•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals
first off, newport vs ncc is an absloute rivalry game, even when ncc was much better these games are always close. its going to be like corbin from 2010. they said corbin was so good and we stomped a hole in that team. ncc cant stop our run game, lol. i would bet you guys are a little worse than walton verona. ncc would beat walton by 2-3 tds. thats my comparison.
Interesting how tight SVs splits are. Lots of wing back sweeps. Lots of traps. Lots of Wing T stuff out of the double wing set. I am not all that worried about that since the traps seem to move slow. The straight dive to 20 is what concerns me. Kid looks like tackling a fire hydrant. Very tough runner. That said SV will need to be able to pass to win this game.
^^^^^agreed. predicatable, similar to Scott.
Seems like NCC likes to throw screens quite a bit. I'm pretty comfortable with that. SV's pass defense is pretty good and their db's do a good job making open field tackles and stopping big plays from happening. NCC may beat valley but it won't be with screens or easy plays. They will earn every yard they get against this defense. I'm sure it will be the same for NCC.
NCC 28 SV 14
Newport will come out slow and keep the game close but, will get the W in the end
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Listen. Ncc will win this game 35-14. Shelby valley has played no one as good as ncc and ncc is not a real good football team, by ncc standards. Only chance sv had is if they threw the ball like caldwell. If ur telling me sv is going to try and run the ball on ncc, ur nuts. They have played schools this year that would beat sv 70-0 and did very well against the run.

Give me some of that stuff that you are on man
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:first off, newport vs ncc is an absloute rivalry game, even when ncc was much better these games are always close. its going to be like corbin from 2010. they said corbin was so good and we stomped a hole in that team. ncc cant stop our run game, lol. i would bet you guys are a little worse than walton verona. ncc would beat walton by 2-3 tds. thats my comparison.

Walton Verona is turrible
Onespiritedfan Wrote:Point comparison is misleading.....When the win is in hand, Newcath subs in their 2nd team and freshmen players.

What does NewCath have to do with my post? The main point was a comparison of Shelby Valley to Newtown. The point comparison was to show that SV is at least as good, if not better than, Newport.

Besides, almost every team subs in the backups when they get a big lead. That's not unique to NewCath.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:i would bet you guys are a little worse than walton verona. ncc would beat walton by 2-3 tds. thats my comparison.

Warthog Wrote:Walton Verona is turrible

No, Walton-Verona is not turrible. But I also don't see how NKY thinks they are better than Shelby Valley. Their best win all year was over LCA, a team SV also beat. Valley also just beat Prestonsburg; Walton has not beaten anyone near as good as P-Burg all year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's times like this that I miss grass fields, with worn out fields from being played on since the early Spring. The hard ground from the cold, dirty uniforms after games...I really miss that! Shelby Valley has had a very nice run this season, but teams like Newport Central Catholic plays a brutal schedule facing 5-6A teams all season, every season. I more than anyone would like to see Valley pull this off.....but I am a realist. I'm going with Catholic 48-14. Prove me wrong Valley, PLEASE!
The word on the street, or from what I've heard all week is that Andrew Newsome will be suiting up for battle on Friday night! I know him and he will not let any type of injury (a broken leg) keep him from playing Friday night, especially in this type of game.
More Cowbell Wrote:What does NewCath have to do with my post? The main point was a comparison of Shelby Valley to Newtown. The point comparison was to show that SV is at least as good, if not better than, Newport.

Besides, almost every team subs in the backups when they get a big lead. That's not unique to NewCath.

Didn't say that was unique to Newcath, just stating that you can't go by point comparison when deciding who will win a game. That could be very misleading. Besides, like nkyfootballfan91 said, Newcath's 2 games vs. NEWPORT are a little misleading. That's a rivalry game and we all know those games are usually close, no matter how good a team is.
The Screaming Lamb Wrote:The word on the street, or from what I've heard all week is that Andrew Newsome will be suiting up for battle on Friday night! I know him and he will not let any type of injury (a broken leg) keep him from playing Friday night, especially in this type of game.

Really someone is gonna suit up with an injury to play a football game and the coaches, parents and dr's are going to allow that? Make no mistake anyone on that team can suit and play best believe the Breds could careless who is on the field. They are coming to SV with one thing on their mind to get to BG.
More Cowbell Wrote:No, Walton-Verona is not turrible. But I also don't see how NKY thinks they are better than Shelby Valley. Their best win all year was over LCA, a team SV also beat. Valley also just beat Prestonsburg; Walton has not beaten anyone near as good as P-Burg all year.
See, this is y sv is going get beat by 3-4 tds. U guys think prestonsburg is a good team. They would finish 4th in Ncc's district. If they were good, they would have beaten sv. The point of all this is, ncc is not very good team this year. They have some very good players, smith, enslen, lawrence, but they are not an overall good team compared to the teams since 2010. Ncc's OC is turrible. Kids are still out of position and they have no business running a 4-3. But they are still 3-4 tds better than any other team in the east and most of the teams in the west. They would beat murray, caldwell would score a 100 on them, desales and cal would beat them by 40. The only reason, and i no someone will bring it up, that somerset was in the game last year is they threw the ball to cheveron, however u spell it, and he was ridiculously fast.
I've been looking into NCC a little more and really they haven't beat anybody impressive at all. Newport is the best win. Fleming county and pburg both better than that. then after those the next best team ncc has played is Lloyd memorial. Lca, Paris, and Leslie county are better than them.

This game is going to be closer than I originally thought. that said.

