Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co. Central 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Will we ever win a regional crown?
Yes
Doesn't LCC lose a bunch to graduation?
I also have heard that Coach Hillard Howard will be stepping down and if so, that will be a big loss. The Cougars will take a year to regroup, IMO.
BB CLAW Wrote:Doesn't LCC lose a bunch to graduation?

They lose 16 Seniors. Many of the Seniors were not starters. Most of the defense and the offensive line return as well as the QB. They also have two experienced running backs returning also. The biggest ? is the receiver positions.
[quote=OrangenowBlue]They lose 16 Seniors. Many of the Seniors were not starters. Most of the defense and the offensive line return as well as the QB. They also have two experienced running backs returning also. The biggest ? is the receiver positions.[/QUOT

coach whitaker has a nephew that will be enrolling next year and he will be a impact player.
Losing #4 and 5 will hurt them bad defensively. They lose almost all skill positions on offense.
The Cougars have some very good athletes in underclassmen and coming through the 7&8th grades as well. They will rebound, regroup, and with Johnson they will be a force to contend with. IMO they will need a year to regroup. Coach Howard will be missed at LCC.
Drew Bentley, Jessie Rose, Justin (Meatloaf)Garret, Ryan Hall, and Sam Sergent will help Logan be as good as they want to be. It all comes down to how they prepare in the off season. That is just be very important to be doing this now and not wait till spring practice. Who is Coach Whitaker's nephew? What position does he play?
QB
Since he won't play QB, what position will he play for the team?
QB
So are we going to dual quarterback or what do you know Griffin?
I can't imagine that this Freshman, who will be a beast! Will split time with Logan. I think there would be a mutiny on the hill if that were true. He will probably play some slot and some D, but as a Freshman he will not be an impact player nest year.
I think they will do fine as usual, hopefully they had a good jv offense this season because many of them will be used next year.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Since he won't play QB, what position will he play for the team?
He is a beast for a freshman.
Woodrow Call Wrote:I can't imagine that this Freshman, who will be a beast! Will split time with Logan. I think there would be a mutiny on the hill if that were true. He will probably play some slot and some D, but as a Freshman he will not be an impact player nest year.

My predictions. If Coach Whitaker moves his nephew into the starting QB spot next year with Logan still healthy, he will be looking for a job at the end of the season.
That is what I am thinking. What is his height? Could he be a receiver? That is one position that we will need to work on.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:My predictions. If Coach Whitaker moves his nephew into the starting QB spot next year with Logan still healthy, he will be looking for a job at the end of the season.

NOT SO FAST! This kid is the real deal, came in 2nd in a prestegious Camp for Top Camper aganist some of the best Jr. and Sr. QB in the Nation. He can flat out play.
Cellking Wrote:NOT SO FAST! This kid is the real deal, came in 2nd in a prestegious Camp for Top Camper aganist some of the best Jr. and Sr. QB in the Nation. He can flat out play.

I hope for his sake you are right. Coach Whitaker will have a lot of explaining to do if he moves his nephew in at starting QB and it doesn't work out. This will reek of politics whether it actually is or not.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I hope for his sake you are right. Coach Whitaker will have a lot of explaining to do if he moves his nephew in at starting QB and it doesn't work out. This will reek of politics whether it actually is or not.

I'm sure the Johnson Kid is a good QB. Has it in his Genes. What a sad shape to be in 2 Top QB. I know Mike Whitaker and he will play the best no matter who it is. Mike will find a way to play Both and be successful at it. The kid moveing in is very good. Good Luck to LCC will have to get over and see them play.:Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:I'm sure the Johnson Kid is a good QB. Has it in his Genes. What a sad shape to be in 2 Top QB. I know Mike Whitaker and he will play the best no matter who it is. Mike will find a way to play Both and be successful at it. The kid moveing in is very good. Good Luck to LCC will have to get over and see them play.:Thumbs:

I hope you are correct.
Guys stop with this talk about a new quarterback. Logan is the quarterback, that is all this kid knows to do, and he will go some where's else if he isn't the quarterback. He will be a junior, and this kid is going to have to wait his turn.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys stop with this talk about a new quarterback. Logan is the quarterback, that is all this kid knows to do, and he will go some where's else if he isn't the quarterback. He will be a junior, and this kid is going to have to wait his turn.

I was not demeaning Logan as I think he is an great young QB who also happens to be an outstanding young man. I am just stating that I hope it works out because it could be a very controversial situation.
That comment was not directed to you Orange. Some people on here thinks Logan isn't our QB, and he will be.
Coach Whitaker will do what's best for the team and how would you really know cp08?
He is as good as anyone on the team and yes even as a freshman. But that will be coach Whitaker's decision. Wait till you see him play is all I can say, remember Tim Couch as a freshman.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys stop with this talk about a new quarterback. Logan is the quarterback, that is all this kid knows to do, and he will go some where's else if he isn't the quarterback. He will be a junior, and this kid is going to have to wait his turn.
Football players don't like being called " kid" and saying " this kid" doesn't sound too good as to what your implying. I would not be referring to Whitaker's nephew as " this kid". He's 6'1, 200lbs.
I think everyone is jumping the gun here. L.J. is the starter and thats that. Rumors are just that rumors. We are going to have enough offense so why isn't anyone talking defense. We can put up points on any team excluding Harlan Co. and there defense. I feel the Blackbears are far more concerned with defense than us. The Cougars and there fan base need to start calling for some big stops. If we do not get that mindset then no matter if we average 25-30 points a game we are in danger of losing to other high scoring teams. I think its a disgrace that we have been a program much longer than HC and there defense is better by a long shot. Just look at there coaches record with his old team and thats what a solid D will get you..
Defense is an area of much needed improvement.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Football players don't like being called " kid" and saying " this kid" doesn't sound too good as to what your implying. I would not be referring to Whitaker's nephew as " this kid". He's 6'1, 200lbs.

He is very good but 6' 1" & 200 Lbs....not hardly. I was with him when they played Pulaski Co. He is just south of 6' and looks to weigh around 185 Lbs. I have seen a lot of film on him.( U-Tube ). He is very good. Seems to be a great person too. Johnson runs the ball very good. Why not switch him to RB and let Sizemore ("The Nephew") play at QB? Switch them around a bit. Keep the D guessing. I am just saying.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12