Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 34 Lawrence County 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
After the Belfry M.A.S.H. unit has one of the worst halves in the program's recent history they overcome 3 big turnovers and countless self inflicted penalties to break LC's will in the 2nd Half.

Hatfield runs for 110 yards in the 2nd Half, Corbett played his best game, and Ray Horton went OFF.

Valiant effort by a scrappy LC team who made it ugly..but Belfry prevails.
Belfrey better shore things up and protect the ball. Russell is looking better and better and if South Warren is looking awfull good as well. Imo, :A is wide open.
Congrats to belfry on the win! Proud of the dawgs they battled all night.
BELFRY
Corbett 3/3 100 yds, 63 rushing 2 TD
Hatfield 19 carries, 130 yds, 3 TD
Taylor 9 carries, 65 yds, 2 Fumbles Lost
400 Total Yards
3 Turnovers

LAWRENCE CO
Kiser 10/17 191 yds, 16 rushes, -17 yds, TD
Dalton 4 carries, 37 yds, TD 4 rec, 127 yds, TD
31 carries, 19 Total Rush Yds
210 Total Yds
1 Turnover
Congrats Pirates. Way to hang Dawgs.
Thanks for the updates EKU. Belfry needs to get healthy. 3 of the 4 opening day secondary didn't play in this game.

That is no excuse for all the procedure penalties and fumbles though.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Belfrey better shore things up and protect the ball. Russell is looking better and better and if South Warren is looking awfull good as well. Imo, :A is wide open.

Belfry is completely decimated by injuries and that really was hurting them tonight. Even then..despite one of the single worst halves they have ever played from an execution standpoint they still gain 400 yards and overcome essentially handing LC 2 TD's.

Willis, Catron, and Edwards all should be back by playoffs...
Thoughts:

First of all RAY HORTON :notworthy
Wow... kid single handily took this game over. He literally could not be stopped.

Noah Corbett played a heck of a game and that pass to Wellman changed the entire complexion of this thing before the Half.

Hatfield is the best FB in the state. Period.

Love the 2nd Half defensive play calling by Belfry staff. Pirates had probably 5 or 6 sacks. Outside of one run by Dalton following the fumble they held LC to less than 50 total yards.

Hats off to LC staff for a gameplan to take advantage of Belfry's weaknesses tonight. Great play calls on the long TD pass and the Wildcat run. They made it messy and kept themselves in it.

Dalton is a gamebreaker when he is focused. Kid has a world of potential.

Kiser played his butt off...too much heat in the 2nd Half though.
Congrats Belfry on the win. Lawrence made it a game for a while. Good effort dawgs.
Great game by both teams! Belfry is a classy bunch and Hatfield is as good as advertised. LC is playing a whole lot better and even the Coaching is getting better. I still want to see a Killer Instinct in this Coaching Staff. I got a feeling LC will see Belfry again in a couple of weeks and I would rather win that one than this one.
The dawgs came out playing well but that big offensive line of belfry just wore them down in the 4th quarter. Belfrys quarterback as a canon of a arm,
dawg fan Wrote:The dawgs came out playing well but that big offensive line of belfry just wore them down in the 4th quarter. Belfrys quarterback as a canon of a arm,

Too bad we don't use it just a little more often.
Good win Belfry. :Cheerlead
Congrats to Belfry.
Belfry saves themselves from a thread being created about them and a week of being trolled on BGR. Confusednicker:
As EKU said. One of the worst 1st half of ball I have ever seen. And the drive in the, I believe 2nd quarter when the refs arms were getting tired from throwing the flag. False start after false start. Illegal motion, you name it belfry did it. I believe there was 6 penalties called in that drive alone. Totally stopped what momentum Belfry may have had. Fix the mistakes, stop the penalties and hang on to the ball. Defense was hard to handle and LC just couldn't move the ball on the ground at all. Good game DAWGS!!! Best of luck. Now on to take care of business against the Hawks. Go Pirates.
Belfry you got A hard fought win but you did what you had to do.
The way this game played out really surprised me.
LC is get better ever week need pray for 79 may have a concussion 57 has staph infection 77 is going to see surgeon Monday for his knee hope they get better pray soon
Really enjoyed the game and the entire atmosphere. It was a close game until the 4th and Belfry pulled away playing good ball the only time the entire game. LC seemed worn down in 4th but put up one heck of a fight. Hats off to ya LC team and fans. Very classy bunch IMO. I enjoyed the night at Louisa and you all were great host. If I just had the boat with me and made the short drive out to the lake to catch a few bass, would have been a perfect night. LC has improved since last year and plays with alot of heart. Good to see that. I really enjoyed watching your QB throw the ball, but enjoyed watching Belfry finally putting pressure on him more. With all honestly LC has always played Belfry close and I didn't expect any less tonight. Thanks for a great game!
LCDOG 87 Wrote:LC is get better ever week need pray for 79 may have a concussion 57 has staph infection 77 is going to see surgeon Monday for his knee hope they get better pray soon

Are these injuries from tonight? Prayers sent!
Whoever plays LC next needs to make sure LC leaves their ink pens in the classroom.
Numerous players said they were getting stabbed by ink pens during the game.
I try hotdogs at everyplace I'm able to visit. Please don't bash me for this but your hotdogs need some work. I bought 2, was only able to eat 1.
Good game.nice win pond creek nation, hopefully we can give you guys a good game next week.
BHSPIRATE51-87 Wrote:Whoever plays LC next needs to make sure LC leaves their ink pens in the classroom.
Terrible if true! I'll ask my guy that know a guy about it. Hope it's not true
BHSPIRATE51-87 Wrote:Whoever plays LC next needs to make sure LC leaves their ink pens in the classroom.
Just read this post to the Mrs. and she said when she went to the concession she overheard LC fans talking about this. Said players were talking about it in class today.
The only thing that bothers me is this same time last year we gave Belfry all they wanted for most of the game just like tonight. Belfry had a lot of people out in that game and sometimes I think Haywood likes to keep his kids down to earth but Belfry was playing bad tonight. I think we all know how the second game went last year, it was a completely different Belfry team in that second game and we got our a$$ handed to us. For some reason I don't think that will happen this year. I don't mean any disrespect at all and I'm not trying to trash talk but the last few Belfry teams that I got to see just had this swagger and I don't see it this year. I know the Belfry faithful were very excited about this team and we got to hear a lot of stuff this preseason about how Belfry was going to dominate 3a for the next few years and they just might do that but I can't see this Belfry team dominating anything in 3a. I think we have 2 or 3 teams in 3a this year who can take Belfry out. I believe the X factor that a lot of Belfry people either didn't think about or didn't want to think about was youth. This is a very young Belfry team and they played like it tonight and probably did in the Pikeville game also and that is a very scary thing for all of 3a the next few years. I could be wrong and Belfry could go on and dominate everything they touch and win another championship. Like I said I'm not starting anything, I'm just an outsider looking in who has got to see a lot of Belfry teams and some of those were championship teams and this is just my opinion.

"Really" I got to see this whole game and not one time did I see a Belfry player come out of a pile and act like anything was going on. Not one time did anyone go to a reff and say anything was going on, not one Belfry coach or players. If this did happen then I would be ashamed but I don't believe it and you should not just come on here and spout out hearsay before you have facts!
skully03 Wrote:I try hotdogs at everyplace I'm able to visit. Please don't bash me for this but your hotdogs need some work. I bought 2, was only able to eat 1.

I told everyone stop at the entrance and get some chilli. Will have to try some Belfry food in a couple weeks. :yum:
No just 79 having headache after 1 haft of game 77 has been out 2 week going to dr Monday
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8