening. Hold it at Pikeville each year and do one game on Friday night, one saturday afternoon, and one saturday evening. It'll never happen, but its neat to think about.
Great idea!
Play all 3 games in one day. It would make for a great atmosphere.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^Id love to see something like "The Little Beasts of the East" bowl and see a rotation of Hazard, Pikeville, Raceland, Fairview, and Williamsburg. Raceland and Fairview would need to avoid playing eachother do to district and post season meeting already happening. Hold it at Pikeville each year and do one game on Friday night, one saturday afternoon, and one saturday evening. It'll never happen, but its neat to think about.

Thats the thing about scheduling people don't understand. This idea sounds wonderful, even swith to Hazard every other year BUT do you think Williamsburg, Raceland, Fairview will want to open their season every year making those trips. It could be a great 2 year deal for all but that would be about it. Even at a 2 year deal those 5 schools have to work it out then you have to find another school to make the 6th team.
I beg to differ..Chris Helton has a shot to play at lower D1
footballfever Wrote:Thats the thing about scheduling people don't understand. This idea sounds wonderful, even swith to Hazard every other year BUT do you think Williamsburg, Raceland, Fairview will want to open their season every year making those trips. It could be a great 2 year deal for all but that would be about it. Even at a 2 year deal those 5 schools have to work it out then you have to find another school to make the 6th team.

Think you take the next top east team in Single A. Which is probably Paintsville. Or if u wanted to do 1A and 2A you could use prestonsburg
footballfever Wrote:Thats the thing about scheduling people don't understand. This idea sounds wonderful, even swith to Hazard every other year BUT do you think Williamsburg, Raceland, Fairview will want to open their season every year making those trips. It could be a great 2 year deal for all but that would be about it. Even at a 2 year deal those 5 schools have to work it out then you have to find another school to make the 6th team.

All this sounds great, and could benefit all the teams involved. I would love to see an event like this take off.
Imo, I think that if enough people brought it to their respective programs attention THIS. Season, that its a possibility of getting atleast a few of the matchups on the table. Raceland will complete a 2 year contract with Boyd, Ironton, and Coal Grove if I am not mistaken. And I dont think Maynard is very interested in doing another 2 years with Coal Grove.
I notice Skyler Griffith still isn't playing basketball anybody has any information on his injury....:HitWall:
I was told the bone had not healed yet, it will be evaluated soon and if not healed he will have surgery...So it's possible he misses spring ball...
Anyone know if williamsburg has pick-up any other game.:thanks:
Heard they are looking to play someone in Northern Kentucky.
E's Army Wrote:Heard they are looking to play someone in Northern Kentucky.

NOT FOR SURE but NEWPORT
64SUR Wrote:Anyone know if williamsburg has pick-up any other game.:thanks:

Whitley has a couple of open dates....give them a call....we called but no answer....I thought you said you wanted it...

:thanks::Shaking::popcorn::1::notworthy:lmao::redboxer::truestory::haters::yes::beg:TongueoliceLig:police::wenumber1:rules::letsparty:kneel:Confusedalute::runtouchd:cop:

Confusederved:
Newport Has been added on.
Newport HS or NCC?
Newport HS.. Good pickup.. They will have a lot of speed and will be athletic. It’s a big time atmosphere. Long bus drive. Everything that this team needs to defeat before the playoffs begin..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley has a couple of open dates....give them a call....we called but no answer....I thought you said you wanted it...

:thanks::Shaking::popcorn::1::notworthy:lmao::redboxer::truestory::haters::yes::beg:TongueoliceLig:police::wenumber1:rules::letsparty:kneel:Confusedalute::runtouchd:cop:

Confusederved:

Everybody would be saying it would be a step down if we play whitley now Gut go and crawl back in your hole :Hole::Hole::Hole: was no call from whitley co and everbody knows it except you, Join us your membership fee to be a member of the sideline fence is $4000.00 :biglmao:
^^^agreed. NHS usually doesnt have the size to compete with NCC, but this year may be their year. Like u said, lots of speed and skill. But thisyear theyhave the size to go along with it. Good pick up for the Jackets.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley has a couple of open dates....give them a call....we called but no answer....I thought you said you wanted it...

Confusederved:

:lmao:Confusednicker::truestory:
HardToBeat Wrote:Newport HS.. Good pickup.. They will have a lot of speed and will be athletic. It’s a big time atmosphere. Long bus drive. Everything that this team needs to defeat before the playoffs begin..

Newport is weak. play NCC Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Newport is weak. play NCC Smile

Jellico looking good for Whitley county right now pjdoug. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Everybody would be saying it would be a step down if we play whitley now Gut go and crawl back in your hole :Hole::Hole::Hole: was no call from whitley co and everbody knows it except you, Join us your membership fee to be a member of the sideline fence is $4000.00 :biglmao:

you know Whitley called Confusederved:Confusednicker:
All jokes aside, Wburg should really try to schedule a tough 2A opponent. Not someone at the top of 3A like they did with Wayne, albeit I don't think anyone expected Wayne to be that good when the contract was signed, but still.

If Wburg wants to travel and go far away, scheduling a NCC or Danville could be good for them. If they want to stay close to home, Somerset or Mboro would do just fine. I think Wburg needs a couple of really tough opponents during the year like Herron has been doing. You couldn't ask for much better than what hes done scheduling wise. Most teams wont step down to 1A and risk the embarrassment of a possible loss, but hes scheduled tough games close to home against much larger schools.
ol' ballcoach Wrote:I beg to differ..Chris Helton has a shot to play at lower D1

Chris Helyon has a good shot at playing in the SEC.
What Williamsburg doesn't need is to take advice from a person who has never played and never coached hates us, not a fan, that would be like taking advice from a radio man..
topnotch Wrote:What Williamsburg doesn't need is to take advice from a person who has never played and never coached hates us, not a fan, that would be like taking advice from a radio man..

and they sure don't need to give any advice either.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next