•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
Will be tremendous blow to the Lady Owls. Can’t see Macy Brown sticking around either.
(07-23-2024, 09:14 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(07-22-2024, 06:01 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote: Heard Andrew terry and his dad possibly going to Montgomery?
It’s just been a matter of time. They where shopped to another school in the 14th and one in the 13th early in the summer. Good luck to them
The two I had heard was Hazard and Corbin. We’ll see how it plays out for everyone involved….
[-] The following 1 user Likes SourcesSay's post:
  • shottaker23
Wouldn’t be surprised to see some kids transfer to Owsley if they hire the right coach.. Kids love to transfer.
Man I don’t see how parents afford transportation when transfer. Or if rent somewhere that expensive too. I just couldn’t see benefits unless it guaranteed them more exposure or state championship. I couldn’t imagine taking my girls all over place . The home grown kids don’t exist. Then coaches put all time to development of kids and just team so interest just give peace sign.
(07-28-2024, 01:11 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Wouldn’t be surprised to see some kids transfer to Owsley if they hire the right coach.. Kids love to transfer.

How many coaches are interested in coaching in Owsley County?
(07-28-2024, 11:11 PM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 01:11 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Wouldn’t be surprised to see some kids transfer to Owsley if they hire the right coach.. Kids love to transfer.

How many coaches are interested in coaching in Owsley County?
I’m hearing around four have applied for the job so far. It was only posted as open Monday.
I'm hearing Tyson gross is going to get it if he does I wonder if his nephew will leave breathitt?
No one will leave the bobcats to go to Owsley. No matter who the coach is that’s hired. Good luck to Owsley though in your search. Great place and people.
Well I for one believe if Owsley County hires Tyson Gross. There’s a great chance Cannan Gross joins his uncle at Owsley.

Why wouldn’t he go ? That’s a close family , Tyson knows basketball. I’m assuming it would be a closer drive for them and let’s be honest. Honeycutt ran very little offense through his bigs last year.
What is the candidate list? Gross, Barbourville High assistant, local Owsley guy?
(08-05-2024, 10:45 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote: Well I for one believe if Owsley County hires Tyson Gross. There’s a great chance Cannan Gross joins his uncle at Owsley.

Why wouldn’t he go ? That’s a close family , Tyson knows basketball. I’m assuming it would be a closer drive for them and let’s be honest. Honeycutt ran very little offense through his bigs last year.
It’s a building process at Owsley and it’s his senior year. He’s competitive and likes winning.
(08-05-2024, 12:47 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 10:45 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote: Well I for one believe if Owsley County hires Tyson Gross. There’s a great chance Cannan Gross joins his uncle at Owsley.

It’s a building process at Owsley and it’s his senior year. He’s competitive and likes winning.

Senior year ? different school , new team , playing for your uncle , having the offense ran through you. Hey , that sounds like a pretty good gig.

Winning ? If he likes winning he better be transferring to Hazard unless winning a district title turns him on.
(08-05-2024, 02:05 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 12:47 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Senior year ? different school , new team , playing for your uncle , having the offense ran through you. Hey , that sounds like a pretty good gig.

Winning ? If he likes winning he better be transferring to Hazard unless winning a district title turns him on.
They beat Hazard two years in row in regional. So I think he in pretty good spot.
(08-05-2024, 02:19 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

They beat Hazard two years in row in regional. So I think he in pretty good spot.

Breathitt had the better team the last 2 seasons.. That’s not the case this year. Hazard will beat Breathitt by double digits every time they face each other this season. Go ahead and write it on your calendar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chubby Smith's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(08-05-2024, 02:37 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:

Breathitt had the better team the last 2 seasons.. That’s not the case this year. Hazard will beat Breathitt by double digits every time they face each other this season. Go ahead and write it on your calendar.
You seem pretty sure of yourself and who knows, you could be right. Like the man says Breathitt beat them when it counted. If guard play and outside shooting can rival last year Breathitt will be pretty good. Definitely an inside advantage.
(08-05-2024, 03:17 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 02:37 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 12:47 PM)Slim one Wrote: It’s a building process at Owsley and it’s his senior year. He’s competitive and likes winning.

You seem pretty sure of yourself and who knows, you could be right. Like the man says Breathitt beat them when it counted. If guard play and outside shooting can rival last year Breathitt will be pretty good. Definitely an inside advantage.

I guess you could say that I’m just as confident in my opinion as you are yours.

The way I see it. Breathitt lost a few players and Hazard gained a couple. Hazard runs a structured offense Breathitt don’t. Hazard plays defense Breathitt don’t. Breathitt had the same inside advantage as they had last year. Will they use it ?

