Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Pirates 08-09
Lively left to be a principle at stanton elem. i think that is a better opurtunity for him
Azr3ken Wrote:I'm surprised that you all believe everything that these coaches say. Just because they claim to be "leaving for better opportunities", doesn't exactly make it true. Oh and...

I constitute having a "great" season as going to the championship game, or at least close. Powell has failed at that since the beginning of time.

Powell was district champs two years ago. Thats sucess in my book! You have no clue what your talking about bud!
coach lively has taken the principal's job at stanton elementary school. as you well know by now powell county hired johnson central's basketball coach. so, this season should be interesting. also, christian brewer moved to clark county.

also the powell county band is great.
#1 football fan Wrote:coach lively has taken the principal's job at stanton elementary school. as you well know by now powell county hired johnson central's basketball coach. so, this season should be interesting. also, christian brewer moved to clark county.

also the powell county band is great.

Brewer is a tough loss. He would have made a solid 14th region player, but I really can't see him even seeing the floor for Clark Co.

Also, I think Brian Hall's last coaching stop was Betsy Layne. I think he was an assistant at Johnson Central a while back.
Brewer wont see the floor in Clark but i think powell is very happy to get rid of him... The Pirates will have a good season aunder Coach Hall, hes a pretty good coach he just has to use his players in the right ways... Look for a good season from the pirates
District champs is success? You all have really lowered your standards for basketball eh?
Azr3ken Wrote:District champs is success? You all have really lowered your standards for basketball eh?

I never recall saying district champs but it is possible... Powell is a good team and if they work together then they could do it because they have some good players.
Azr3ken Wrote:Powell has no chance this year. They have had so many coach changes, that they can never get ready for the up-comming season. Maybe if they would stick with a coach for a year, instead of switching between coaches every other day, they might have a chance. But, then again, with players that bad, I'd quit too. :/

Wow how mature, I asume your mister all american.
Azr3ken Wrote:District champs is success? You all have really lowered your standards for basketball eh?

Well Powell is in a tough district and a very tough region. And when they can win the district, that is pretty impressive. The district competition is unreal. When you got Cacklin and others at Estill, Charles and others at Lee, and Evans and others at Owsley, it isn't the easiest district to win. So just give Powell a rest. They will be fine.

I think every team comes into the season wanting to visit rupp. I think everyone on here agrees with me when i say 1 district championship, district runner-up and 2 trips to the 14th region tourney is a sucess compared to the two seasons we had before Lively got here.

I think thats sucess, but don't forget the fact that we went to STATE just a few years ago.

hey big guy were u from...do we play u all this year in bball Cool
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Brewer wont see the floor in Clark but i think powell is very happy to get rid of him... The Pirates will have a good season aunder Coach Hall, hes a pretty good coach he just has to use his players in the right ways... Look for a good season from the pirates

You are a joke. I just hope that when I leave after this season that my school respects me more than Powell is showing Christian, to me their best player. Heck, now all we have to do to beat Powell is to play zone because now they don't have anyone who can shoot. Their inside game was never there so what's left? Wish Christian would have transfersd here because we think he could play anywhere. He would have been a great addition to our team since you know you guys don't want him! You guys in Powell are weird and I'm glad I don't live there. I think you will eat your words later about him not seeing the floor at GRC. Come on are you serious? Give me a break!:lmao:
FOR REAL Wrote:You are a joke. I just hope that when I leave after this season that my school respects me more than Powell is showing Christian, to me their best player. Heck, now all we have to do to beat Powell is to play zone because now they don't have anyone who can shoot. Their inside game was never there so what's left? Wish Christian would have transfersd here because we think he could play anywhere. He would have been a great addition to our team since you know you guys don't want him! You guys in Powell are weird and I'm glad I don't live there. I think you will eat your words later about him not seeing the floor at GRC. Come on are you serious? Give me a break!:lmao:

Are you talking about for GRC or Powell?
Christian will be greatly missed at Powell co. I just believe they can do without him. He caused alot of problems to this team.
FOR REAL Wrote:You are a joke. I just hope that when I leave after this season that my school respects me more than Powell is showing Christian, to me their best player. Heck, now all we have to do to beat Powell is to play zone because now they don't have anyone who can shoot. Their inside game was never there so what's left? Wish Christian would have transfersd here because we think he could play anywhere. He would have been a great addition to our team since you know you guys don't want him! You guys in Powell are weird and I'm glad I don't live there. I think you will eat your words later about him not seeing the floor at GRC. Come on are you serious? Give me a break!:lmao:

okay...first off christian wasn't even close to our best player. Hawkins was him beat in almost every catagory including HUSTLE the most important one. Second carlisle creech and morgan reed can both shoot better then him, although Christian was a better penetrator, and maybe more experienced, i think at the point they are now both reed and creech are farther along and have a better skill set then christian had when he was a sophmore. Also he was a major drama queen, nobody liked to play with him for that matter

ALso, you and Daddy Baller 20 are obviously christian...
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I think every team comes into the season wanting to visit rupp. I think everyone on here agrees with me when i say 1 district championship, district runner-up and 2 trips to the 14th region tourney is a sucess compared to the two seasons we had before Lively got here.

Now you're comparing their success based on failure the previous years? lawl.
Azr3ken Wrote:Now you're comparing their success based on failure the previous years? lawl.

