Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
74.24%
Rowan County
25.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Rowan Co. 11/12
[quote=Amped 88]That is what I think too.[/QUOT
Knox 48-12
Knox rolls in this game! Watched RC on wazzo sports and they and not very good!!

Knox C - 28
RC - 7
HugyBear Wrote:Knox rolls in this game! Watched RC on wazzo sports and they and not very good!!

Knox C - 28
RC - 7

HugyBear I must be doing something wrong. I've yet to be able to watch a game on wazzo. I don't know what the deal is?
Knox Central.
Knox Central 42
Rowan County 7
knox 32
rowan 20
Does Knox planning on bringing a big crowd?...Rowan has a huge stadium

Rowan at home by 10...bring on the bobcats
The Iceboxx Wrote:Does Knox planning on bringing a big crowd?...Rowan has a huge stadium

They should. They have a great following of fans.
"Diamond" Dave Hammonds picked Rowan in this one Wink
The Iceboxx Wrote:Does Knox planning on bringing a big crowd?...Rowan has a huge stadium

Don't be surprised if Knox doesn't have a larger fan base there than Rowan does.
zaga_fan Wrote:"Diamond" Dave Hammonds picked Rowan in this one Wink

So that means Knox wins? I have listened to his show a few times and his picks typically have the consistency of 5 year-old? :zzz:
ASHLAND — The four teams are a combined 39-5, but they’ll come out 2-2 tonight.

Rowan County face its loftiest task of the season in the second round of the Class 4A playoffs. Knox Central comes to Morehead.

The Vikings are in position to make school history with two playoff wins in the same season, while the Bulldogs finally return to last season’s disappointing end point.

“It’s go hard or go home,” said Rowan County coach ShaDon Brown.

Rowan County (10-1) has picked up impressive wins this season, including a district championship victory over Lawrence County and a 21-point defeat of Montgomery County, but the Vikings narrowly escaped Greenup County, 38-35. Knox Central handed the Musketeers a 47-0 obliteration last week.

Rowan County’s defense has improved, and Brown insists that the Vikings can be as physical as Knox Central.

“They’re physical, there’s no question,” Brown said. “We just have to match that. Some see us as not being very big, but I think we’re a physical football team.”

Knox Central (9-2) suffered only two losses this season — both to top-notch competition. The Panthers fell to Johnson Central, 29-28 in overtime, and to Bell County, 21-7. Knox Central has also turned in four shutouts.

Nonetheless, Brown is not entirely impressed with Knox Central’s schedule outside of its two losses.

“Those two teams were both losses for them,” Brown said. “Name another school that’s a top perennial power in the state on their schedule.”

Rowan County offers an arsenal of explosive weapons, starting with Adam Wing and Darrell Cross, but Knox Central retaliates with its own assortment of talent.

Panthers quarterback Johnathan Barger has thrown for 1,397 yards, 14 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Johnathan Turpin has carried 130 times for 796 yards. Jeffery Canady has tallied 16 total touchdowns between receiving and rushing.

Rowan County’s approach will remain the same: run a fast tempo with minimal mistakes on offense and be an opportunistic defense.

The Vikings and Panthers are familiar with one another, and not necessarily friendly foes. The two competed in a passing tournament this summer at Union College and a skirmish broke out. Knox Central pounded Rowan County two years ago in the playoffs, 47-0.

“We have a real aggressive history,” Brown said. “When you’re playing an opponent that your kids know a lot about, you just have to keep your composure and play football.”
i see rowan in this one 28-20....exspecially at home
VikingFan Wrote:You guys must be really good....So you guys wont show up and kick the ball out of bounds,,or hard on the ground,,,,,,just kick it down the middle and "go get'em boys"....It would be nice to see our special teams get a honest look. Should'nt be a problem with all your talent..power....double daisy duke dare you...
double daisy duke?