•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 2010 vs. Pikeville 1987
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I will try and see if we can start a GoFundMe here on BGR for some prescription eye wear, its clear your blind as a bat Confusednicker:

Yes, please send money.:worthy:
[quote=EKUAlum05]FWIW, Somerset lost three games in '78:
Henry Clay 15-0
Madisonville 26-22
Corbin 6-3

It is worth noting, none of those three teams reached the playoffs in their respective classes. With that said, Henry Clay and Corbin both were in the Top 15 Overall in the Final Lit Ratings. Henry Clay was the #1 AAAA Public school until they lost in the regular season finale to Lafayette by a point and missed the playoffs as a result. Corbin also missed the playoffs because Middlesboro was their lone loss (Somerset beat in Round 1). They also defeated Richmond Madison who went on to reach the 1A Semi's.

That Henry Clay team was very good. We played them in the post-season CKC Bowl and lost 30-10. Very strong up front and physical with a nice QB in Beauchamp.

Corbin was unbeaten but lost to Middlesboro in their regular season finale and thus lost their district to Brian Williams' Yellowjackets.

So many good teams didn't even reach the playoffs in those days. :Thumbs:
Speaking of the '87 team from Pikeville, I'd like to have seen them play Danville that year. I know how good they were as well. Big line, much like the Panthers and Donnie Redd, David Walker and Tim McDaniel in the Backfield were pretty fast as well.
Hatz Wrote:Speaking of the '87 team from Pikeville, I'd like to have seen them play Danville that year. I know how good they were as well. Big line, much like the Panthers and Donnie Redd, David Walker and Tim McDaniel in the Backfield were pretty fast as well.

I remember reading the papers back in the day about Donnie Redd, Walker and McDaniel. They were good players on a good team. If i'm not mistaken, Danville went on to meet Mayfield in the 2-A finals in 87 ?
Gus McCrae Wrote:I remember reading the papers back in the day about Donnie Redd, Walker and McDaniel. They were good players on a good team. If i'm not mistaken, Danville went on to meet Mayfield in the 2-A finals in 87 ?

Yes.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)