•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
HighViz Wrote:We had something to Love till people like you ran him out of town.

You couldn’t possibly be more wrong, I am 100%against any good ole boy crap that may have went down and definitely think we let our best option and one of the best coaches in the state for that matter walk out the door. So we are in complete agreement there.

Where we differ is that I also believe Haddix had a hand in his own exit and I’m not one for the continued crying over spilled milk. All that matters now is that the best replacement possible is found and that the program keeps building upon its recent success while putting kids into college.
HighViz Wrote:You are exactly right. I am salty! Those fools in administrative positions ran the best thing in this town off. They didn’t fight for him, instead they fell for people like you!
Sounds about right for you to say haters gonna hate. I haven’t missed a game since the late 90s. We had something to Love till people like you ran him out of town. So yea. I’m salty, and I hate the way things went down. However, what’s done is done. We are the losers. We shouldn’t be conducting any interviews except for a Defensive Coordinator and a OLine coach.

Your no more upset than I am, you’ll have your chance to voice your opinion when the school board elections come around ,there’ll be candidates to vote for to correct these problems....Why admonish our assistants for trying to keep things going? Haddix updated our program through social media and the way we deal with coaches at the next level, it’s important that we don’t take a step back, they’re doing what they’ve been told to do until another coach can be put in place...I’m as big a Haddix fan as anyone can be but we’re still Corbin, the football team isn’t gonna be disbanded over him leaving...
fansville Wrote:You couldn’t possibly be more wrong, I am 100%against any good ole boy crap that may have went down and definitely think we let our best option and one of the best coaches in the state for that matter walk out the door. So we are in complete agreement there.

Where we differ is that I also believe Haddix had a hand in his own exit and I’m not one for the continued crying over spilled milk. All that matters now is that the best replacement possible is found and that the program keeps building upon its recent success while putting kids into college.

Yep
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:corbin doing their best to put their athletes they dont want to leave with haddix all over social media .. will be interesting to see what comes of all this ..

Couple months ago Haddix was doing this to recruit now Corbin is doing it to keep kids from leaving? These kids where getting recruited by these schools before he left it’s important that all the upgrades he put in place are continued imo...you can’t always look through Bell tinted glasses, you all hated Haddix till a couple weeks ago
All coaches will have lovers and haters. The conspiracy theories of good ole boys ran him out are the opinions of those who think that. Haddix wasn't fired so pretty sure he wasn't run out, he accepted an offer that he could have refused if he so wanted. Haddix did bring alot of great things to Corbin, hype, kids bought into his philosophy, and the Reshounds had successful seasons. I commend the assistant coaches continuing to represent these athletes and keeping college coaches visiting Corbin players. I just wonder why Brent Jackson, who has been so successful is not a go to replacement?
HighViz Wrote:You are exactly right. I am salty! Those fools in administrative positions ran the best thing in this town off. They didn’t fight for him, instead they fell for people like you!
Sounds about right for you to say haters gonna hate. I haven’t missed a game since the late 90s. We had something to Love till people like you ran him out of town. So yea. I’m salty, and I hate the way things went down. However, what’s done is done. We are the losers. We shouldn’t be conducting any interviews except for a Defensive Coordinator and a OLine coach.

I can appreciate being upset. I don’t like the apple cart being upset and this did it.

BUT- we also cant forget that Justin had a job at Corbin until he took another one. While he may not have got every SINGLE thing he wanted, he was supported big time by the community, and he got way more than he didn’t. Plus, he hired the Oline Coach and D Coordinator you’re wanting to replace- so it’s only fair to hold him accountable for that? He was very very good, but far from perfect.

I did not want him to leave under any circumstance- but whats done is done and he isn’t a Redhound anymore and I’m not a Justin Haddix fan anymore.

My hope is that Corbin uses this hire to build on what we have. We have the horses to win a title in the next 3 years if the kids stay in tact. And that will include a win over Boyle.

All the best to you.
Good luck to the new Corbin coach if they keep the same schedule, I look for Corbin to weaken it down though. If the schedule is the same as last year this is what the new coach is looking at.

