•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 34 Lawrence County 19
Bob Seger Wrote:The 4 biggest examples of hatred and bashing of kids I have ever seen. Get ready for the wrath of the faithful.:biggrin:
Your just trying to get folks riled up aren't ya.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Belfry should have put this game away by half time with any line up they had. LC or any team for that matter is not in the same class as Belfry. They are by far and away a dynasty and have been for many years. It is something that most likely will never be equaled by any team east of Lexington. They already hold every record for eastern ky teams in their class. When you play Belfry you are playing a PROFESSIONAL team. LC players for at least a few minutes of their career were in the game. If this is not a moral victory I do not know what is. I do not understand why people would try to deny kids a few moments of thinking they were overachieving. Is that not what sports are about? Endeavor to persevere. Hard work yields positive results. It's not whether you win or lose, but how YOU play. And then for Belfry fans to accuse LC players of assaulting them with ink pens is not only out of character for Belfry but may result in serious consequences. Regardless of what actually happened an accusation was made and that starts a process in todays society. If it is determined that it was a false accusation that will start another process.

:HitWall: Nevermind!:igiveup:
skully03 Wrote:Your just trying to get folks riled up aren't ya.

Just making note of the hypocrisy of it. I don't say anything even remotely close to that and I get Bar-B-Qued. All I did was just point out stats and they go beserk on me.......lol
In the pound Wrote:I've never seen so many excuses to why a team didn't win by more. If these two teams play again I hope and pray all the 50 injured belfry players are healthy. I've lost my respect for the fans who simply just couldn't say it was a good game last night. This is why over half of this site hates the butt hurt pirates.

Bob Seger Wrote:The 4 biggest examples of hatred and bashing of kids I have ever seen. Get ready for the wrath from the faithful.:biggrin:

Lol
BHSPIRATE51-87 Wrote:Whoever plays LC next needs to make sure LC leaves their ink pens in the classroom.
Numerous players said they were getting stabbed by ink pens during the game.
Accusation?
dawgeers Wrote:But it has to be true. It was heard by a Belfry fan at the concession. Right? :please:

I mean I would post RUMORS like that about HIGH SCHOOL kids on message boards every day, and then back it up with "well this person heard it from this person in line at the concession stand" as my reasoning. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Serves what purpose on here other than to taint the effort of the LC players and coaches and to add more excuses "or reasons" why the game was close when we weren't given a chance.

I'm sure if an LC fan posts in a few weeks that while waiting in line at the Belfry concession....well, you can figure out the rest....that nobody will delete the posts or say anything negative towards LC fans for posting that....right? Confusedhh:
Listen, this was mentioned when we got home, (from a post on here I might add, post 22 to be exact) after Skully03 read this to me, I told him while at the concession stand, I over heard two LC students talking about what some of the boys had told them. That's all that was said, and to be honest I blew it off! I never talked to these boys, I wasn't worried about it! I agree with Crossbones, the boy could've landed on it, I don't know, we don't know! It's just funny that it was mentioned and overheard! But I'll tell you this!!! I was not the only person to hear it, cause more people started talking about it!

As far as the game goes! LC came to play, Coach Haywood and staff had to make adjustments, in the end, Belfry came out on top! It took a lot of effort and team play to do that. The way I first saw the game, was Belfry was beat! LC has a good team! I'll give them credit! I won't deny them that! However, Belfry came out a different team 2nd half, I'm sure the locker room was not a great place to be at halftime! As Coach Haywood would say, we are growing as a team, there is always room for improvement! That's exactly what we will work on!!!

Best of luck LC!!!
I just try to give some analysis of the LC team I saw in relation to Belfry and how the Dawgs might do in a rematch. LC fans need to quit worrying so much about Belfry and continue to help build a program that is based on overall excellence, and if someday their program surpasses Belfry's then so be it. I know one thing. It won't be solved by chatter on BGR.
skully03 Wrote:Just read this post to the Mrs. and she said when she went to the concession she overheard LC fans talking about this. Said players were talking about it in class today.
Hearsay accusation.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Belfry should have put this game away by half time with any line up they had. LC or any team for that matter is not in the same class as Belfry. They are by far and away a dynasty and have been for many years. It is something that most likely will never be equaled by any team east of Lexington. They already hold every record for eastern ky teams in their class. When you play Belfry you are playing a PROFESSIONAL team. LC players for at least a few minutes of their career were in the game. If this is not a moral victory I do not know what is. I do not understand why people would try to deny kids a few moments of thinking they were overachieving. Is that not what sports are about? Endeavor to persevere. Hard work yields positive results. It's not whether you win or lose, but how YOU play. And then for Belfry fans to accuse LC players of assaulting them with ink pens is not only out of character for Belfry but may result in serious consequences. Regardless of what actually happened an accusation was made and that starts a process in todays society. If it is determined that it was a false accusation that will start another process.

