•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Betsy Layne Bobcats
they will be alright next year but im not a hundred persent sure about the playoffs yet
who is the coach at sv coming to bl

I am sure coach b can tell us more if he is willing to do it
are you sure you would want any of them coach b
I am open to any coach coming to Betsy Layne. I'd like to have 8 or 9 coaches working with me. Shelby Valley has some good coaches and my door is open. Who did you hear is coming, so I can get prepared?
Insight Wrote:who is the coach at sv coming to bl

I am sure coach b can tell us more if he is willing to do it
are you sure you would want any of them coach b
Coach B, you should be happy with the best unknown assistant coach in the state. Talking about parsons!!!!!

Coach you are going to have to give him a little cred for the "body by Branham" he did help....

(hahaha inside joke)
Maybe saunhampie or comeflyme can help you with that one--they are both from SV

The only two I know of is Sanders and Hampton--I think Sanders is the head coach and Hampton(might be Hamilton) is assistant.....They had some other young guys but I don't know there names

Those two seem extremely aggressive ----I don't know if either would be good assistants for anyone
Parsons is the Man
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Coach B, you should be happy with the best unknown assistant coach in the state. Talking about parsons!!!!!

Coach you are going to have to give him a little cred for the "body by Branham" he did help....

(hahaha inside joke)
Do you know Coach if that talented bunch of 8th Graders from Betsy Layne are coming to Betsy Layne next year. I heard from someone that Kasey Adkins had been coming to a few summer practices or maybe some other boys. That's a good class though, we need to keep those boys together. They could be special by the time they are Juniors and Seniors. IMO
Yes, that is a talented group of young men. BTW, we have about nine 8th graders from BL, Allen and Stumbo lifting with us daily. Well, not this week or next week due to CATS testing. Casey is benching close to 200 lbs. right now. Shoot, they are all special now and I believe they like the direction that the program is heading, so we all will be BOBCATS for awhile!!:letsparty
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Do you know Coach if that talented bunch of 8th Graders from Betsy Layne are coming to Betsy Layne next year. I heard from someone that Kasey Adkins had been coming to a few summer practices or maybe some other boys. That's a good class though, we need to keep those boys together. They could be special by the time they are Juniors and Seniors. IMO
Willie Meade will be volunteering as an assistant coach this year for us. I feel that he will be a very good asset to the program.:Thumbs:
CoachB Wrote:Willie Meade will be volunteering as an assistant coach this year for us. I feel that he will be a very good asset to the program.:Thumbs:
Is Samuel Keathley gonna play next year? I know there's some relation between him and Willie, if it's the same Willie I'm thinking about.
No, I don't think that Samuel will be playing. But, yes there is a relationship there... brother-in-law.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Is Samuel Keathley gonna play next year? I know there's some relation between him and Willie, if it's the same Willie I'm thinking about.
CoachB Wrote:Parsons is the Man
LMAO ON THIS ONE!!!!!
I heard yesterday that both of the coaches at SV were canned. so which one is coming to th e bobcats. Let us know coach because I am sure yuou know. What do they bring to a team that will help and will they actulally help or not
To my knowledge, we have no teaching spots. Saunders teaches drivers ed. and Hampton teaches Health and PE. We have no D.E. car nor is it on our schedule next year. Mr. Tackett is out PE teacher, so I see no open spots. That's all that I can say. Sorry
Insight Wrote:I heard yesterday that both of the coaches at SV were canned. so which one is coming to th e bobcats. Let us know coach because I am sure yuou know. What do they bring to a team that will help and will they actulally help or not
I have a hard time understanding why schools with relatively the same enrollment as local rivals cannot field a decent product.

I don't want to come off as demeaning. I pull for struggling schools like Besty Lane and Powell Co, etc.

I have heard the arguments: No administration support, no community support, etc.

I guess I just feel like these are things that can be overcome.

When I was in 7th grade playing for Varney Elementary, we ran Belfry's offense ( this was mid 90's) and when preparing for the championship game, we were visited by Coaches on the Belfry staff. They came every year to encourage us and provided busing to get us to come work out. It felt awesome. We all wanted to wear that red jersey.