1.Not be the first Corbin coach to lose to Whitley, Erwin was 3-1 against Corbin
when he was at South Laurel
2. Beat Knoxville Catholic in the pigskin classic
3. Beat Bowling Green
4. Beat Beechwood
5. Beat Whayne County at Whayne for the district
6. Beat Whayne County for a second time to advance in the playoffs
7. Beat Somerset state champions
8. Pulaski County
9. Lafayette
10.Lincoln County
11. Knox County
I think this team can handle that schedule. I would hate to be the teams having to matchup with this particular Corbin team. Position for position, I am confident that we are ready for the challenge. This past couple of weeks will put a small chip on these players shoulders in a way that will be very bad for opposing teams.
fansville Wrote:You couldn’t possibly be more wrong, I am 100%against any good ole boy crap that may have went down and definitely think we let our best option and one of the best coaches in the state for that matter walk out the door. So we are in complete agreement there.

Who exatly did haddux get scholarships for in football, name the players and schools
I am no expert on this but College coaches don't come for the high school coach. They come if they think your school produces talent. Or the guys at your school have some offers then llots of college coaches start coming. But the coach can reach out and get the word to the schools about players. with all the highlights and twitter and stuff these days these coaches can see a lot of kids and decide if they want to visit to see them in person or build a relationship.
2face Wrote:Who exatly did haddux get scholarships for in football, name the players and schools

You are obviously having a hard time seeing the forrest for the trees. He didn’t personally get anyone a scholarship. What he did do, and do very well, was to promote the players, the program and reach out to schools for those players. Not sure if you realize this, but often time the high school coach is how young players initially get connected to recruiters and that leads to scholarships.
Haddix is gone and I and many others would like to see the new coach be able to continue and expand this networking on the players behalf. IMO all schools and fans should expect this from their program.
So how many players went to college for football while haddux was their
Mingo Wrote:I am no expert on this but College coaches don't come for the high school coach.

They don’t come for the coach but they have to come through the coach. Also the coach is the one that makes contact for and promotes underclassmen to these recruiters in the first place.
2face Wrote:So how many players went to college for football while haddux was their

I can think of at least 7-10 off the top of my head, and more than a few prospects coming through now. what’s your point?
Well I never seen any in the nwspaper ore at least any to big schools an don’t cont union and Cumberland levels
Only one know of was qb who went to play baseball
2face Wrote:Well I never seen any in the nwspaper ore at least any to big schools an don’t cont union and Cumberland levels

Now you are just making yourself sound silly, there are 2 now to Louisville, 1 to Georgetown, Southern Illinois and what a silly comment on the Cumberlands level. They are one of the top NAIA programs in the country now. Had a few go there, one to Lindsey Wilson, Pikeville, and those are just off the top of my head. Add that to having multiple underclassman with D1 offers/interest, is that enough for you?
The last major D-1 full scholarship player from Corbin I think was Nolan Devaughn went to UK. I could be wrong but good conversation.
2face Wrote:So how many players went to college for football while haddux was their

While Hadd(I)x was “their” what?
2face Wrote:Well I never seen any in the nwspaper ore at least any to big schools an don’t cont union and Cumberland levels

Most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum! When someone gets their college payed for to play a sport and further their education why should it matter if it’s NAIA level, FCS or FBS?? They’ve accomplished a hell of a lot more than you obviously ever have!

I also believe that 2face is an imposter misspelling words and using improper grammar to stir the shi!
While I’m here...I’m hearing a local college coach might have some interest in the job, it would be an excellent hire if true.
AND.....It would be great if we could not talk about Justin Haddix on this thread. I love him and he is a friend but he is gone and isn’t coming back any time soon.
I would like more talk about the next coach if possible. Who is the hiring committee? Are they actually going to interview?
I Know that there will be new school board members next election if policies are changed to allow an admin to coach. Kids do not like this person and most will not play for him! This could probably get us back down to 3A numbers next alignment though...
Hey Campbell, more than half of these people who post on here are relatives of that guys who we can not name. Ha ha ha...