I think if most will judge with their brain instead of their heart they will agree with me.
Is Shoptaw back at Hazard? He started for them as an 8th grader then moved to Florida for the last 2 years. I was told he is a future D1 prospect. If that’s true and he is a Bulldog again that will make them overwhelming favorites to win the region.
(08-05-2024, 06:25 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Is Shoptaw back at Hazard? He started for them as an 8th grader then moved to Florida for the last 2 years. I was told he is a future D1 prospect. If that’s true and he is a Bulldog again that will make them overwhelming favorites to win the region.
I think only his younger brother is back. From what I have heard he may be going to Oak Hill.
What does Perry return and did they get any new faces?
(08-06-2024, 04:01 PM)Bluecat Wrote: What does Perry return and did they get any new faces?
They got the miller kid who I think is a sophomore estridge may be spelling his name wrong an they got a little blonde boy I've saw play but his name escapes my memory but he can shoot Perry seems to have a good up an coming class but Shannon and al both have ways to get players an develope their younger talent.  I think breathitt after this year an wolfe this year will struggle powell with a new coach has some good upcoming kids it hurt them losing morguson to grc not sure about leslie knott or estill. Lee mat he a contender idk much about that team either other then they added flinchum
(04-20-2024, 05:53 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Anybody heard anything about any kids transferring in the 14th?
Window closes soon. Heard Austin McGuinis to Breathitt and Creach to GRC. Wolfe looking shaky. McGuinis will help Breathitt . Plays hard and does a lot well particularly on defence. Plus step dad is a knowledgeable former head coach.
(08-10-2024, 08:22 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: McGinnis left Wolfe because of family issues. Mom took him to Breathitt, and I heard his brother is at Jackson City, which don’t know that for sure . Noble is still working at WC. Austin is a great kid and works his butt off at basketball, wish him the best of luck , hate to see him leave for Breathitt. As far as Creech, he’s still enrolled at WC so he’s not at GRC. Going to GRC won’t be a good idea because Coach Cook runs that place like a college, he’s bringing in players all the time, not many Clark boys on that team.

Getting eligible won’t be an issue, it’s a joke these days . Parents and kids move all the time, look at Flinchum, I bet he adds to his list next year, he might break a scoring record and transfer record by his senior year.
I never thought creech would leave Wolfe his dad is principal an he will be the main man for wolfe now especially with flinchum gone. I questioned the lee co move to but he's running out of options in the 14th I love watching the kid play he's got a lot of talent an seems like a good kid but seems to have commitment issues!
(08-10-2024, 09:37 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(08-10-2024, 08:22 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: McGinnis left Wolfe because of family issues. Mom took him to Breathitt, and I heard his brother is at Jackson City, which don’t know that for sure . Noble is still working at WC. Austin is a great kid and works his butt off at basketball, wish him the best of luck , hate to see him leave for Breathitt. As far as Creech, he’s still enrolled at WC so he’s not at GRC. Going to GRC won’t be a good idea because Coach Cook runs that place like a college, he’s bringing in players all the time, not many Clark boys on that team.

Getting eligible won’t be an issue, it’s a joke these days . Parents and kids move all the time, look at Flinchum, I bet he adds to his list next year, he might break a scoring record and transfer record by his senior year.
I never thought creech would leave Wolfe his dad is principal an he will be the main man for wolfe now especially with flinchum gone. I questioned the lee co move to but he's running out of options in the 14th I love watching the kid play he's got a lot of talent an seems like a good kid but seems to have commitment issues!
From what I have seen of Flinchum he is a very good offensive player as far as shooting with open looks. He is only a sophomore and I’m sure his ability to create his own shot and create shots for teammates will improve, as well as his defense. The young man has a lot of upside for sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
Wayyyy too personal and coming too close with the names of the athletes. Getting off topic too.

Clean it up, or thread will be closed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
Flex granny flex….. every thread on here mentions names of athletes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • DukeBoy
Hearing Rod Rhodes will be coming back to Lotts Creek soon so we know what that means!!! LOTTS of transfers!!!
May be wishful talking about Rhodes you are hearing. Having said that, Cordia certainly hasn't been the same since that pipeline dried up. I really enjoyed watching Omar Keita play for them a few years ago. Cordia always was a small school, but its been sad watching them the last few seasons, even with their small school status, I remember them being competitive. Watching Stephen Curry in the gold medal game reminded me of Matt Hurt when he played for Cordia.
(08-13-2024, 02:12 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Flex granny flex….. every thread on here mentions names of athletes.

Oh naming names is fine but not in a negative personna.

And I don't flex.  I don't need to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Lcontop
Did slone transfer from kcc to hazard?? Hearing that along with maybe 1-2 more either transferred or not playing for the patriots.
(08-20-2024, 03:29 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: Did slone transfer from kcc to hazard?? Hearing that along with maybe 1-2 more either transferred or not playing for the patriots.
If so, hazard will be unbeatable
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next