•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 35 Johnson Central 27
Congrats on a great win PCC. Looking forward to our game Friday night. Knox will be ready for a 4 quarter war. Should be a dandy.
Hatz Wrote:Actually Boyle County did as well.

Just saying. :biggrin:

Ah, forgot about that one, but that's not bad company to be in.
Football1 Wrote:Congrats on a great win PCC. Looking forward to our game Friday night. Knox will be ready for a 4 quarter war. Should be a dandy.

How is this years Knox team looking compared to last years team?
Bob Seger Wrote:Wow!! I could only imagine how Perry Central fans would act if they beat a really good Johnson Central team. Greatest win in school history!!! Greatest win in school history!!! LOL!!! Historically how strong has Perry Central's football program been up until now, anyways? I know they are one of the biggest schools in the area , but I really havn't kept up with their football program. Come on guys you have a nice team, have a lot of speed, held Jude down really well, etc. etc. BUT you guys are not fathoming that you BARELY beat a team, for the most part that is hugely comprised of kids that just came up from the middle school either this year or last year. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, you deserved the win, but a big dose of reality needs to be taken to understand that you guys scored your points against kindergarten kids. Especially in the secondary. Just imagine how good they can be when they graduate to first grade...lol

Anyways good luck the rest of the season.

Aww someone seems a lil jealous that baby jude got stoped..
Congrats to PCC on the win. Was one that I did not expect. Wasn't at the game, went to the Bristol Race instead. However, after watching the game on tape, JC didn't play at their best and PCC looked great. Congrats on the win and keep things rolling, hope we neither one loose another game this year.
Congrats.
I like Johnson Central football, but IMO, Jim Matney is one of the most overrated coaches in High School football. He plays the most boring style you can imagine, and schedules a cream puff schedule, which shows come playoff time. For once, they had to schedule a team that was a good football team this early in the season, and you see the results.

Unless Matney figures out that you need to have something resembling a passing game, he is never going to win a big game. This sweep to Jude every play isn't going to cut it against teams with a great front line. Just plain and simple.
Grads PCC
Fist of all, they were not running a sweep to Jude in this last game. They ran him primarily off tackle to the short side of the field all night. Secondly, have you even looked at our schedule the past 3 years or so and have you not seen the scores when playoffs came? Cream Puff schedule is a joke... The schedule may be down a little this year, but thats cause he is trying to get the young guys some experience before playoffs. As far as the style of play, I like it... I'm not a fan of throwing the ball the majority of the time. I like to see kids get hit and hit hard, running the Belly, Dive, and Midline Option ensures that is what I will see. Again thats just my opinion many others like seeing the ball get slung around. But I'm not to sure that you are very informed.
BCF4L Wrote:I like Johnson Central football, but IMO, Jim Matney is one of the most overrated coaches in High School football. He plays the most boring style you can imagine, and schedules a cream puff schedule, which shows come playoff time. For once, they had to schedule a team that was a good football team this early in the season, and you see the results.

Unless Matney figures out that you need to have something resembling a passing game, he is never going to win a big game. This sweep to Jude every play isn't going to cut it against teams with a great front line. Just plain and simple.
Forgive me but I am a little confused. In the first half of your first sentence you say that that you like Eagle football. In the second half you go on to say that Jim Matney is overrated. Since the coach is the director of the football program he bears the responsibility for the success or failure of same. As to the run in football perhaps many said the same of the Bucks under "WOODY HAYS ". As to the success of a Cupcake Schedule (?),and plural respectable appearances against the likes of the Bluebirds (pretty deep in the play-offs); I remain confused.
BCF4L
Holla Atcha Boi

BCF4L I can understand and accept you being Matney hater that comes with the job.
However, you are an administrator on this sight and as such embody the expectations of the sight. To make such of and illiterate statement of “schedules a cream puff schedule” shows your limited education / intelligence and brings in to question quality of bluegrass rivals itself. In addition, is an outright slap in the face of teams like: Ashland, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Knox County, Clay County, Bell County, Breathitt County, Whitley County, Mason County, Lawrence County, Bryan Station, Louisville Central, Middlesboro and Boyle County? All teams Matney has scheduled while at JC.
Also, you stated “Jim Matney is one of the most overrated coaches in High School football” which again shows you lack of intelligence / education. JC was 1-9 in 2003 the year before Coach Matney area stated. Coach Matney record between 2004 through 2010 at JC is 66-20 making the playoff 6 straight years and losing to the eventual state champion 4 of the 6 years. If you personally don’t like Coach Matney that is fine, but not to respect his coaching ability base on the facts just makes you and uneducated Matney hater and you should resign as administrator of this sight.
:eyeroll: :flush::Shaking:
Bob Seger Wrote:Wow!! I could only imagine how Perry Central fans would act if they beat a really good Johnson Central team. Greatest win in school history!!! Greatest win in school history!!! LOL!!! Historically how strong has Perry Central's football program been up until now, anyways? I know they are one of the biggest schools in the area , but I really havn't kept up with their football program. Come on guys you have a nice team, have a lot of speed, held Jude down really well, etc. etc. BUT you guys are not fathoming that you BARELY beat a team, for the most part that is hugely comprised of kids that just came up from the middle school either this year or last year. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, you deserved the win, but a big dose of reality needs to be taken to understand that you guys scored your points against kindergarten kids. Especially in the secondary. Just imagine how good they can be when they graduate to first grade...lol

