Poll: Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville (29-3)
70.41%
Jeffersontown (26-5)
29.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament)
rosebud Wrote:Ya gotta play em sometime, iffin you're goin to win it all.

TO's from the guards will be the key or downfall of Paintsville and 1 of the guards (no names) will have to play under control. If he doesn't, it'll be lights out and in a hurry.

Another thing that they need to watch to keep those lights on is their 3 point shooting. If you are not hitting, STOP shooting. If there is a repeat of the Class A tourney performance with the states being 3 out of 26 (if I remember correctly) (no names) I agree, they will go out in a hurry.
DALE Wrote:No, most likely Holmes. Then if they make it to Saturday morning they would play LexCath. Definately not a favorable draw for the 15th. I have seen JTown play several times when I lived in Louisville. Yeah SV got beat by them in Jtown's own Tourney, but Valley got hosed pretty badly down the stretch or they could've won by about 7-10 points. Paintsville just needs to play their game. If they start off shooting the ball well, boxing out on the boards, and not allow wide open looks when someone cuts to the basket then they will be fine. If they come down to Lexington and lay an egg the first 8 minutes like they did against JC then it will be over quickly. Forget the hoop-lah surrounding the tourney and trust in one another. BMR has been there before and he will know how to get his kids ready for this. Best of luck Tigers. Paintsville by 4.

Very well put!!!
Paintsville has a lot of weapons. See if jtown can contain them. It will also be good to see a team from the mountains show that they can play against teams from outside the mountains.
DALE Wrote:No, most likely Holmes. Then if they make it to Saturday morning they would play LexCath. Definately not a favorable draw for the 15th. I have seen JTown play several times when I lived in Louisville. Yeah SV got beat by them in Jtown's own Tourney, but Valley got hosed pretty badly down the stretch or they could've won by about 7-10 points. Paintsville just needs to play their game. If they start off shooting the ball well, boxing out on the boards, and not allow wide open looks when someone cuts to the basket then they will be fine. If they come down to Lexington and lay an egg the first 8 minutes like they did against JC then it will be over quickly. Forget the hoop-lah surrounding the tourney and trust in one another. BMR has been there before and he will know how to get his kids ready for this. Best of luck Tigers. Paintsville by 4.
:thumpsup: Very well said and right on the money!!
The Guru Wrote:Gettin kinda eerie!!!
I remember one year that Paintsville had played Lex Cath during the season and lost by 18. Then had to play them on Sat morn. of the sweet 16 and we all know the rest of the story!
this year, Paintsville played Lex Cath @ Lex Cath and got beat by 18...Now a chance to play them again on Sat morning of the sweet 16.

that was the start of it all.......can you remember all of Rupp Arena standing when Paintsvile took the lead...wish I could find highlights of that game!!!Good memory!! and Good post
brown14 Wrote:I watched that one highlight some1 posted. Seems liek they can shoot and liek to run. I dont know much about Jtown but i know that Tigers like to run and should be able to play with them. I beleive the Tigers are going to go down there and play hard and hopefuly be there on saturdaymorning and payback Lex. Cath. Best of luck to the Tigers and hopefuly bring some hardwear back to the MOUNTAINS!!!!!.

TIGERS BY 5. its going to be back and forth battle.

agree....:thumpsup:

I know the guard your speaking about...but he is a very talented kid..you gotta admit that...But I just think that Pack is a secret weapon..all of the schools by now have watched a video or seen Pville play..so they know what that certain guard plays like and how spotaneous he is...But Pack is another thing....he doesn't see as much playing time...and can get the job done just as good...almost equally just as well as the other guard...and pack doesn't cause me to wanna take anxiety drugs.....I get so anxious and nervous.....But that guard and might as well say his name ..(bundy) can be a clutch player though....I have said it before that maybe Pack should start...but I am afraid that between nerves and newness that would just be a bad idea!!
Pack plays better off the bench. He had a chance against LexCath and didn't do too well when trying to bring the ball up the court. Back in 1997 the Tigers had a player by the name of Kyle Adams(a.k.a. Gump) that come off the bench and was a solid role player, much like Pack. Some kids play better coming off the bench. Back when I played baseball they tried me as the leadoff batter and it didn't work too well, but when I was moved to hitting in the #7 spot I made a drastic turn around. Some of it was nerves and some of it probably had to do with how others done before I got my opportunity at the dish. If its not broke don't fix it. They won 29 games with the lineup that they have used this season, so why try to question it now?
DALE Wrote:Pack plays better off the bench. He had a chance against LexCath and didn't do too well when trying to bring the ball up the court. Back in 1997 the Tigers had a player by the name of Kyle Adams(a.k.a. Gump) that come off the bench and was a solid role player, much like Pack. Some kids play better coming off the bench. Back when I played baseball they tried me as the leadoff batter and it didn't work too well, but when I was moved to hitting in the #7 spot I made a drastic turn around. Some of it was nerves and some of it probably had to do with how others done before I got my opportunity at the dish. If its not broke don't fix it. They won 29 games with the lineup that they have used this season, so why try to question it now?