Back to the coaching search. I’m pretty sure I know which college coach you are talking about. He didn’t ever have success in highschool did he? I also don’t think his current gig is too bad.
Not sure if this is true or not but I heard Greer is not a shoe in for the job like others are saying and that he may not even be interested in the position. Also that the super secret search committee is meeting some time this week to go through the applications and start discussions.
campbellfield Wrote:Most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum! When someone gets their college payed for to play a sport and further their education why should it matter if it’s NAIA level, FCS or FBS?? They’ve accomplished a hell of a lot more than you obviously ever have!

I also believe that 2face is an imposter misspelling words and using improper grammar to stir the shi!

Don’t have any auto corect and spell like I talk
Sorry not a perfect speller but do not care

Nothin wrong with unions or cumberland but any one can go there and walk on

Just wonderin who has went where from corbyn
Granny Bear Wrote:….MADA

Make America Doug Again!!!

Confusednicker:

Thanks for your support.
Greer would at the least be the number 1 guy you want to run their defense. And would be a good head coach. He is great on the defensive side of the ball. Corbin is an appealing job. I am sure there is a lot of interest.
Three different scenarios for discussion:

Option 1: High Ceiling, High Floor
Bring in Larry French and keep Greer as DC

Pros:
1. Stay at a Championship level in the present and immediate future with a great crop of talent already in place.
2. Years of experience.
3. Moderate excitement amongst fanbase

Cons:
1. Won't get better, two aging coaches who still can get it done right now, but for how long? No teaching these old dogs new tricks.
2. Feeder program will ultimately regress, once again, at this age these guys dont have the energy to reinvent anything.
3. Possible fanbase angst if expectations aren't met in comparison to the young Coach who got away.

Option 2: Wider High Ceiling, Wider High Floor
Bring in Shawn Thompson from Wayne County.

Pros:
1. One of the most underrated coaches in the state. Thompson consistently does more with less.

2. By contrast, Thompson is just now reaching the peak of his career and has more tread on his tires to do this longer.

3. Continued focus on the feeder system level. Thompson's feeder system helped make an average Wayne County program a consistently strong program.

*BONUS: Possibility he could bring Sloan with him?**

Cons:
1. No Championship pedigree. Thompson has only been to the Finals once despite numerous Semi-Finals appearances and doesn't have a title to his name.

2. Name will not elicit major excitement from the Hounds fanbase as he is more of a "Coach's Coach" than a meter mover.

3. The unknown. Thompson has never had the pressure, expectations, or competition he would face at Corbin.

Option 3: Highest Ceiling, Lowest Floor
Josh Jaggers of Larue County

Pros:
1. Young coach that played at UK who has made big moves in a short time. Could definitely keep the upward trajectory Haddix started continued.

2. Has "over achieved" at positions with far less resources. This would be a major upgrade in terms of talent, facilities, and feeder program for a guy who has taken teams to the Semi-Finals with far less.

3. Potential to generate excitement but also patience. With an established name comes established expectations, with Jaggers there will more of a big picture to work towards.

Cons:
1. He's not from around those parts. If he even was interested, you are hiring a guy with little to no familiarity of the area. With Corbin's unique geographical advantage this could cause a problem.

2. Much like Thompson, how will he handle the deeper waters he has never been in.

3. Will existing staffers be offended and not want to work with an outsider?
campbellfield Wrote:While I’m here...I’m hearing a local college coach might have some interest in the job, it would be an excellent hire if true.

I am sorry but there is NOT ONE LOCAL college coach, head or assistant that Corbin should even look at. Corbin is a better job than that. JMO
PRIDE101 Wrote:I am sorry but there is NOT ONE LOCAL college coach, head or assistant that Corbin should even look at. Corbin is a better job than that. JMO

Apparently you haven’t watched the Patriots play the last few years, they are a top notch program and would be considered one of the best jobs in NAIA football nation wide imo.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next