•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2010
Paul Crewe Wrote:You need to go back and read some more. We will see you the first game of the year in London. Work Hard!!!!

That is one non district game. Why not schedule Johnson Central? One of the bigger Virginia or even Tennessee schools relatively close. Rowan County is a 4A team quickly turning things around why not schedule them? All I am saying is that I think that these games would all be fun to watch and would do no harm to your football team to play them. Out of district games should be a time to challenge yourself and in that way make your team better. I think that not playing tougher out of district competition is a big reason why LCC has struggled as they get into the later rounds of the playoffs.
Paul maybe you should bring your kid down the road on 25e. I have seen him and he could make a fine football player. SL is not serious about football that is obvious.

I am not going to get on here and hate on Whitaker but I will say this. LCC is going to MISS Hillard very, very soon.
Let's talk about lineup. What kind of lineup are we talking about. Obviously Logan is our quarterback, and Rose is our feature back, but who else will be starting offense and defense?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
They return their entire offensive line, their two defensive ends, also look for Drew Bentley to get a lot of carries this next year as well.
I almost forgot about Mr Bentley. He would split time with Rose. What about our recievers, and most importantly our middle linebacker?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I almost forgot about Mr Bentley. He would split time with Rose. What about our recievers, and most importantly our middle linebacker?

Isn't Rose the player that transferred in from Powell Co.?
Yes he is. He transfered last year, but broke his leg in a game late in the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Anymore news about a defensive coordinator? More directly an announcement!!
I think if you want to evaluate any coach you need to wait until his system is installed and the kids understand what he wants. Wait a couple of years and then we will all know what kind of coach we have at LCC. Alot of talent in that program right now could do some special things the next few years.
We may take a step back lost some very good players.
We do have some great players coming back that will help us. Our freshman team will be really good. Probably the best we have ever got.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:We do have some great players coming back that will help us. Our freshman team will be really good. Probably the best we have ever got.

Freshman team should be good. Best we have ever had, NO
cougars freshman looked good last year.
It just seems like every year our freshman is getting better. Credit to Coach Howard and the middle school staff. The future is now. We have at least three freshman that will see some major playing time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

No way
the past two years lcc freshmen teams have been great last year they only lost one game.if your going by their 8th grade record the last whitesbrug team to play went 12-1 and the first lcc middle school team went 11-2 and won the big sandy i think both those records are better then the up coming freshmen team.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It just seems like every year our freshman is getting better. Credit to Coach Howard and the middle school staff. The future is now. We have at least three freshman that will see some major playing time.

Who are the 3? I see one getting some playing time trying to figure out the other 2.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It just seems like every year our freshman is getting better. Credit to Coach Howard and the middle school staff. The future is now. We have at least three freshman that will see some major playing time.

Coach Howard and his staff does a wonderful job. Always have, always will...This will be nowhere close to the best freshman class LCC has ever had....There are a couple players with potential..........The best class ever is the class that will be juniors next year...Neon, West Letcher or whatever they were called had a successful middle school program with their kids that year and Whitesburg went 12-1. Beat Perry Central that year, Johnson County twice, Martin County and on and on........There will be no freshman that makes an impact on this years varsity team.........Who do you think can even play a little?
Good luck to LCC, freshmen included.
Big Willie Smith for one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Willie will probably play some, nothing major, just like most freshmen with some promise. Now that's one,you said three come one who are the other two
Mike Whitaker's nephew. Don't know his name.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

That is two. I wish all of LCC's programs nothing but the best. Where do you see his nephew playing? If in fact he transfers to LCC. What else does he play besides QB?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Mike Whitaker's nephew. Don't know his name.

Would you not have to been enrolled in the Letcher County school system before actually being talked about getting some major playing time as a freshman.
kentuckynole Wrote:Would you not have to been enrolled in the Letcher County school system before actually being talked about getting some major playing time as a freshman.

There is no law against talking. This is the land of the free and home of the gossip.
Lol
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There is no law against talking. This is the land of the free and home of the gossip.

Might be no law against talking but there might be one called recruiting.

You can't guarantee that 3 players will get major playing time as a freshman when one of them is not even part of the Letcher County school system.
kentuckynole Wrote:Might be no law against talking but there might be one called recruiting.

You can't guarantee that 3 players will get major playing time as a freshman when one of them is not even part of the Letcher County school system.

Yep, but he is an eighth grader and can go anywhere he wants. Is the KHSAA going to be able to keep his uncle, who is the head coach, from talking to him. There is a lot more questionable things going on in Kentucky football and other sports in Kentucky then this.
Dalton Sizemore can play WR on offense or Safety / Outside LB of defense but I am telling you when you see this kid play and throw he was born to be a QB.
OK that is two, and I really can't think of a another one, but the point is we have some great kids coming in here from the 8th grade, and they are naturally good. It wouldn't surprise me if we have two more eighth graders come in here with those kids, and see some playing time. Just depends on what they do during spring practice which I think is today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next