Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your Top 5 Teams for next season in the 15th.
I agree with Alfus on Paintsville. They should be good for the next few years and like he said they are the only team in the 15th that has ever really done anything. They go to state and get some thing done. What other schools can state that? None that I can think of.
1. Paintsville (if Landon stays healthy)
2. Shelden Clark
3. Valley
4. Belfry
5. Pikeville
My top 5 would be:
Johnson Central
Shelby Valley
Paintsville
Pike Central
Belfry

Also i think the surprise team of the 15th will be Magoffin. With only 4 wins last season there is no way to go but up.
Magoffin County would be a very dangerous team if they weren't located in the same District as the three most heralded teams (Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Sheldon Clark) in the region as of now. Plus, Lawrence County may flip the script a little, I don't know much about what they have or the quality of their team, just saying Lawrence County is a "changeup" this season.
Shelby Valley
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Pike Central
Belfry
1.Paintsville
2. Johnson Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Betsy Layne
#1 Pike Central
#2Paintsville
#3Pikeville
#4Pikeville
#5EastRidge
"Pike Central Fan" Wrote:#1 Pike Central
#2Paintsville
#3Pikeville
#4Pikeville
#5EastRidge

I thought it was funny when I saw Pike Central there at #1, then to have Pikeville on there at all is funny, but to have them twice is even funnier. East Ridge in there is funny. Actually it's all pretty funny. Thanks
1) Painsville
2) SV
3) Pikeville
4) PC
5) SF/ER
1 BEtSY LAYNE NO QUESTIONS ASKED
2 PAINTSVILLE A GREAT TEAM
3 ANYONE ELSE

15 SOUTH FLOYD
1)Paintsville
2)Shelby Valley
3)Johnson Central
4)Sheldon Clark
5)South Floyd
1. Paintsville
2. Johnson Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Sheldon Clark
5. East Ridge
"bigman21" Wrote:1 BEtSY LAYNE NO QUESTIONS ASKED
2 PAINTSVILLE A GREAT TEAM
3 ANYONE ELSE

15 SOUTH FLOYD
Betsy Layne?
Bigman 21 may have the scoop on things up on the hill. Not sure I agree with South Floyd at 15, but this is certainly shaping up for an interesting season.
i would at least have SF in the top 10...i go to SF and i play basketball 4 SF and i can say that we aint gonna b GREAT but we r gonna b pretty good we could possibly win the district or com in 2nd. but if we make reigon we could possibly win the 1st game but no more probably....and i have 1 question y does every 1 put us down so bad??????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
raider basketball, IMO SF, BL, & P'burg all three have good teams, and the more other districts overlook them the better. Sorry to leave out AC no offense but they may suprise some teams this year. I think posters putting down a certain team depends on who is on the thread, and if the team has a player (s) that show poor sportsmenship on the floor, or a little to much bragging, or heck, it may come from an incedent from another sport, or a coach from another sport may not be liked. If you ask anyone on here, their team as been bashed at sometime or another. So don't take it personally (though it feels personal when it's you team).
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
JCHS
South Floyd
Pike Central
My top five would have to look somthing like this.

1. Paintsville: They have all 5 starters, including Landon Slone, they are getting Daniel Pugh back who is as good of an athlete as anyone in the region, and lets not forget the man walking the sidelines.
2. Shelby Valley: A team as athletic as anyone that will also play as good of competition as anyone. Come tournament time they will be in the thick of things.
3. Johnson Central: This team is shaky IMO. They have as much talent as anyone in the region and McCartey and Rice can take them a long way, but it all depends on how they react to the new coach. I have heard nothing but good things so far, but summer ball and a season is not the same thing. We will see how they respond to him and vice versa.
4. Sheldon Clark: After a disapointg season last year I look for coach Hammonds team to get back on track this year. They have possibly the most dangerous player in the region in May. When he is on they are capable of beating anyone in the region and every coach knows it. This is a team that plays extremley hard and plays consitant defense that will keep them in most games.
5. Pike County Central: Any David Rowe team will be well prepared you can count on that, and they also have sharp shooter Brad Lowe who can shoot the eyeballs off a basketball.

All in all this could and should be an interesting season in the 15th.:yesno:
Who does Sheldon Clark have? not meanin this to critisize ur top 5 i wsa j/w...
"raiders_basketball" Wrote:Who does Sheldon Clark have? not meanin this to critisize ur top 5 i wsa j/w...
My post said they returned Brandon May who is as dangerous as anyone in the region. They also return Jaryd "Spud" Crum who is a hard nosed guard with a ton of up side. Shawn Johnson saw some minutes last year and will contribute down low and help May rebound. They have a good nucleus of young kids considering Inez Middle and Warfield Middle always field competitve teams. SC will be pretty good IMO, but it is only October and this is all speculation for now.
south floyd all the way
Allen Central
"BALCO" Wrote:1.Paintsville
South Floyd
Shelby Valley
Magoffin Co.
Johnson Central
I know Paintsville should be the favorite with all of their players returning and a third team all stater in Landon Slone. But the rest of the teams are pretty much even. Who are your picks for the top 5 next season?

all of these teams seem to be the best bet for next season, paintsville has a lot of returning players, south floyd has a lot of old talent returning shelby valley seems to be promising but i think there will be some other teams stepping up in next years season. pikeville has some young talent they might bulk up in the off season but i think it will be down to how hard practises go and how well the coaches use there players
sf ther`e losing 7 seniors who will they have but ethan lyle and cory henery
This thread was started talkin about the season in progress right now. It's really old idk why anyone went an posted in it.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:i thought P burg was losing a lot.
Yes they do. Although they will not be top five they will compete night in and night out.
Yeah i agree #4.
Pike Central
Besty Layne
Prestonburg
Paintsville
South Floyd
Paintsville Belfry Pikeville Johnson Central South Floyd In No Order.