Holy Cow..was Gump not a treat or what!!! I enjoyed watching him play...he seemed to be able to pump he players and crowd up very well!!!! I agree...good point!:Clap:
Yes Pack is a great player off the bench. He plays a pretty solid D. He also can shoot the ball when he gets the chance. Bundy well handle all the pressure liek he does every game and the Tiger will hopefuly make some noise down there in RUPP.
I heard today that Slones grandparents are from Caney. If this is true, he could be the best player in the state to me.
SecretAgent Wrote:Holy Cow..was Gump not a treat or what!!! I enjoyed watching him play...he seemed to be able to pump he players and crowd up very well!!!! I agree...good point!:Clap:

Gump was a treat to watch, I believe he is now at Montgomery Co. coaching, not really sure but it sure looked like him when I watched them at the JC Holiday Classic. He hit big shot after big shot during his senior campaign coming off the bench, and yest it did seem to spark the players. Kinda like Pack has done this season in several games.
RavenBoy Wrote:You did. About city boys
What City is it that Hopson plays in?
SecretAgent Wrote:agree....:thumpsup:

I know the guard your speaking about...but he is a very talented kid..you gotta admit that...But I just think that Pack is a secret weapon..all of the schools by now have watched a video or seen Pville play..so they know what that certain guard plays like and how spotaneous he is...But Pack is another thing....he doesn't see as much playing time...and can get the job done just as good...almost equally just as well as the other guard...and pack doesn't cause me to wanna take anxiety drugs.....I get so anxious and nervous.....But that guard and might as well say his name ..(bundy) can be a clutch player though....I have said it before that maybe Pack should start...but I am afraid that between nerves and newness that would just be a bad idea!!
The other night I was trying to find my copy of that game....I think someone lifted it. Bummer....
The Guru Wrote:What City is it that Hopson plays in?
umm basicly Cincinnati.
RavenBoy Wrote:umm basicly Cincinnati.
Ok...I thought you were talking Hopkinsville, and that's only what.....30,000?
The Guru Wrote:Ok...I thought you were talking Hopkinsville, and that's only what.....30,000?
No clue on that one.
BlueBells Wrote:Another thing that they need to watch to keep those lights on is their 3 point shooting. If you are not hitting, STOP shooting. If there is a repeat of the Class A tourney performance with the states being 3 out of 26 (if I remember correctly) (no names) I agree, they will go out in a hurry.
Lets tell that to Bradley against Georgia. Anyways, Who is Paintsville best 3 point shooter?
RavenBoy Wrote:Lets tell that to Bradley against Georgia. Anyways, Who is Paintsville best 3 point shooter?

Landon Slone=player of the year
OMG Wrote:Landon Slone=player of the year
I thought that other guy was the 15th Region player of the year.
RavenBoy Wrote:Lets tell that to Bradley against Georgia. Anyways, Who is Paintsville best 3 point shooter?
Slone hits for around 43-44% on treys, which is amazing considering how tight everyone trys to play him. Vanhoose has raised his percentage to over 40% on treys.
RavenBoy Wrote:I thought that other guy was the 15th Region player of the year.

What other guy? Are you talking about Grimm?
The Guru Wrote:Slone hits for around 43-44% on treys, which is amazing considering how tight everyone trys to play him. Vanhoose has raised his percentage to over 40% on treys.

I agree Vanhoose has really impressed me with how much he's improved his shooting, it will definetly come to play a part next week if they play Slone as tight as you know they will.
RavenBoy Wrote:I thought that other guy was the 15th Region player of the year.
Slone is the 15th region POY. Extremely well deserved!!! Grimm was 15th reg tourney MVP.
OMG Wrote:What other guy? Are you talking about Grimm?
Yes
RavenBoy Wrote:Yes

Guru answered your question. Grimm was tournament MVP and Slone was POY.
OMG Wrote:Guru answered your question. Grimm was tournament MVP and Slone was POY.
Ohh, Didnt see that. Ok now I understand.
OMG Wrote:Guru answered your question. Grimm was tournament MVP and Slone was POY.
Landon is my favorite POY since Jenny McCarthy!Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:Landon is my favorite POY since Jenny McCarthy!Big Grin

Haha I agree.
Landon is the top 3 point shooter for Paintsville. Lately JD has really improved his % from behind the arc. On a more cosistent basis though, Landon.
Well the worst thing that could happen to Paintsville is they get there and get nervous and start shooting bricks.
I can tell a this though, If Paintsville can make it to round 3 or 4, Slone will start getting all kinds of D1 offers.