Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason 14th Region Predictions.
I predict KCC to make a flurry this year.
I think they will win region for the 2nd time in 3 years..
That is my early prediction..

Buckhorn is a darkhorse team..
PCC is around the top 2-3 for sure.
1.Perry Central
2.Buckhorn
3.Knott Central
4.Hazard
5.Breathitt
6.Letcher Central
7.Cordia
8.Leslie
9.Estill
10.Wolfe
11.Powell
12.Lee
13.Jackon City
14.Jenkins
15.Owlsey
16.JBS ( I'm not sure if they'll have a team or not.)
17.Riverside

This is my final presason rankings.
^I would switch 2 and 3...
I would also switch 6 and 7.
MVP2 Wrote:1.Perry Central
2.Buckhorn
3.Knott Central
4.Hazard
5.Breathitt
6.Letcher Central
7.Cordia
8.Leslie
9.Estill
10.Wolfe
11.Powell
12.Lee
13.Jackon City
14.Jenkins
15.Owlsey
16.JBS ( I'm not sure if they'll have a team or not.)
17.Riverside

This is my final presason rankings.

I'd agree with this. Cordia has a lot to prove to many people in this region. Now I would rank them a head of Letcher but most won't because Cordia has to prove themselves first, and like I have said before they will prove themselves.

I'd switch Jenkins and Jackson City because of they got a few new players this season.

And I would switch Breathitt and hazard around.
ekff Wrote:From what I seen this summer and heard from this summer!!!!

POY: Zach Davis (Knott Central)
COY: Denny Fugate (Breathitt County)

53rd - Knott Central (winner), Letcher Central (runner-up)

54th - Perry Central (winner), Buckhorn (runner-up) ---- if they don't draw each other

55th - Breathitt County (winner), Wolfe County (runner-up)

56th - Powell County (winner), Lee County (runner-up)

14th Regional Champs - Buckhorn Wildcats

1) Perry Central
2) Knott Central
3) Buchkorn
4) Hazard
5) Breahitt County

Look at my pick from this summer....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballers Wrote:Here is mine...

1. Perry Central
2. Buckhorn
3. Knott Central
4. Breathitt
5. Cordia (for now)

Hazard has a few rabbits they can pull out of a hat. But I'm not going to put much stock in them until I see them play this year.

Jordan Olinger and the big guy that can rip it off will do well for them this year.

I love your Basketball mind!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:I know it is a couple of months away from Oct. but lets get some 14th basketball talk going.

I've picked 2 of the last 3 regional champs.

2009--My pick--Knott (wrong)
2010 -Knott
2011-Perry

My picks for this upcoming season.

POY-Matt Day
COY-Denny Fugate

53rd District-Letcher Central (Will finally win a district since Justice left.)
54th- (Will have the top 3 teams in this region, only one can win. I'm taking the Hazard Bulldogs.)
55th-Breathitt Co (They have a lot of talent returning this year, and with Denny there expect better things than in the past.
56th-Powell Co ( This district is always a toss up but with Roberts gone at EC, and Pittman gone at Lee. I like the Pirates to take it.)

The 8 teams to make it to region.

Knott C
Letcher
Wolfe
Breathitt
Hazard
Perry
Estill
Powell.

My 14th regional Champions-- Perry Central

Mine dont look to bad either. I didnt get the region pick right but I do believe I got the POY right and picked 7 of the 8 teams correctly that will play in region. My COY could still sneak in the and take it but right now I think its Noble's.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I'd agree with this. Cordia has a lot to prove to many people in this region. Now I would rank them a head of Letcher but most won't because Cordia has to prove themselves first, and like I have said before they will prove themselves.

I'd switch Jenkins and Jackson City because of they got a few new players this season.

And I would switch Breathitt and hazard around.

Cordia above Letcher......(84 point loss)OOPS!!
^ lol. I have admitted I was wrong like 1000 times hahaha
Nothing personal this thread was brought back and i saw this and commented,again nothing personal just got a kick out of it.
zaga_fan Wrote:POY: Matt Day
COY: Rodrick Rhodes - It's hit or miss with this guy. If he makes it to region I'd say he is a lock for COY. If he busts it is Denny's to have. No way that Denny has a bad season up in Jackson.

53rd - Knott Central, Cordia - I'm going out on a limb with the Lions. If they don't take it I would give the nod to Letcher.
54th - Perry Central, Buckhorn - All according to the draw. Perry has to play Hazard in the first round again eventually.
55th - Breathitt County, Wolfe County - Breathitt is a lock to win this one IMO.
56th - Estill County, Lee County - This district is just about as evenly matched as the 54th. If Powell creeped in I wouldn't be surprised.

L o L

I was trying to be nice for the rabid Cordia fans we had to start the season.
Where did they all go?!
Ballers Wrote:Gosh I really don't know where to start..

Something tells me Jordan Olinger from Hazard will be 3 times the player he was last year..
With that said I'm taking Hazard Bulldogs for the region champion.

Perry Co. a close 2nd

Ballers Wrote:Here is mine...

1. Perry Central

2. Buckhorn
3. Knott Central
4. Breathitt
5. Cordia (for now)

Hazard has a few rabbits they can pull out of a hat. But I'm not going to put much stock in them until I see them play this year.

Jordan Olinger and the big guy that can rip it off will do well for them this year
Ballers Wrote:I predict KCC to make a flurry this year.
I think they will win region for the 2nd time in 3 years..
That is my early prediction..

Buckhorn is a darkhorse team..

PCC is around the top 2-3 for sure

Hands down the best basketball analyst in the business

If you just pick different teams to win it every few days you're bound to get it right sooner or later
zaga_fan Wrote:Hands down the best basketball analyst in the business

If you just pick different teams to win it every few days you're bound to get it right sooner or later

This may be the best post of all time. :worthy:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This may be the best post of all time. :worthy:

ah boys Wink
^agreed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:Hands down the best basketball analyst in the business

Great post. I agree!
As for this years regional I feel Knott should win the tournament unless Hazard upsets them then they are my favorite.Until the winner of Buckhorn and Wolfe game which should be Buckhorn who should win the whole thing unless Wolfe Co upsets them in which case Wolfe would be my pick!
Then Letcher has a ton of talent and should go all the way BUT Powell is playing real well and has co-coach of the year which means they will come out victorious if they upset LCC.But my favorite to WIN IT ALL is Breathitt with Denny at the helm!It is theirs to loose unless for some reason Estill shoots really well from behind the Arc and shocks the world with their 1st 14th regional win!!!!! I think I have picked the winner!!!Confusedinglepar
Breathitt has the talent to win it all if they play hard the full game.
Just a thought (and I'm sure somebody else has already posted this).....

Why not let the current season end before you start these kinda threads. I mean for real, Oct. 15th is a long time off.
These predictions were for this season that is being played. I started this thread back in June.
thegr81 Wrote:Great post. I agree!
As for this years regional I feel Knott should win the tournament unless Hazard upsets them then they are my favorite.Until the winner of Buckhorn and Wolfe game which should be Buckhorn who should win the whole thing unless Wolfe Co upsets them in which case Wolfe would be my pick!
Then Letcher has a ton of talent and should go all the way BUT Powell is playing real well and has co-coach of the year which means they will come out victorious if they upset LCC.But my favorite to WIN IT ALL is Breathitt with Denny at the helm!It is theirs to loose unless for some reason Estill shoots really well from behind the Arc and shocks the world with their 1st 14th regional win!!!!! I think I have picked the winner!!!Confusedinglepar

Estill may not upset Breathitt tomorrow but next year they will be in the running next year with the team they have returning back