•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2010
BB CLAW Wrote:Xerxes, Harlan County was up and down? Not Consistent? The Bears lost to Whitley during the regular season in the first district game of the year. They followed that by beating all of the other District teams. After losing to Whitley, the Black Bears went on a Class 5A District winning streak first beating LetcherCC, then North Laurel, then Perry Central, then Clay County, and then avenged a first game of the season loss to Pulaski Southwestern by winning in the playoffs at SouthWestern(20-7). The Black Bears beat LCC in the Playoffs in every aspect of the game except on the score board(14-13) at Letcher County to end their first season in 5A by fumbling the ball away several times. One less fumble and the Bears win that game. Two less fumbles and the Bears win it big. The Bears lost one district game in the regular season and that was to Whitley(preseason district favorite) and didn't get a home playoff game. Underachieved....I think Whitley fell apart, but the Bears were consistent and their record shows that. I might add, LCC only lost three games. Underachieved? Niether LCC or the Black Bears underachieved. The Black Bears, before the season started were predicted to get a spanking every Friday Night as their welcome to 5A. The Bears are building each year and will be respected sooner rather than later. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

The bears are already respected.
Trust me, more than you know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Yes
lcc will be getting a new d cordinator and why would someone even ask ' who will be calling the o.....same man that called it last year. If you think it will take Whitaker's nephew till he's jr. year to play, think again is all I will say..
I didn't know Deleno was leaving. When is all the "official announcements going to be made so everything is clearing up, and why are they waiting so long?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Are you saying they have already hired a new "D" coordinator or will be hiring a new "D" coordinator. Who are they talking to about the position?
Beader
58fan Wrote:Beader

Who?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who?

Has been Head Coach at Knott County Central. I think he resigned at the end of the season.
Is Beader for sure going to be "D" coordinator or is this just what the rumor is?
Just a prediction on my part
Nothing has been official. I think when they have there banquet, they "should" make a announcement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

done deal.......
In our opinion if it is a done deal then it needs to be announced. It has not yet!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

IT'S A DONE DEAL........alot of things don't get announced right up till the time they happen.....look at Tiffen..C'mon CPO8, Don't you know that by now......
IT'S A DONE DEAL......
cougarpride08 Wrote:Nothing has been official. I think when they have there banquet, they "should" make a announcement.

Prob. not gonna get that 'pre announcement, but you might, I doubt it. More like 'after he's hired, then you'll hear about it. It's not coach W's responsibility to pass on everything he's doing right now, That's the coaches business what goes on at this point. The public will be made aware of it when it happens...
MR.PERFECT Wrote:[/B]
Prob. not gonna get that 'pre announcement, but you might, I doubt it. More like 'after he's hired, then you'll hear about it. It's not coach W's responsibility to pass on everything he's doing right now, That's the coaches business what goes on at this point. The public will be made aware of it when it happens...

:popcorn:
It is in the Mountain Eagle. He is retiring!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Thought we were talking about the dcord position cp, I was. Everybody knew Hillard was retiring man. EXCEPT YOU.
This year coming will be our best year ever at LCC. This will be our year to have the best record up to date. Best staff we have ever had here and the talent is back.
I agree with you Mr. P. I think that this year will be very good on the hill for the cougars. I think they've gotten a pretty good grasp of Whitaker and his offense and they should see improvement this year which isn't good for their opponents. This year will see a few new faces on staff and it should help to improve an already good team.
Will he stay with the spread or will he change it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Did Rose ever get healed from his inury during the season? I think his name was Rose, the transfer from Powell. I'm sure he was missed those games he was out.
Mama Bear Wrote:Did Rose ever get healed from his inury during the season? I think his name was Rose, the transfer from Powell. I'm sure he was missed those games he was out.

He is fine and he was surely missed
Whitaker now signs his name on list server as Head Football Coach Letcher County Central. Has the school announced this as of yet. I know and so does everyone else, that it will happen, just wondering if school has named him yet.
As far as I know it hasn't been made public, but it is coming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:As far as I know it hasn't been made public, but it is coming.

:argue::popcorn::zzz:COME ON
As everyone knows Whitaker is a done deal.To bad almost all parents and players on the team hate the decision that was made to hire this guy.This is going to be a huge mistake.Word is even Mrs Craft has already realized what a mistake she has made.Coach Whitaker ego will destroy this team!In his mind he is somekind of offensive god,when he really has not ever won anything.He has got lucky and rode the coat tails of some great Qb's.**** he couldn't even get to the state championship with the number 1 high school player in the nation[TIM COUCH].I think somebody needs to make Coach Whitaker watch the LCC Pulaski co. game anytime his ego gets out of control.His play calls were the difference in this one.Option out of the spread inside the 5 yardline,FUMBLE and the great double pass attempt on his own 20 yardline with 20 seconds left in the half that was picked up for a TD.Lets talk also about the Belfry loss when all we had to do was hold on to the football.Coach Whitaker kept feeding the ball to the Powell Co.transfer that fumbled,when our best back D.Brown watched from the sidelines. It will be hard even for Whitaker to lose games at LCC the next couple of years because he will have a lot of talent,but I am sure he will find a way.I hate to say this but in my opinion The LCC football program is taking steps in the wrong direction with this hire.In a few years all current players and parents will be left thinking what could have been with another coach....................
touchdownkentucky Wrote:As everyone knows Whitaker is a done deal.To bad almost all parents and players on the team hate the decision that was made to hire this guy.This is going to be a huge mistake.Word is even Mrs Craft has already realized what a mistake she has made.Coach Whitaker ego will destroy this team!In his mind he is somekind of offensive god,when he really has not ever won anything.He has got lucky and rode the coat tails of some great Qb's.**** he couldn't even get to the state championship with the number 1 high school player in the nation[TIM COUCH].I think somebody needs to make Coach Whitaker watch the LCC Pulaski co. game anytime his ego gets out of control.His play calls were the difference in this one.Option out of the spread inside the 5 yardline,FUMBLE and the great double pass attempt on his own 20 yardline with 20 seconds left in the half that was picked up for a TD.Lets talk also about the Belfry loss when all we had to do was hold on to the football.Coach Whitaker kept feeding the ball to the Powell Co.transfer that fumbled,when our best back D.Brown watched from the sidelines. It will be hard even for Whitaker to lose games at LCC the next couple of years because he will have a lot of talent,but I am sure he will find a way.I hate to say this but in my opinion The LCC football program is taking steps in the wrong direction with this hire.In a few years all current players and parents will be left thinking what could have been with another coach....................

Who would you have hired, get over it Whitaker will be running the football program from the elementary schools up. He will be getting his staff together and will do the right things for them to prepare for their first regional championship title. He will promote his players to get them scholarships. Turn your blue in and start wearing green.Ha Ha HA
Didn't see any posting on KHSAA about this job being open. Don't they have to post job?
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next