By far the greatest overreaction post in the history of BGR. Got a lawyer yet? Give it a break.
mrs.skully02 Wrote:Listen, this was mentioned when we got home, (from a post on here I might add, post 22 to be exact) after Skully03 read this to me, I told him while at the concession stand, I over heard two LC students talking about what some of the boys had told them. That's all that was said, and to be honest I blew it off! I never talked to these boys, I wasn't worried about it! I agree with Crossbones, the boy could've landed on it, I don't know, we don't know! It's just funny that it was mentioned and overheard! But I'll tell you this!!! I was not the only person to hear it, cause more people started talking about it!

As far as the game goes! LC came to play, Coach Haywood and staff had to make adjustments, in the end, Belfry came out on top! It took a lot of effort and team play to do that. The way I first saw the game, was Belfry was beat! LC has a good team! I'll give them credit! I won't deny them that! However, Belfry came out a different team 2nd half, I'm sure the locker room was not a great place to be at halftime! As Coach Haywood would say, we are growing as a team, there is always room for improvement! That's exactly what we will work on!!!

Best of luck LC!!!
That's pretty much a Haywood coached team though isn't it?..Is there anybody any better at making 2nd half adjustments?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Feel free to drop them wherever so you choose.

Winning by two TDs on the road with essentially a completely different backfield (save hatfield) than what you opened the season with and overcoming 3 lost fumbles on your side of the field is not a bad win though?

I don't see anyone claiming that the underdog in this case was just as good as the highly favorited team though do you?
Confusedhh:

Haha.... I see you got my point. Smile
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Hearsay accusation.
There is no accusation in that post anywhere. All I see is stating what was being talked about. again, go back and look on the very first page. And see where the accusation came from.
What are the odds of hearing the same story from two different people anyway.

:popcorn:
:hilarious:
Is this a courtroom now? You're out of order, no you're out of order.... You want the truth? You can't handle the truth Confusednicker:
Objection!!!!!!!! OVERRULED!!!!!!!!
Oh Geez. Now he thinks he's Jack Nickelson!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh Geez. Now he thinks he's Jack Nickelson!!

Confusednicker:
Hey, we're just "A Few Good Men" here. Lol.
bucslover68 Wrote:By far the greatest overreaction post in the history of BGR. Got a lawyer yet? Give it a break.
No different from a threat on any social media. Schools must take all threats/ accusations, whether implied or actual seriously.
Because someone makes an accusation it causes someone else to react. Todays society. There are 2 possibilities. Ink pen had been on field (most likely) or it was brought on field as a weapon as a preplanned attack as evidenced by the conversation at the concession stand. It would be an unbelievable coincidence that these two scenarios would come together. Now, we have one poster claiming several Belfry players were stabbed by an ink pen. We have another poster claiming 1 player fell on ink pen. And then we have a poster claiming their wife overheard other people claiming this was a an overheard plan at SCHOOL. This should have been reported immediately to LC officials. Is that something that folks in Pike County think is normal? Think about this: does anybody want any player on any team bringing a weapon to a game? Very serious. I would hope that anyone that had information about this before a game would come forward. I would now say that anyone that has information about this, it would be in their best interest to come forward. No matter what you may think of me a very serious accusation was made against unknown LC players.
Very proud of how the Pirate Coaching staff made adjustments for the second half of this game. LC has some very athletic kids on their team and I like the atmosphere at their school too, it reminds me a lot of CAM with the packed out bleachers.

Austin Hatfield is a Locomotive coming through that line!! Rayquan Horton had a huge game, as previously stated. But, I wanted to bring up a few others who had some big moments of their own last night! Nate Sanger was right there with RayRay on those sacks and tackles. Caleb Elkins played a very good game and he had a BIG sack as well, and let's not forget those o-line and d-line monsters. There were some new jerseys on the field playing for some of the injured and really pulled together, especially the second half. Great job boys!

Now, as far as the pen incident of '14, as Crossbones previously stated, there was a pen on the field, it did stick a Belfry player, it was handed to the ref, the ref did address it with the coaches, but it was evidently a one time incident because it wasn't addresses again.
Good luck with that Matlock!:eyeroll: I never claimed anything. I said "could have fell on it". Reading comprehension. And, or, could, should, would all very open ended words. Heck, for all I know, he could have been poked by a player, He could have poked himself, He could have rolled over a coach and it fell off clipboard, A fan could have throwed it at him, His dog could have been trying to retrieve it for him, Heck, it could have fell out of Matlock's pocket for all I know. :eyeroll: I could have went on and on.:eyeroll:

This meant for Dawgbyte
I've spoken to my lawyer, just make sure you say "alleged pen incident" from now on? Haha
Pirate Pal Wrote:Very proud of how the Pirate Coaching staff made adjustments for the second half of this game. LC has some very athletic kids on their team and I like the atmosphere at their school too, it reminds me a lot of CAM with the packed out bleachers.