Anyways good luck the rest of the season.

this guy is butt hurt!
Eagle84 Wrote:BCF4L
Holla Atcha Boi

BCF4L I can understand and accept you being Matney hater that comes with the job.
However, you are an administrator on this sight and as such embody the expectations of the sight. To make such of and illiterate statement of “schedules a cream puff schedule” shows your limited education / intelligence and brings in to question quality of bluegrass rivals itself. In addition, is an outright slap in the face of teams like: Ashland, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Knox County, Clay County, Bell County, Breathitt County, Whitley County, Mason County, Lawrence County, Bryan Station, Louisville Central, Middlesboro and Boyle County? All teams Matney has scheduled while at JC.
Also, you stated “Jim Matney is one of the most overrated coaches in High School football” which again shows you lack of intelligence / education. JC was 1-9 in 2003 the year before Coach Matney area stated. Coach Matney record between 2004 through 2010 at JC is 66-20 making the playoff 6 straight years and losing to the eventual state champion 4 of the 6 years. If you personally don’t like Coach Matney that is fine, but not to respect his coaching ability base on the facts just makes you and uneducated Matney hater and you should resign as administrator of this sight.
:eyeroll: :flush::Shaking:
It's "site" not sight. Speaking of "lack of intelligence" :lame:
Well so far PCC is taking the hits and games one at a time..
Can't wait to see the Harlan Co. game.
well I hate to say it..........actually no I dont "I told You so" although I had it closer than it was I called it perfectly pcc wins jude gets his stats which both happened a few people thought I was nuts well I aint........................PCC is for real no doubt about that one beatty is a beast and so is robinson.............good job pcc
Perry County Central will be a force to be reckoned with this year. No doubt about it. When you have built a resume in your first two games, such as beating P-burg and Johnson Central, you are sending a statement out to the rest of the opposition.
BCF4L Wrote:It's "site" not sight. Speaking of "lack of intelligence" :lame:

That may be the all time weakest comback to a post ever. He does bring up some good points in his response to your personal attack on the Johnson Central program and their head coach. I would put Johnson Central's schedule the last three years up against anyone in this half of the state,lord knows they've tried to get your blackcats on the schedule since he came to Johnson Central. Do you still work at Appalachian Wireless? If you do, I'm shocked that one of their employees would come on here and blast a head coach and his team like this,especially after all that Appalachian Wireless does for our schools and community.I know I'm off topic, but how's ole Gerald and Danny doing these days? Please tell them how much we appreciate their support in the Johnson County School district.
Coach Booth Wrote:That may be the all time weakest comback to a post ever. He does bring up some good points in his response to your personal attack on the Johnson Central program and their head coach. I would put Johnson Central's schedule the last three years up against anyone in this half of the state,lord knows they've tried to get your blackcats on the schedule since he came to Johnson Central. Do you still work at Appalachian Wireless? If you do, I'm shocked that one of their employees would come on here and blast a head coach and his team like this,especially after all that Appalachian Wireless does for our schools and community.I know I'm off topic, but how's ole Gerald and Danny doing these days? Please tell them how much we appreciate their support in the Johnson County School district.
I do work for Appalachian Wireless, and I work directly for Danny, but I am allowed to have my own opinions on high school football. Like I said, I'm a fan of Johnson Central. I like seeing Central do well, but I'm not so sure that the style of ball that Matney is playing is ever going to allow Central to make noise come playoff time.

Sure, Central may do well against your local teams, but that's because most local teams use the same coaching methods as Matney, smash-mouth football. If he's ever going to really compete for a state title, he's going to have to broaden his horizons when it comes to play calling. When Central gets down by a couple of scores, you can count Central out of the game due to their lack of a passing game. I'm not saying they have to come out firing from the onset of the game, they just need alternate options in case of emergency situations, just like they had Friday night.

Like I said, I'm not bashing Central as a program, as I'm a supporter of theirs. I just question some of the decisions Matney makes, especially in late game situations.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Perry Central is a... decent team. They are balanced, IMO not that well coached (Yes, they did beat JC). But like I said, IMO.

JC is my team through and through, but we can't pass the ball or defend the pass.

This loss is aggervating, there is no reason PCC should have beat JC. But they did. Every team is gonna have good games and bad games. It's just so happens that JC had a bad game on the same night PCC had a good game.

