Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
MonsterMan Wrote:Another great post for JC. This has to be the worst coach ever. Ok lets do the math, if HHS beats him by 50+ and he thinks HHS is 40 points better than JC, he should have played us close or beat us. Interesting but typical, but I think someone said he was an ex HHS player.

To his credit, someone told me he told a group Friday Night JC was as good a team as they have played all year.

I just reported what I heard , did not say I agreed with what he said. He is a Beechwood grad. I am not sure about his coaching abilities, but I do not think he had enough talent on this team to judge him on, I'll hold out on my opionion of him and see what he does the next two years(If he is still around!).
sstack Wrote:Talked to relative of the head coach at Cov Cath and was told he thought if Highlands plays their game, he thinks they can win by 40. He said home field advantage will have JC fired up and if Highlands lets them stay in the game and fired up, that it could be closer but Highlands still wins. I was surprised by the point spreed he gave!
Maybe these sort of comments (saying that a team that just beat him 5 TD's will get beat 40) are part of why he is being run-off by one of the most prestigious programs in the state. Rolleyes
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Maybe these sort of comments (saying that a team that just beat him 5 TD's will get beat 40) are part of why he is being run-off by one of the most prestigious programs in the state. Rolleyes

Or maybe it is because he has seen both teams first hand! The reason people are trying to run him out is more for off field issues and personality conflicts(all though I am sure there would be less of that if there were more w's).
MonsterMan Wrote:Another great post for JC. This has to be the worst coach ever. Ok lets do the math, if HHS beats him by 50+ and he thinks HHS is 40 points better than JC, he should have played us close or beat us. Interesting but typical, but I think someone said he was an ex HHS player.

To his credit, someone told me he told a group Friday Night JC was as good a team as they have played all year.

The worst coach ever? And you base this on what? Have you seen him coach more than last weeks game agianst JC? I am not saying he is a great or even a good coach, but that is a ridiculous statement. I don't think people will find much that you say credible with statements like that.
I seriously doubt either team will win by 40. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion though.
JC on a prayer.
That is true. And I believe it is 2 interceptions to tie the record, 3 to take it.
JC will not lose by 40, highlands will not lose by 40, imo neither team will score 40 let alone win by that much.....that statement is ridiculous.....i dont care if central beat everybody by 30 or highlands beats everyone by 30, it all comes down to how they play the game friday night.....turnovers for either team will make a long night for them......good luck to Jc and hope everyone stays injury free!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
sstack Wrote:The worst coach ever? And you base this on what? Have you seen him coach more than last weeks game agianst JC? I am not saying he is a great or even a good coach, but that is a ridiculous statement. I don't think people will find much that you say credible with statements like that.

Sorry for the off the cuff comment, I was just amazed how a coach could get beat last week, and come up with a statement like that. Maybe I should have said worst comment made by a coach ever. He probably did not say anyting at all. Like 90% of the posters here, credibility on this site is not a worry of mine, just defending my Ealges!
MonsterMan Wrote:Sorry for the off the cuff comment, I was just amazed how a coach could get beat last week, and come up with a statement like that. Maybe I should have said worst comment made by a coach ever. He probably did not say anyting at all. Like 90% of the posters here, credibility on this site is not a worry of mine, just defending my Ealges!

Glad it was just off the cuff. I can promise you that this is what was said. I was probably more shocked than you. I love high school sports and the way kids play for the love of the game. The excitement leading up to it is fun and thought this would be interesting to fans on both sides. It is fun to see if he will be on target or made a fool for this commet(just like all the rest of us making predictions on here). As for all the people saying neither team can win by 40; I don't think so either, but we will not know until Friday(It could happen).
JC getting there, but not quite there yet.

Highlands wins 36-14
if highlands wins,wont be by that much i picked them but hope they loose..go eagles,and pirates....
I say HIGHLANDS by 21.
Highlands 28
Johnson Central 14
Lets put it this way guys. We have about... 44 hours left till the game.
Cenral should have NO excuses they have been out of school all week. Thats alot of time to prepare.
sstack Wrote:JC is no Colerain!!!!!

how can u make this comment, isnt jc #1 in the NATION in rushing yds? that means they have more than colerain, hmmm, wow u guys are bias
go JC lets shut em guys, prove to them we're at that level :rockon: :rockon:
MatneysManiac Wrote:how can u make this comment, isnt jc #1 in the NATION in rushing yds? that means they have more than colerain, hmmm, wow u guys are bias

:confused:

That means absolutely nothing.