Austin Hatfield is a Locomotive coming through that line!! Rayquan Horton had a huge game, as previously stated. But, I wanted to bring up a few others who had some big moments of their own last night! Nate Sanger was right there with RayRay on those sacks and tackles. Caleb Elkins played a very good game and he had a BIG sack as well, and let's not forget those o-line and d-line monsters. There were some new jerseys on the field playing for some of the injured and really pulled together, especially the second half. Great job boys!

Now, as far as the pen incident of '14, as Crossbones previously stated, there was a pen on the field, it did stick a Belfry player, it was handed to the ref, the ref did address it with the coaches, but it was evidently a one time incident because it wasn't addresses again.
A poster made the statement that "several" Belfry players had been "stabbed". Another poster stated that his wife overheard a conversation at the concession stand that this "ink pen attack" was talked about at school before the game.
These are very serious allegations that go way beyond the norm for any social media site. These allegations have a way of morphing into internet lore. On the other hand if their was "talk at school" about an ink pen before the game then there is a strong possibility that some player carried onto the field. If this is the case then I say cancel the LC season and look at canceling the entire program. Of course any LC player or players involved be kicked out of school and prosecuted to the fullest extent. When there is an accusation there is an outcome.
Crossbones Wrote:Good luck with that Matlock!:eyeroll: I never claimed anything. I said "could have fell on it". Reading comprehension. And, or, could, should, would all very open ended words. Heck, for all I know, he could have been poked by a player, He could have poked himself, He could have rolled over a coach and it fell off clipboard, A fan could have throwed it at him, His dog could have been trying to retrieve it for him, Heck, it could have fell out of Matlock's pocket for all I know. :eyeroll: I could have went on and on.:eyeroll:

This meant for Dawgbyte
Very serious accusations to say "several players stabbed" and then overhear talk about "a plan" and not report it. There is absolutely nothing funny about this.
Dawgbyte, if you feel the need to check in to the situation then by all means go ahead. I'm sure the kids will be up front and truthful with you and tell you if they did it or not. I know when I was 16 I never did anything stupid and never lied about it. But hey, that was just me. I totally agree that it is not funny and is serious. But if you think your going to get to the bottom of it, your wasting your time. Kids do stupid things. Whether it was LC's kids or Belfry's kids. but the truth of it will never be found.
mrs.skully02 Wrote:Listen, this was mentioned when we got home, (from a post on here I might add, post 22 to be exact) after Skully03 read this to me, I told him while at the concession stand, I over heard two LC students talking about what some of the boys had told them. That's all that was said, and to be honest I blew it off! I never talked to these boys, I wasn't worried about it! I agree with Crossbones, the boy could've landed on it, I don't know, we don't know! It's just funny that it was mentioned and overheard! But I'll tell you this!!! I was not the only person to hear it, cause more people started talking about it!

Best of luck LC!!!
Should have been reported to LC or Belfry officials at the time.
irishcard16 Wrote:So 3/4 starting DB's doesn't make a difference in the outcome of a game? So being down to RB's number 7 and 8 on the depth chart doesn't make a difference? All that plus 100 yards in penalties and we still won by 15, bet you if we play again in the playoffs it will NOT be this close! Done with this fanbase once again aside from a few posters who seem knowledgable and reasonable the rest of you unfortunately have proven to be as idiotic as you always have been.

Belfry had 9 penalties for 51 yards lc had 6 penalties for 41 yards.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Should have been reported to LC or Belfry officials at the time.
Well, now that you know about it go ahead and report it to your LC officials. Like you have already been told, I highly doubt that you will get the full story from the students if they think they might be in trouble. Don't get your panties in a wad. Apparently the ones who are claiming to have been stabbed by the pens arent looking much into it. And again I just repeated what was heard. I didn't say that it actually happened.
Belfry0304 Wrote:These Louisans will go through hell and high water for their moral victory.

You better watch you will have a bunch of whiny :Sad04: Bi#tchs go and cry and complain to admin's. Isn't this racism? I take this as racism and I am offended by this. Nothing will be said because it is someone from Belfry or JC. It is Ok because this Old Veteran of the U.S Military is proud of their service and given pansy A$$'$ like those on here the right to say what they do. While there are others that can't. Very disappointed in the Admin's on this site shameful and pitiful.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next