Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands @ Johnson Central 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thoughts/Predictions?
I'm not even going to predict a score, I just hope the Golden Eagles pull it off @ home. Go JC!
It depends on turnovers or who can get a stop. I don't think it will be a defensive struggle. Just watched Covcath gashing the Johnson Central defense. However, Covcath couldn't even slow down Jude. The game comes down to Jude vs Highlands defense.
I was reviewing the Blue Birds schedule for it to be so much more difficult(according to the little blue birds chirping) than JC it hard to believe only Ryle & Beechwood is left in the playoff. JC had Breathitt County, Bell County, Belfry, Knox County and Boyle County. Just that that was interesting.
Johnson Central dominates on the ground once again.

JC-28 HHS-21
the Johnson Central Golden Judes pull this one off at home... Good Luck JC!!!
For me the big wildcard is going to be the health of Patrick Towles. If he plays for Highlands it may be a long night.
EAGLES and Jude get the win!!!!
Wideleft01 Wrote:It depends on turnovers or who can get a stop. I don't think it will be a defensive struggle. Just watched Covcath gashing the Johnson Central defense. However, Covcath couldn't even slow down Jude. The game comes down to Jude vs Highlands defense.

And the thing that makes Jude even more impressive tonight was that CovCath had to be keying on him on every play.

Gashing? If your talking about the first half , perhaps. The second half they were held to 5 for 17 on passing attempts and 95 yards of total offense.
JCHS05 Wrote:For me the big wildcard is going to be the health of Patrick Towles. If he plays for Highlands it may be a long night.
I hope that Towles is okay and is able to play at 100 percent. I would hate for JC to squeak by Highlands without Towles and listen to the excuses for the loss for the rest of time. I also hate to see any kid get knocked out of the playoffs because of an injury.
What happened to Towles?
Bob Seger Wrote:What happened to Towles?
He went out of the game with an injury but I don't know any details.
Well, I'm hoping for a JC win. Hope Jude has some gas left in the tank... Good luck!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:He went out of the game with an injury but I don't know any details.

Did I read somewhere that Towles is Jim Bunning's grandson?
Bob Seger Wrote:Did I read somewhere that Towles is Jim Bunning's grandson?
You're right. I had not heard that before but I just looked it up.
Not going to predict a score, hopes Jude and company can pull it out.
it should be a good game us being so inferior to northern KY AND ALL . our defence stepped up when it needed to . good luck next week HIGHLANDS you'll need it . we are the real deal don't over look us . thats suprising us being so inferior to northen KENTUCKY football.....
Hoot Gibson Wrote:He went out of the game with an injury but I don't know any details.

Bob Seger Wrote:What happened to Towles?

He turned his ankle while being tackled. He should be good to go next Friday and would have returned if he was needed, The backup QB Donovan McCoy was amazing in relief of Towles.
eagle8966 Wrote:it should be a good game us being so inferior to northern KY AND ALL . our defence stepped up when it needed to . good luck next week HIGHLANDS you'll need it . we are the real deal don't over look us . thats suprising us being so inferior to northen KENTUCKY football.....

Highlands will be ready for the game. Jude is a stout back and Highlands will need to have their A game. Coach Mueller overlooks no one.
horst muhlmann Wrote:highlands will be ready for the game. Jude is a stout back and highlands will need to have their a game. Coach mueller overlooks no one.

good luck...
horst muhlmann Wrote:He turned his ankle while being tackled. He should be good to go next Friday and would have returned if he was needed, The backup QB Donovan McCoy was amazing in relief of Towles.

McCoy had an amazing game tonight;that is why Towels did not return(no need to take a chance to hurt the ankle anymore).
I love JC but I hope Highlands wins because all the whining they do when they lose is unbearable....

Just kidding go JC...
JC
Without a doubt, Highlands and other Northern Kentucky fans will say that there is now way that Johnson Central can beat Highlands nor ever will. I have always said that Johnson Central can and WILL one day beat Highlands. Is this the year. Who knows? That is why come Friday night, we will play the game. Eagles, prepare and work hard this week in practice. I am proud of your guys. GO EAGLES.
I read where Ritter for Cov. Cath. was ejected from the game early. If that is true , that is a huge loss to the Cov. Cath. D.
tradition Wrote:I read where Ritter for Cov. Cath. was ejected from the game early. If that is true , that is a huge loss to the Cov. Cath. D.
In pre-game I noticed Cov Cath working on stripping the ball alot more than I have seen other teams do. A tactic that payed off in the frrst drive of the game causing a JC fumble. Watching at game speed it looked like to me there was a pileup and he was trying to strip Jude of the ball. Just watched the game film and he threw a punch after the play without a doubt. Before he was ejected late in the second quarter, you could tell he was very aggressive and a heck of a player.
THOMCAT Wrote:Without a doubt, Highlands and other Northern Kentucky fans will say that there is now way that Johnson Central can beat Highlands nor ever will. I have always said that Johnson Central can and WILL one day beat Highlands. Is this the year. Who knows? That is why come Friday night, we will play the game. Eagles, prepare and work hard this week in practice. I am proud of your guys. GO EAGLES.

I know several Highlands posters who have a great deal of respect for what JC has been able to do over the last few years. I think Coach Matney would love to have the run of state championships that Highlands has had recently. I would think that objectively speaking, there would be mutual respect.

It should be a great game come Friday night, with contrasting styles.
This is the year to get the NKY monkey off the Eagles wings.

JC 29 HHS 28

FB and QB will have a big game for JC running the ball.
How is all that CROW tasting up north this fine morning! you still might have to much JOHNSONVILLE in the o'll belly :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:This is the year to get the NKY monkey off the Eagles wings.

JC 29 HHS 28

FB and QB will have a big game for JC running the ball.

Much as I hate to say it, I think you're right. :HitWall: Highlands will be coming into this game hurting badly. They'll likely be without their most effective running back, the two best linebackers, and possibly their starting quarterback. After hearing what Jude did to CovCath last night, I have a hard time believing that the Birds will be able to limit the damage he causes. He seems to get better as the game goes on. I'll be looking forward to seeing him whatever the case may be. Uphill battle for Highlands. They're going to need to limit the mistakes and hope that JC makes a few of their own. Whatever the case, very good chance that this is for all the marbles. I just don't see the west bringing anything to the party in Bowling Green.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10