•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2014
1 It just came open the other day.

2 I think it's already a done deal.
So you think it's a done deal? Do you think its an inside or outside hire?
It could be any of 3 I believe. Just don't think Sean went into this blind. Only my opinion.
The position will have to be posted for 30 days before they can officially hire anyone.
Officially being the key word.
Im hearing that a decision has been made. But for the life of me cant get any more info than that. With them waiting this long to make the move, releasing McGlone, one has to think it that wouldnt happen with out a leg to stand on. Fairview's question has been answered, it's looking like Belcher will be eligible for Paintsville next season, all that's left is Russell's coach and what Raceland's goina do to replace the line. Outside of what Ashland looks like, in reference to what (if any) more Ironton or Fairview kids end up there, NEKY Football is begenning to take shape.
I don't think he had someone before he pulled the trigger. He did offer McGlone one more year. Unless he was gambling on him turning that offer down, was he going to tell his new guy, sorry, wait one more year.
Anybody that knows coach McGlone knows he wasn't going to accept a lame duck year offer. That's not in his nature.
In regards to Ashland, I don't think anyone of merit is coming. The Gobels are rumored but who knows if they can play there. It's a big leap from A to 4A ball, it'll be interesting to see how McPeek handles the change.
What do the Tomkittens have anything to do with this thread?
The Tomkittens just have to get their 2 cents in every thread lol. Weren't the Gobels at Boyd before Fairview anyway?
I think they were refering to my post regaurding NEKY football.
DevilWatcher Wrote:The Tomkittens just have to get their 2 cents in every thread lol. Weren't the Gobels at Boyd before Fairview anyway?

Yes they were. Tbh though, the only offensive lineman from Fairiew that ai saw last year(watched the Hazard game and the Raceland game), is Roark. McPeek got beat alot by quicker lineman. Roark seemed to have a better first step.
Saw the Gobels dad the other day. We talked for awhile but didn't bring up any Fairview talk or where his sons may go. I like to joke around but I'm sure it's a touchy subject right now.
Agree Roark was the better lineman
^^yet McPeak makes all-state?
I agree, Roark was the better of the two. Im sure colleges see a lot of potential in McPeek but as of right now, he wasn't even the best linemen on his own team. Taking nothing away from him though, I'd take him on my team anyday! Just thought Roark was better.
Cody Mcpeek better upside and one of best potential in state kids to go to Kentucky. Roark is great hs player but doesn't have the athleticism and upside like Mcpeek. College coaches look for upside and he has much higher scale than Roark. Both are great players though good luck to both
Agreed.. McPeek has much bigger upside, I can see why he is getting some D1 looks. College coaches are confident.. they see his size and that he can move, they can teach him everything else. He will be a good college player.
Devils leave for Down and Dirty camp Sunday at EKU. I believe this is the first time they have went to a camp collectively. Been seeing several players in the gyms in the late evenings after practice. Good to see them putting everything they have into this season.
Glad to see it to. Heard one of the young linen who started on d line last year has left the team. Anyone know anything?
Not that I'm aware of but then again I'm not the best at reliable information either. From what I've been told all are still accounted for. Lol
From what I have heard, Raceland's lined suprised alot of people at D&D and their skill guys did even more than they were thought they could do. In actuality, on paper Raceland and Russell dont look a whole lot different. Has Maynard done anything new in the offseason outside of going to Eastern? Team camps? How are the kids adjusting to his offense? Has anyone completely lost it seeing a qb out from under ceter yet? Thats called the shot gu you know!lol really looking foward to what Russell does this year, I think Maynard has roght a fresh breath to te program and will have he kids ready to compete come november.
Russell kids aren't really new to the shot gun. A lot of the Russell JFL (middle school ages) used the shot gun quite frequently. Ivan just never liked taking to the air. Use to say "3 things can happen when you pass and 2 of them are bad" lol. Only saw 2 groups of linemen at the D&D camp. Too spread out to see the whe field. Both Russell and Raceland did well in my opinion but that's coming from what I could see. I do think Hazard stole the show as far as linemen on my 50% of the field. Them and I wanna say Harlan Co? Their schools announced over and over. I did hear Russell won the 7 on 7 tournament so I would say they are adjusting pretty good IMO.
Glad to hear it
Devils are back in the gym. Must be dead period time.
TJ does a good job with strength and conditioning in the off season. How are those things goig at Russell? Do the numbers look any different from years past?
From what I have seen the numbers are as expected. To my knowledge no one has quit or left the team. All the kids are excited. A lot of the kids lifted in past years but not all. I think that's where people may see the difference. Instead of 50% lifting hard you know have 100%. Most are not use to the Olympic style workouts but are adjusting nicely. The running is probably the biggest shock if any. Russell the past few years have been known for their huffing and puffing during games. I'd say you'll see less of that.
Why did Russell hire TJ Maynard? What has he accomplished? Raceland was solid when he took over and he lost several big games, and at greenup only success was after Garry Mcpeek left him a great team! Just curious why Sean Horne and Sam sparks think he hung the moon? Any ideas folks? # clueless
From what I have seen thus far is TJ is exactly what Russell needed. Only people close to the Russell football orginization would agree. I'm not judging TJ on his game calling skills or games under pressure. I'm looking at what he has done in the off season. Team building and moral has long been part of the problem this past decade. TJ said it best when he said "I'm not saying we will win a lot of games....but I will prepare this team to have it's best chance of winning the games"
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next