Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co. Central 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Lcc has great coaches, facts are facts. Defense is gonna be rock solid this year.
I would like to believe defense will be rock solid! What brings you to that assumption? I will later in the year hold you to that statement LOL. We have never had a defense and i am willing to say that we struggle in that area again.
Because the scheme will fit the kids. Be alot more focus on "d" this year and the scheme will be a perfect fit for the players LCC has. Scheme has to fit the players and players has to fit the scheme.
I also think that there will be more discipline on this team than it was last year.
The defense will just have to prove out before i can get on the wagon! What type of discipline? Errors on offense and defense or individual players? Did the individuals responsible for all the unsportsmanlike conduct calls graduate? Did we ever get a confirmation on the DQ position? I hope weight training has went well and we have a team with stronger legs! I would like to see a more serious Cougar team as well. I do not feel they had the focus on closing teams out last year. I feel they strictly let the game tempo set itself. I would like to see them take the field and close out teams in the first half of every game this year. I like a close game with alot of pressure but its becoming the rule of thumb for the Cougars? It seemed that our Offense always kept us in the games. I felt when we scored the Defense was in regret because they knew it was time to go back out onto the field. When you suit up and take the field thats exactly what it means. TAKE THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!
Hilbily Wrote:The defense will just have to prove out before i can get on the wagon! What type of discipline? Errors on offense and defense or individual players? Did the individuals responsible for all the unsportsmanlike conduct calls graduate? Did we ever get a confirmation on the DQ position? I hope weight training has went well and we have a team with stronger legs! I would like to see a more serious Cougar team as well. I do not feel they had the focus on closing teams out last year. I feel they strictly let the game tempo set itself. I would like to see them take the field and close out teams in the first half of every game this year. I like a close game with alot of pressure but its becoming the rule of thumb for the Cougars? It seemed that our Offense always kept us in the games. I felt when we scored the Defense was in regret because they knew it was time to go back out onto the field. When you suit up and take the field thats exactly what it means. TAKE THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, most of the unsportsmanlike calls were against outgoing Seniors.
Hopefully we will have a well behaved group of young men this year that will think of there team before they think about themselves.
Where do you get we had all these discipline problems cougarpride08? Can you name 1 football team in history that has never got a personal foul? Coach Whitaker aint gonna put up with no discipline problems and it never was ANYTHING like you let on.
MrPerfect, I am not going to get into it again. It is already done, and I know that Coach Whitaker will handle it better than it was handled last year.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Where do you get we had all these discipline problems cougarpride08? Can you name 1 football team in history that has never got a personal foul? Coach Whitaker aint gonna put up with no discipline problems and it never was ANYTHING like you let on.

I watched Whitesburg football from 1976 until 2004 and Letcher Central from 2005 to the present and none of those football teams committed personal fouls like LCC did last year with the exception of some previous LCC teams. It was ridiculous the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties they committed. I would bet if these statistics were kept, LCC was one of the leaders in personal fouls last year in the state, Do I think LCC had discipline problems last year. Yes, I think it was one of the least disciplined football teams I have ever seen. Do I think Coach Whitaker will bring more discipline. Yes I do. I do not think he will put up the riff raff and bad behavior. He will not baby players who throw temper tantrums when something doesn't go their way. Personal fouls and Unsportsmanlike penalties are the equivalent to a technical foul in basketball. If the boys or girls basketball team had committed that many technical fouls last year, I guarantee Coach Hammonds or Coach Adams would have to have met with the administration about their teams behavior. I know football is more aggressive but two or three personal fouls a game is uncalled for.
Amen from a season ticketholder!
Just think how close we came to being undefeated in the regular season last year. We played with a very good Belfry team, and almost beat them. I think Jessie Rose this year will prove that he is one of the best back in the season. I think he does need to protect the ball a little bit more. He had a little fumbilitis. We will be fine.
who will be the quarter back at LLC this year.
I hear all the hopes that Whitaker brings more discipline to the team this year now that he has the clipboard. Infact he was part of the program last year so where was the dscipline then??????? Just a benchmark to go by IMO?
Mike will play his best players and he wants to win and fans wants to win so that mean at this point Johnson has two more yrs at Qb and then "The Kid" steps in and plays Qb but he will make his way to the field some where and where that is no one knows yet,Johnson could be best Qb in Hills and Mike knows what he has and Johnson is his man, and Mike is a great Coach and Great Coaches know what it takes to win!!
I agree, but I do think Johnson needs to be more decisive and that will come this year. The quarterback draw that he done last year was a thing of beauty. I think he had two big runs on quarterback draw in the reg title game. Wasn't for sure the yards, but he had two qb draws that was as good as you can get.
Can anyone give us a update on how are kids are doing in the off season, and who has improved? I think we will be fine if we get a lot of kids to commit to the team through the spring and summer workouts.
LCC has had a lot of success in the past few years and I'm sure it will continue again this season. Who did you guys lose from last years team?
Lost a bunch, but we are reloading every year. Have a great feeder program in our middle school which is really helping us out.
Haven't been up there to see, but how is our weight lifting going on orange?
Nope!! Only a few good players but seniors coming in and 11th && 10th graders made the team up anyways.
I went to the high school the other day and saw one of their returning linemen on crutches, with a big knee brace of some kind on............Anyone have a clue what happened and how bad he is hurt.........
Don't know, but still plenty of time to heal. Unless it is serious, you are looking at two months before the first game.
It is serious, knee is completely locked up......Just hope he will be able to play this year, not looking good
Is it meatloaf?
Time to get this thread back in play. Good reports from the 7-7 passing. The Cougars performed very well. The question is what kind of line will we have to support them? Can our backfield be affective enough to keep the defense guessing.
Our defense is said to be the best we have had so far as far as our front line.
Just found out that Michael Blair (#58) returning center from last years team will be having surgery on his knee August 4th and will be out approximately two months. He was being moved to left guard this year. He will be sorely missed, all 6'2 and 275 lbs of him....
Who will they put at center?
58fan Wrote:Just found out that Michael Blair (#58) returning center from last years team will be having surgery on his knee August 4th and will be out approximately two months. He was being moved to left guard this year. He will be sorely missed, all 6'2 and 275 lbs of him....
Sorry to hear that. Michael is such a good kid and a valuable asset to the O line.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12