28-27 go valley!!!!
Shelby Valley
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:See, this is y sv is going get beat by 3-4 tds. U guys think prestonsburg is a good team. They would finish 4th in Ncc's district. If they were good, they would have beaten sv.

I can't believe I'm having to come on here and defend P-Burg... :biggrin:

Prestonsburg IS a good team. They have won tough road games at Danville and Hazard, not to mention the fact that they DID beat SV earlier this year. They finished the year 10-3 and were ranked in the top 10 in 2A all year.

You can't seriously think they would finish 4th in NCC's district. I expect they would finish 2nd, but I might entertain the possibility that Newport could upset them and knock them down to 3rd. But they would beat Lloyd by 2-3 TD's, so no way they finish 4th.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JJUK Wrote:Hearing that starting DE/OLB for Valley broke his leg and maybe another key player with a season ending injury. If true would be a big hit to the Valley D.

Hope he's ok.
This young man lives for football. He has waited his entire life for this moment and he will not let anything stand in the way of his dream. Andrew Newsome is not the average player and NCC will find that out the hard way on Friday night.
guys, ur wrong. those teams are not good football teams. im sorry, ur just wrong. lloyd would beat those teams. facts are facts.
Since it is the week of Thanksgiving my thoughts on Newport Central Catholic. May they be thankful for the thrashing the are about to recieve! Have a nice banquet and pat each other on the back, good season! Enjoy the final trip back north for the season! #teamofdestiny GO SVHS!!!
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:guys, ur wrong. those teams are not good football teams. im sorry, ur just wrong. lloyd would beat those teams. facts are facts.

Everything that has been made bold is an opinion. How is that a fact? Just curious.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:guys, ur wrong. those teams are not good football teams. im sorry, ur just wrong. lloyd would beat those teams. facts are facts.

Lloyd would not even keep it close against SV or P-Burg. Either team beats Lloyd by 2-3 TD's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:See, this is y sv is going get beat by 3-4 tds. U guys think prestonsburg is a good team. They would finish 4th in Ncc's district. If they were good, they would have beaten sv. The point of all this is, ncc is not very good team this year. They have some very good players, smith, enslen, lawrence, but they are not an overall good team compared to the teams since 2010. Ncc's OC is turrible. Kids are still out of position and they have no business running a 4-3. But they are still 3-4 tds better than any other team in the east and most of the teams in the west. They would beat murray, caldwell would score a 100 on them, desales and cal would beat them by 40. The only reason, and i no someone will bring it up, that somerset was in the game last year is they threw the ball to cheveron, however u spell it, and he was ridiculously fast.

Alright, you don't have a realistic expectation of EKY football. Since you believe Prestonsburg or Valley are not good football teams, contact Philip Haywood and put Belfry on your schedule. I'm pretty certain they have openings week 0, 2, and 6. They'll show you real fast what an EKY football team is made of. Maybe then you'll understand EKY football.
CK-9 Wrote:Since it is the week of Thanksgiving my thoughts on Newport Central Catholic. May they be thankful for the thrashing the are about to recieve! Have a nice banquet and pat each other on the back, good season! Enjoy the final trip back north for the season! #teamofdestiny GO SVHS!!!

Sure!!!
Real Badman Wrote:Alright, you don't have a realistic expectation of EKY football. Since you believe Prestonsburg or Valley are not good football teams, contact Philip Haywood and put Belfry on your schedule. I'm pretty certain they have openings week 0, 2, and 6. They'll show you real fast what an EKY football team is made of. Maybe then you'll understand EKY football.

NCC played Belfry in 2006.

Belfry won 7-6.

NCC went on to win the State Title in 2A. Belfry reached the Semi-Finals before getting dominated by Russell 19-0.

That 2006 NewCath team was much better than the 2014 edition of NewCath. That was one of the weaker Belfry teams of the past decade.

Belfry is 3-0 in their last 3 matchups against NKY teams defeating previously mentioned NewCath, Cov. Holy Cross, and Lloyd Memorial. The Lloyd team they beat in the Semi's is probably the best Lloyd Memorial team of the past 20 years.

For the sake of comparison last year:
NewCath 49
Somerset 48

Belfry 37
Somerset 12
It is going to be very fun coming back to this thread after Friday. A lot of people on both sides making boastful comments! Who is going to be right and who will be making excuses?
You guys really have to stop with the comparison stuff! no common opponents, nothing. The only commonality that anyone can produce is from last year or 15 years ago. One thing that you can't deny is that the eastern Kentucky people believe in their teams. I suggest that you believe this, NCC Will respect your team and not take you lightly. That being said, you're in for a long night.
sstack Wrote:It is going to be very fun coming back to this thread after Friday. A lot of people on both sides making boastful comments! Who is going to be right and who will be making excuses?

The vast majority of the boasting is coming from the northern KY end of things. That's where you see posters proclaiming that Shelby Valley is a bad team, and everyone they played this year is also a bad team. You will also see predictions of a running clock, and of 4 touchdown margins of victory for NewCath.

The main thing is see as "boasting" coming from the eastern end, is a few posters who have the audacity to think SV could actually win this thing. Myself, I wouldn't go quite that far, but I don't think they will get embarassed either.

Most of us are simply trying to defend Shelby Valley (and eastern KY football as a whole) from those who think our best teams can't even hold a candle to middle-of-the-pack northern teams.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NCC will probably dominate this game unless they let Shelby valleys field goal kicker become a factor. One of the best in Kentucky 1-6 A:worthy:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next