Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County Pirates 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Only return 3 or 4 with alot of varsity experience. Seniors David Crowe and Hawkins will be the leaders of this team next year. How does everyone think they will do??

Predicted Starting Lineup-
Pg- Christian Brewer
Sg- David Crowe
Sf- David Hawkins
Pf- Billy Rice
C- Will Arvin

Alot of help will come off the bench in creech and reed.
I see Powell struggling next year. Their best player will be Crowe, and his strong suit is defense. too young and inexperienced.
(1) Estill Co
(2) Lee Co
(3) Owsley Co
(4) Powell Co
basketballwizz Wrote:(1) Estill Co
(2) Lee Co
(3) Owsley Co
(4) Powell Co

what does that have ti do with this post i think powell will have a pretty good year, they have alot of young players but i think with the cheerleaders and the fans , and letsnot forget our awesome band.........best in the region that will help motivate them alot .
Lol
Powell will have some good players in Crowe and Hawkins. Got a lot of playing time last season. I think the Pirates will do good this season.
Who are some of the underclassmen who will have to contribute?
Powell Co will be 1 and 7 in the 56th next year.
basketballwizz Wrote:Powell Co will be 1 and 7 in the 56th next year.

ummmmm..........yea.......ok....................whatever. we will be pretty good.........not as good as last year but pretty good:flame:
i agree
So I guess they don't have any underclassmen at all since no one will tell me any?
OMG Wrote:So I guess they don't have any underclassmen at all since no one will tell me any?

Their best underclassman are arvin, brewer, reed, and creech.
I have heard that the big man from powell jon conley may play next year. He took this year off for personal reasons but if powell co gets him back then it will help them out alot
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I have heard that the big man from powell jon conley may play next year. He took this year off for personal reasons but if powell co gets him back then it will help them out alot

I hope your right. He will be a strong presence down low. Good player that will get recognized.
A.J. Jones will be playing next year as well. He will fill the shoes of Mays as another big man down low. Hopefully we will see some good things out of next year's team, especially where they are so young. Maybe they will suprise some other teams. Who know's? It's basketball. A long road ahead for this young Powell team.
Ok. In my honest opinion. I think alot of their talent will be from the upcoming freshmen next year. Alot of them played up last year as 8th graders. Goodwin is about 6'3 and can almost dunk it cleanly. That's pretty good. I see good things in the future.
I definetly see Powell Co. having a good season..
It will be a tough road for Powell after they lost 4 of their 5 starters. Powell will have a good season. They have the talent and the coaching to do good.
They do have a good band so watch out for Powell.
basketballwizz Wrote:They do have a good band so watch out for Powell.
Better than Estill's.... Wink
powells band is spectacular
is lively still the coach at powell?
sc06cheer Wrote:is lively still the coach at powell?

I heard that Coach Lively may be a candidate for the Breathitt County Position.
i believe it will be estill & lee in district championship.

.....and whats this?..already dissing each other...saying powell's band is better than estill's....
wow, you guys are starting early this year huh?
Lucky7 Wrote:I heard that Coach Lively may be a candidate for the Breathitt County Position.

Kyle Lively will be at powell county next year
Not very much talent, a below average coach should make for a bad recipe, the band better be good.
Taterrr1 Wrote:powells band is spectacular

Didn't I once overhear you refer to Ellen Degeneres' beauty as "spectacular"?
powell will have experience. the games i have seen last season these kids played some crucial minutes. if conley comes back powell will be a threat, and if jones does play his football experience will make him tough down low, and he is not a small kid. powell will have size if they play, lively may move from his running style to a half court down low game. should be interesting to hear about this team come this winter.
You've got Tyler Perkins there now from George Rogers Clark.He's playing football too.According to the Breathitt paper Kyle is probly coming back to Breathitt to take an Assistant Principal job but wont be the coach at Breathitt because they hired Doug Noble(about time)from Owlsley.
How are the boys at Powell going to welcome him back since he tried to better deal them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6