Time to move on to Clay County.

jc is good perry played bad too if u watched the game pcc just was the better team haha
It's "site" not sight. Speaking of "lack of intelligence"

Typo: that the best you got to offer in your defense of your uneducated post.
Typo: Attacking me grammar and typing skills is the best you have to offer in your defense of the uneducated post you made. That is weak. Come with something with facts or show some knowledge on the subject not just a weak ass opinion.
We all understand what you are trying to say is that if JC had a better passing game we would be more completive against good teams. This theory of your is just that a theory, however, practice experience shows your theory is not true. Many other teams have tried to throw/ throw and rune against Highlands with less success. Over the past 4 years Coach Matney approach be it as is it has been was the best approach against Highland the 5 A class has to offer.
If JC / Coach Matney success is to be judge on beating Highland we will get a grade of F. However, is success is based on logical and factual information such as wins 66 vs. loses 20, pride in the community, having a difficult time in scheduling local teams (Prestonsburg, SC, Pikeville, Lawrence, Letcher Central, etc.), attendance, and student involvement I cannot see anything less than the grade of and A.
I graduate from JC in 1984 and I would guess JC’s wining % prior to Coach Matney area was about 50 % or less. Under Coach Matney JC’s Winning % is 77%. That compares well to the likes of Dudley Hilton, Bell Co. (35) 345-101 77%, Philip Haywood, Belfry (36) 337-119 73% and Walter Brugh, Paintsville (39) 280-136-5 67% all are well respected local hall of KHSAA coaches.
What say you.
:please:
:thatsfunn
Guys from reading all these post all i have to say is Zaga-Fan & Aslan have every right to say what they want. PCC has made a believer out of me. I will be watching them closely the rest of the season.
As far as some saying Jude was shut down, i would have to disagree. 30 carries for 133 yards & 3 TD's only sounds like he was contained.
Yes PCC as athletes all over the field. The fastest overall team i've seen in the mountains. P'burg has a lot of speed all over the field, but not the speed PCC has.
Great game & great win PCC. You did beat 2 very good teams the past 2 weeks & deserve much earned respect. It only looks better for the mountain teams.
Good luck the rest of the season to both teams.
Now Zaga-Fan & Aslan you may carry on.
Has Jim Matney ever won a state championship? Just curious. I really don't know the answer?
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Guys from reading all these post all i have to say is Zaga-Fan & Aslan have every right to say what they want. PCC has made a believer out of me. I will be watching them closely the rest of the season.
As far as some saying Jude was shut down, i would have to disagree. 30 carries for 133 yards & 3 TD's only sounds like he was contained.
Yes PCC as athletes all over the field. The fastest overall team i've seen in the mountains. P'burg has a lot of speed all over the field, but not the speed PCC has.
Great game & great win PCC. You did beat 2 very good teams the past 2 weeks & deserve much earned respect. It only looks better for the mountain teams.
Oh Lord, the crap is about to get deep in here now.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:This was one of the best games ive seen in a while. Ive went back and watched it on ihigh a few times now. Great game all around. I really expected Matney to make better adjustments at the half, but it just didnt happen. Great job by the young Haddix and staff.

Perry Centrals speed is unbelievable. They have a great core of receivers/skill players. #4 Beatty broke several BIG plays. I assume he had over 200 yards. They really turned things around from all the drops and missed opportunitys from last week.

The defense played GREAT. Loading 9 in the box all night just daring JC to throw, but they couldnt do it. The Robinson kid is the real deal. He was everywhere. Anytime you hold the beast of an athlete Jude under 150 yards your playing great D.

Cant wait to see how they handle success. They have to stay hungry for another big win this week instead of letting this week go to their heads.

Did you not see the pburg game?
Brandon40403 Wrote:Did you not see the pburg game?

Yes, but Perry had about 15 drops. A few blown coverage's to allow big gains/scores, LOADS of penalty's something like 125 yards? They didnt play no where as good as they did against Johnson. The pburg game was VERY sloppy. They were very lucky to come out with a win against PBurg.

Against Johnson I only remember one drop, and zero broken assignments. How many 10+ yards runs did Jude have? Not many. Yes they got 2 big wins, but IMO they played no where the same against the 2 teams. If they catch all their passes against PBurg they beat them by more than 2 scores.
BCF4L Wrote:Oh Lord, the crap is about to get deep in here now.

[Image:

]
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Guys from reading all these post all i have to say is Zaga-Fan & Aslan have every right to say what they want. PCC has made a believer out of me. I will be watching them closely the rest of the season.

Beautiful post.
It's unfortunate for JC that Highlands stood in the way of probably 3 state titles in the last 3 yrs. Their offense works just fine against most teams from Ky. Highlands is not your typical Ky. team. All of 4a will have it tough this year including the Birds. JC's offense commands respect loss or not. As for the program and it's staff.....no comment.:dontthink
can't wait for this game!!!! :popcorn:TongueirateSho
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:It's unfortunate for JC that Highlands stood in the way of probably 3 state titles in the last 3 yrs. Their offense works just fine against most teams from Ky. Highlands is not your typical Ky. team. All of 4a will have it tough this year including the Birds. JC's offense commands respect loss or not. As for the program and it's staff.....no comment.:dontthink

How many people on the Johnson Central staff have you actually met?
BCF4L Wrote:It's "site" not sight. Speaking of "lack of intelligence" :lame:

It is getting a little clearer now. Admin.??????? Credibility!!!!!!!!!! It might just be the new kid on the block thing. That's ok but we are going from F-ball to G/P. There "ain't" nothing wrong with that either.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next