Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
42.97%
Johnson Central
57.03%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central 11/19
This Bell thing is off topic and shouldn't be discussed, however, trust me man Bell would have beaten Highlands in 08, I actually seen both of them play.

If you want to start a new thread on who would have won between Bell/Highlands in any year, your'e more than welcome to start it, just create a new thread.

BTW, im sure the Bell County fans would love to post in that one

agreed, we scrimmaged bell in 08 and got beat by highlands in 08, highlands seemed alot better but thats the difference in pre-season and post season. But back on topic i watch some more highlands film today from the 1st ryle game...I like JC's chances.Notcied HHS didnt have the size or depth they have had in the past couple go-rounds
highlands by 14
Just want to say good luck to the Eagles on Friday night. I hope the fans are as loud as they were against COVCATH.I think it boosts the players confidence. GO EAGLES!!!!!!
Johnson Central falls a little short. Highlands-22-16
eaglefan98 Wrote:Just want to say good luck to the Eagles on Friday night. I hope the fans are as loud as they were against COVCATH.I think it boosts the players confidence. GO EAGLES!!!!!!

I'm hoping for more, and louder. For a game like this, it should be the biggest, loudest, rowdiest (in a good way, of course) crowd ever in this stadium. Even bigger than 2006, since the new stadium holds more people.

Should be, of course, doesn't always mean it will be.
Looking foreward to a knock down/ drag out! Stay focused Eagles....I wish that I could strap em back on and get another chance at those Bluebirds, but I cant. I'll be there on the sidelines with y'all. No Mistakes!
:Cheerlead Let's Go EAGLES!!!!
Johnson County Believes!!!
Highlands by 12
I'm really just trying to help get this thread up to 10 pages by game time. Instead of guessing the final score, I'll start the over/under predictions on total points. I'm going with 59.
No one beats Highlands in this part of the state.
kypecos Wrote:I'm really just trying to help get this thread up to 10 pages by game time. Instead of guessing the final score, I'll start the over/under predictions on total points. I'm going with 59.

LOL :Thumbs:
I know Highlands is 55-2 in their last 57 games (including 3 straight state titles), but according to the majority of the predictions, it's too much to beat Johnson Central. Darn. I thought Highlands had a chance. Guess not.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I know Highlands is 55-2 in their last 57 games (including 3 straight state titles), but according to the majority of the predictions, it's too much to beat Johnson Central. Darn. I thought Highlands had a chance. Guess not.

Every team has a down year, and it looks like this year is Highlands.
kypecos Wrote:I'm really just trying to help get this thread up to 10 pages by game time. Instead of guessing the final score, I'll start the over/under predictions on total points. I'm going with 59.

I assume with the 59 you're referring to the Over/Under on Highlands only right?
Wideleft01 Wrote:I know Highlands is 55-2 in their last 57 games (including 3 straight state titles), but according to the majority of the predictions, it's too much to beat Johnson Central. Darn. I thought Highlands had a chance. Guess not.

It's easy to throw history into the conversation, but this is the playoffs. The last 2 meetings between these teams has been some pretty darn good games. I think Highlands definately sees JC as a threat this year more than the past couple.

It's the playoffs partner...anything can happen. :Thumbs:
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that with Jude, Johnson Central has a legitamte shot at winning this game! Should be an intense and high scoring game not really sure what the score would be in this one. I will have to ponder on that thought for a while and post it later!

GO GOLDEN EAGLES !!!

I have thought about it and I look for these to be more of a defensive game than anything else! I think the Golden Eagles win this in a very close game!

Johnson Central - 21

Highlands - 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It would be quite an accomplishment for Johnson Central to hold Highlands to 20 points, as it would also be an accomplishment for Highlands to hold JC to 3 TDs. Looking for a higher scoring affair in this one.
JC in a very close & tough fought win. 28-27. Good luck Eagles. O-line open them holes like you have all season & let the greatest RB in the state blow'em up. Will be a great game would love to be there, but i'll be in Corbin this week. Hope both teams come out of this game healthy no matter the outcome.
Highlands by 3 td's
I sure hope Fort Thomas wins but Johnson Central appears to be a worthy opponent this year.
Im curious too see if Highlands can stop JJ Jude!!! They have ONLY be given up 90 rushing yards per game...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im curious too see if Highlands can stop JJ Jude!!! They have ONLY be given up 90 rushing yards per game...

Will find out soon enough. From reading through the thread, it appears as though the Birds have no shot :dontthink. The Birds will be ready, Dale will make sure of that. Hopefully they can keep it competitive :eyeroll:.