I realize things don't turn around in a day, but IMO it starts with the YOUTH. If you get to them, and their parents to some extent, you turn the tide.
That is exactly what I have tried this year at Betsy Layne. I believe that it is working, as we have about 11 or 12 eighth graders lifting three days a week. Or at least that is what I am hoping. I do have the support of my administration, they are great to work for!!!
LovetheBucs Wrote:I have a hard time understanding why schools with relatively the same enrollment as local rivals cannot field a decent product.

I don't want to come off as demeaning. I pull for struggling schools like Besty Lane and Powell Co, etc.

I have heard the arguments: No administration support, no community support, etc.

I guess I just feel like these are things that can be overcome.

When I was in 7th grade playing for Varney Elementary, we ran Belfry's offense ( this was mid 90's) and when preparing for the championship game, we were visited by Coaches on the Belfry staff. They came every year to encourage us and provided busing to get us to come work out. It felt awesome. We all wanted to wear that red jersey.

I realize things don't turn around in a day, but IMO it starts with the YOUTH. If you get to them, and their parents to some extent, you turn the tide.
Betsy Lane Will Never Ever Beat South Floyd Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe they will get lucky in Football like Pburg did in basketball.
Remember you didn't think Pburg could take SF. With some good luck & Refs (haha) like Pburg had anything could happen.
Coach B I heard you was headed for East Ridge
There you go again Pistol. First Phelps, then Shelby Valley, now East Ridge. Let me guess next is Pike Central and then look out Coach Haywood. LOL
The_Pistol Wrote:Coach B I heard you was headed for East Ridge
So is that a yes or a no Coach B. You are the only one who can put these rumors to bed. So where will you be coaching this year.
I have heard so many rumors about me coaching this year, I am going to let you guys ponder for a while. I heard on while I was have having my booster club meeting last Tuesday at Betsy Layne. A member told me that they were told that I had called the meeting to resign and tell everyone that I was going to Shelby Valley.
bigpun Wrote:So is that a yes or a no Coach B. You are the only one who can put these rumors to bed. So where will you be coaching this year.
CoachB Wrote:There you go again Pistol. First Phelps, then Shelby Valley, now East Ridge. Let me guess next is Pike Central and then look out Coach Haywood. LOL
NO. A COORDINATOR JOB FOR YOU AT BELFRY WOULD BE OUT OF THE QUESTION.:dontthink :thatsfunn
CoachB Wrote:I have heard so many rumors about me coaching this year, I am going to let you guys ponder for a while. I heard on while I was have having my booster club meeting last Tuesday at Betsy Layne. A member told me that they were told that I had called the meeting to resign and tell everyone that I was going to Shelby Valley.
Believe me, We're all so worried about what coach B is gonna do LMAO:thatsfunn
So I gueass coach B is kinda in the same catagory as Billy Donavan except Donavan won games.
You have to give him more than one year to judge him. I'm not saying he is going to win more than a game or two, three at the most. But give him time to see if he has what it takes to turn BL around. Good luck coach because you are going to need it.
So why did you stop practicing coach? Another coach told me you had your bags packed for ER as well?????
Someone else wants Coach B's job at BL so this is where all the rumors are comming from. Whoever it is that wants his job has even tried to turn his players against him.

Phelps did try to get him even with a raise and he said no. Roger Wagner (Pike Co Super.) even called him.

All the other stuff is to cause problems.
He will be at BL with just a few different guys helping than last year.
Let him do what he wants to do. Is it so bad that if he did think about going somewhere else to weigh his decisions? If you were offered another job for more money, would you think about it? OF COURSE YOU WOULD! Get off Coach B's back people! As good as a guy as you will find ANYWHERE!
when besty lane plays powell, theyll get murdered....the only reason they beat powell last year is because of a blown call. that guy was still in bounds when bill laid him out. they jus felt srry for them casue they suck. but good luck next season. casue u all need it when u play powell.
Powell has a football team?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next