You need to take a look at the tradition of Colerain before you make any comments like that, because Johnson Central hasn't had a good football program for very long.
I've noticed the poll has really tightened up the last couple days. Our EKy bias got us a decent lead to start with, but calmer heads are starting to prevail.
Don't know if this is me just being a homer or if I really, really think we can win this game, but I will try 30-28 JC.
I've been advertising this game to family and friends as the biggest game in JC history. Anyone think that's too far-fetched to say that?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I've noticed the poll has really tightened up the last couple days. Our EKy bias got us a decent lead to start with, but calmer heads are starting to prevail.
Don't know if this is me just being a homer or if I really, really think we can win this game, but I will try 30-28 JC.
I've been advertising this game to family and friends as the biggest game in JC history. Anyone think that's too far-fetched to say that?

It could just be alittle of the Bias part. In another poll where there is NKY bias , Highands 72% favorites to Johnson Central 28%.
tradition Wrote:It could just be alittle of the Bias part. In another poll where there is NKY bias , Highands 72% favorites to Johnson Central 28%.
Which in all honesty, I would say that is about where it should be, if not tipped even a little more in The 'Birds favor.
You or any other NKy members on here gonna be here Fri, tradition? Ive read somewhere that there are 3 charters ready to come this way. Do you know if that is just for fans, or is that including the team buses also?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Which in all honesty, I would say that is about where it should be, if not tipped even a little more in The 'Birds favor.
You or any other NKy members on here gonna be here Fri, tradition? Ive read somewhere that there are 3 charters ready to come this way. Do you know if that is just for fans, or is that including the team buses also?

I'll be there on one of the buses. Six charters , 3 fan and 3 team.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I've noticed the poll has really tightened up the last couple days. Our EKy bias got us a decent lead to start with, but calmer heads are starting to prevail.

I don't think that's far-fetched at all to say it's one of the two biggest games in JC history. It's at least as big as the 2006 semi-final. This is the game you have to win to play on the carpet. They don't get much bigger than that.

This is first of many "Biggest Games in History" for JC as they climb toward the State Title! This is the biggest to date.

Lets eat turkey today and watch a classic in the making tommorow, not much more needs to be said.
MatneysManiac Wrote:how can u make this comment, isnt jc #1 in the NATION in rushing yds? that means they have more than colerain, hmmm, wow u guys are bias

Sounds like you know very little about football outside of the mountains! I was not saying JC is not a good team but they are not in the same league as Colerain and anybody who follows high school football (in more than just one little area) knows this. Highlands is not in the same league with Colerain either(would get beat 9/10 or 10/10 times). Do you think Colerain was played some 1A teams from kentucky? Overall, Ohio football is head and shoulders better than Kentucky and that hurts for someone from NKY to admit. Highlands was probably the weakest or one of the weakest teams on Colerains schedule. Highlands will be the toughest team you have faced,so lets see what you have to say after Friday.
I was getting a haircut yesterday and my barber, who also drives a school bus, stated that he heard that it was close to already being a sell out with the amount of tickets that have already been sold. Any idea on what will be the cut off point for number of tickets sold. Sure would hate to be turned away at the gate.
THOMCAT Wrote:I was getting a haircut yesterday and my barber, who also drives a school bus, stated that he heard that it was close to already being a sell out with the amount of tickets that have already been sold. Any idea on what will be the cut off point for number of tickets sold. Sure would hate to be turned away at the gate.

Does anybody know how NKY fans heading down to the game can get presale tixs?
MonsterMan Wrote:This is first of many "Biggest Games in History" for JC as they climb toward the State Title! This is the biggest to date.

Lets eat turkey today and watch a classic in the making tommorow, not much more needs to be said.

How is is bigger than the game against CovCath two years ago?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:How is is bigger than the game against CovCath two years ago?

Because all the JC fans keep saying this team is better and they are learning from last several years on what it takes to get to the top. So this is suppose to be your year from what I have been hearing.
sstack Wrote:Because all the JC fans keep saying this team is better and they are learning from last several years on what it takes to get to the top. So this is suppose to be your year from what I have been hearing.

I really like this team, but to be honest this years team in not as good defensively, but is better offensively than the '06 team.

Wasn't really directed to you, but thanks for throwing your two cents in anyway, I guess.Rolleyes
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next