Go Birds...Beat Golden Eagles!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im curious too see if Highlands can stop JJ Jude!!! They have ONLY be given up 90 rushing yards per game...

Bell. How many yards did jude have against Bell?
Keyplayer Wrote:Will find out soon enough. From reading through the thread, it appears as though the Birds have no shot :dontthink. The Birds will be ready, Dale will make sure of that. Hopefully they can keep it competitive :eyeroll:.

Just realize, NONE of the people making these (sometimes outlandish) predictions and statements are Johnson Central fans. In fact, it's mostly other NKY schools' fans hatin' on y'all.

Highlands is still the PROHIBITIVE favorite in this game, and we all know it. PROHIBITIVE. I'm realistic. I realize this is our best shot in the last three years to pull the upset and I believe we can compete, but that means the point spread is only maybe 10 or 11 this season instead of the usual 26 or 28. Those jerseys still say Highlands, after all. 5A is still theirs until somebody takes it away.

If we beat HHS in the playoffs, in my book, it's the upset of the decade, the biggest win in school history period, and I'm going to burn a couch in celebration. Nothing but respect here. So just realize your bulletin board material isn't coming from Johnson County.
This is the game of the year, couldn't ask for 2 better teams than these 2 to play for the regional championship game even though IMO it will be the State Championship game and as well as many others right here in the Mountains once again. I do believe that this game will be decided by mistakes and penalties. Both offenses are armed and very dangerous but both very different from each other. I look for the Eagles win this game by touchdown and live to play another week. Good Luck boys play your hearts out!
bac2369 Wrote:Bell. How many yards did jude have against Bell?

Well on Maxpreps it says he had 201 yards against us. There is no possible way.

KHSAA says Bell Co ONLY gave up 175 rushing yards total in that game.

I think when the Varsity D went out with 7 min left in the game Jude had around 70-75 yards and (0) TD's.
One thing I will mention in comparison to last years game at Fort Thomas. I hope the radio broadcast team from Highlands enjoys their nice warm accomodations in our press box. Best I recall, without warning ,the JC radio team basicly had to move right at gametime last year, interrupting their opening kickoff coverage. You would think that such a storied program would be able to accomodate their visiting press corps with more than a slightly better than lawn chair setup, out in the weather, right at the last moment.

Everything else has been worn out in this thread. Thought I would spice it up just a tad.:biggrin:

:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:One thing I will mention in comparison to last years game at Fort Thomas. I hope the radio broadcast team from Highlands enjoys their nice warm accomodations in our press box. Best I recall, without warning ,the JC radio team basicly had to move right at gametime last year, interrupting their opening kickoff coverage. You would think that such a storied program would be able to accomodate their visiting press corps with more than a slightly better than lawn chair setup, out in the weather, right at the last moment.

Everything else has been worn out in this thread. Thought I would spice it up just a tad.:biggrin:

:eyeroll::zzz:

That is a glaring stat few are speaking of. It's not like Highlands plays cupcake city either. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. :Thumbs:
Bob Seger Wrote:One thing I will mention in comparison to last years game at Fort Thomas. I hope the radio broadcast team from Highlands enjoys their nice warm accomodations in our press box. Best I recall, without warning ,the JC radio team basicly had to move right at gametime last year, interrupting their opening kickoff coverage. You would think that such a storied program would be able to accomodate their visiting press corps with more than a slightly better than lawn chair setup, out in the weather, right at the last moment.

Our own broadcasting team doesn't get set up in the press box; it's too small. Would be nice if we got a bunch of state money and could afford a bigger, nicer press box, but we don't. The SEEK formula isn't very kind to Highlands. A large portion of privately raised dollars went into the recent renovation of the educational facilities which take precedence over the athletic facilities (and should). Heck, against Dixie this year our crew had to broadcast from behind one endzone at field level (no room in the press box) and against Ryle this year, they weren't able to broadcast at all due to the lack of space. Things like this happen and if that gets folks all lathered up, they either must not have real problems in their lives or they are looking for something to complain about.

If I recall properly, your broadcast crew got moved to the same area that members of our Education Foundation (who pay at least $500 a year) were sitting, so it's not like it was some shabby area. The area is covered and there are heaters present. If your idea of wrought iron chairs is a lawn chair, you must really live high on the hog.

I will agree that it was unfortunate that the move was done at the last moment, and for that I apologize. The guy in charge of stadium administration that night made a mistake and originally set your crew up in an area they weren't supposed to be in, which wasn't realized until right before game time.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next