Powell is on the rise. You have no clue what the **** you are talking about first of all? Did you try out for Powell Co and didnt make it? Was you never skilled enough to even step on to the court at Powell Co. Doubt it!!! Quit trying to put these kids down. If your going to do that then why in the **** even come into this thread.:mad:
PoCo Wrote:okay...first off christian wasn't even close to our best player. Hawkins was him beat in almost every catagory including HUSTLE the most important one. Second carlisle creech and morgan reed can both shoot better then him, although Christian was a better penetrator, and maybe more experienced, i think at the point they are now both reed and creech are farther along and have a better skill set then christian had when he was a sophmore. Also he was a major drama queen, nobody liked to play with him for that matter

ALso, you and Daddy Baller 20 are obviously christian...

Your an IDIOT!!!!!!!! LOST, CLUELESS, BRAIN DEAD! Your probally a bench warmer on your badmitten team. Your a joke! I don't care who you think this is. Your way off with the Christian remark but I should have known coming from you. Your post is like I said CLUELESS, BRAINDEAD. Bobcatfan22 what are you talking about Christian causing problems, are you serious? If there was drama at Powell it was the two birds you figure it out.:confused:
FOR REAL Wrote:Your an IDIOT!!!!!!!! LOST, CLUELESS, BRAIN DEAD! Your probally a bench warmer on your badmitten team. Your a joke! I don't care who you think this is. Your way off with the Christian remark but I should have known coming from you. Your post is like I said CLUELESS, BRAINDEAD. Bobcatfan22 what are you talking about Christian causing problems, are you serious? If there was drama at Powell it was the two birds you figure it out.:confused:

I know where the trouble was coming from in Powell co. Everytime there was a problem, Chrsitian Brewer was involved and i know that from first hand experience. The kid thought he was the best thing to ever see the floor at Powell co. He thought he was the reason everyone was coming out to watch Powell co play games. Due to the fact that Christian never wanted to share the ball, I honestly dont see him seeing the floor at GRC. If he does, he better learn to pass the **** ball or he wont be seeing much of it. Im sure them GRC players arent going to put up with it like all the players did at Powell.
I heard powell county is going to have a good freshmen team
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I know where the trouble was coming from in Powell co. Everytime there was a problem, Chrsitian Brewer was involved and i know that from first hand experience. The kid thought he was the best thing to ever see the floor at Powell co. He thought he was the reason everyone was coming out to watch Powell co play games. Due to the fact that Christian never wanted to share the ball, I honestly dont see him seeing the floor at GRC. If he does, he better learn to pass the **** ball or he wont be seeing much of it. Im sure them GRC players arent going to put up with it like all the players did at Powell.

Wow you people kill me. I'm done. I've gave my thoughts. So be it!
FOR REAL Wrote:Your an IDIOT!!!!!!!! LOST, CLUELESS, BRAIN DEAD! Your probally a bench warmer on your badmitten team. Your a joke! I don't care who you think this is. Your way off with the Christian remark but I should have known coming from you. Your post is like I said CLUELESS, BRAINDEAD. Bobcatfan22 what are you talking about Christian causing problems, are you serious? If there was drama at Powell it was the two birds you figure it out.:confused:

lmao birds started it all...well i get it ur at g.r.c now and im so glad...now i dnt have to stand on the base line and watch u dribble around the key and throw up horriable shots but u know who i am and i know who u r its obvious and we all know who daddy baller 20 is so if i was u all i would just stay off here because its just diggin u a hole dawg :ChairHit:
the two birds are our best players
Dude bobcatfan22 I totally agree
with you Powell County is better off without him:rockon:
I
history in da makin1 Wrote:lmao birds started it all...well i get it ur at g.r.c now and im so glad...now i dnt have to stand on the base line and watch u dribble around the key and throw up horriable shots but u know who i am and i know who u r its obvious and we all know who daddy baller 20 is so if i was u all i would just stay off here because its just diggin u a hole dawg :ChairHit:

I'm from Estill Co. stupid. So who's digging the hole now birdbrain.:redboxer: I'll see you on the court!
FOR REAL Wrote:I

I'm from Estill Co. stupid. So who's digging the hole now birdbrain.:redboxer: I'll see you on the court!

It really don't matter where your from as long as powell county wins district this year. Also you need to stop dissing powell:mad:
FOR REAL Wrote:I

Feel sorry for you then For Real. Better watch who your running your mouth to there. That kid you will be seeing on the court is the best defensive player in th 56th district.

No your the joke... Brewer was not Powell's best player... Powell has alot of shooters they can all shoot better then Brewer. Reed, Creech, Crowe, Hawkins can all shoot better... Powell has some pretty good big guys in Rice, Arvin, an Nolan... Well you might wish he wouldve came there now but i bet once he got there you would change your mind really fast... Im pretty glad you dont live here either bud cuz if you did you wouldnt last a day.. Lmao i think you will be the one eating your words when you see that he isnt on the floor at all in GRC.
history in da makin1 Wrote:lmao birds started it all...well i get it ur at g.r.c now and im so glad...now i dnt have to stand on the base line and watch u dribble around the key and throw up horriable shots but u know who i am and i know who u r its obvious and we all know who daddy baller 20 is so if i was u all i would just stay off here because its just diggin u a hole dawg :ChairHit:

Thank you History in da making 1, Its about time someone told them that we know who Daddy baller 20, and For real is....