Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2014
Get out and support your team guys. Just sayin Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:Get out and support your team guys. Just sayin Confusedhh:

team or teams? post scores?:pondering:
I do not know how there season will go, but I will say this. They got off the bus and played well. I was very surprised as to how well Whitley Co. looked. The Qb did well all evening. The first 20 plays they looked as good as either of the other teams. If the recievers had continued to catch the ball as well as they did in the beginning, then thay out played both corbin and Breathitt. Scores were hardto keep up with since the first hour was 2 teams rotating every play on offense and one staying on def for around 10 plays. All in all Whitley and Corbin out played breathitt just a bit. Whitley fans improvement is here. Did not see Mills, did hear this evening that he and his brother may be going this weekend to Western Hills.
^
Heard the same thing from my brother who was there. He said it was decent little crowd for something as simple as a 7 on 7. That's the effect of having Corbin and Whitley do anything against each other in football. I think Woods will do fine. Whitley should have a couple of very speedy kids on the outsides that could make things happen. Im three hours away and haven't seen a single practice, but all ive been told is the Mills have moved and ive heard no different.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I do not know how there season will go, but I will say this. They got off the bus and played well. I was very surprised as to how well Whitley Co. looked. The Qb did well all evening. The first 20 plays they looked as good as either of the other teams. If the recievers had continued to catch the ball as well as they did in the beginning, then thay out played both corbin and Breathitt. Scores were hardto keep up with since the first hour was 2 teams rotating every play on offense and one staying on def for around 10 plays. All in all Whitley and Corbin out played breathitt just a bit. Whitley fans improvement is here. Did not see Mills, did hear this evening that he and his brother may be going this weekend to Western Hills.

hopefully Mills will return. he is a game changer.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Heard the same thing from my brother who was there. He said it was decent little crowd for something as simple as a 7 on 7. That's the effect of having Corbin and Whitley do anything against each other in football. I think Woods will do fine. Whitley should have a couple of very speedy kids on the outsides that could make things happen. Im three hours away and haven't seen a single practice, but all ive been told is the Mills have moved and ive heard no different.

I'm still waiting on 64bandwagonSUR to tell the score :biglmao:
Which teams will be at the Western Hills tournament?
pjdoug Wrote:I'm still waiting on 64bandwagonSUR to tell the score :biglmao:

All I will say in the end Corbin was the better team...This atmosphere was great to see Corbin and Whitley on the field together...both team enjoy playing one another, you could tell these kids knows each other...Good sportsmanship from all 3 teams....Big crowd for a 7 on 7 scrimmage. :truestory: I couldn't keep up with the scores I was talking to much.
64SUR Wrote:All I will say in the end Corbin was the better team...This atmosphere was great to see Corbin and Whitley on the field together...both team enjoy playing one another, you could tell these kids knows each other...Good sportsmanship from all 3 teams....Big crowd for a 7 on 7 scrimmage. :truestory: I couldn't keep up with the scores I was talking to much.

what made Corbin the better team? give some details :please::popcorn:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm still waiting on 64bandwagonSUR to tell the score :biglmao:

pjdoug Wrote:what made Corbin the better team? give some details :please::popcorn:

ITs like this pjdoug Whitley needs to play more 7 on 7 games....Come Monday to Corbin and you can watch Somerset, LCA, and Owensboro Catholics at Corbin...:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:ITs like this pjdoug Whitley needs to play more 7 on 7 games....Come Monday to Corbin and you can watch Somerset, LCA, and Owensboro Catholics at Corbin...:Cheerlead

you are avoiding the question:ChairHit:
As with any 7 on 7, you cannot make assumptions on any team due to there being no line play. I stopped by on my way back home from Chattanooga and watched for about an hour since I was off work early. I too thought the atmosphere was great.

Corbin certainly looked to be the most skilled of the bunch but Whitley looked very crisp as well. Corbin seemed to be working on their long ball more whereas Whitley was focusing more on the quick slats and short passes. Breathitt looked to be doing more of the short game as well but I'll honestly say that I didn't pay them as much attention.

The biggest concern for Whitley seems to be reads. The QB did a fine job but did seem to be a little slower making the reads. That could lead to some picks in an 11 on 11 situation. His accuracy was very good and he put a nice touch on a few deeper balls. I definitely see Whitley taking a turn for the better. The recievers ran nice clean routes but may need to work on getting a little more separation. All in all, it was a nice day for the Colonels.

As for Corbin, sure, I'm a Redhound fan but I like to call things how I see them. The hype coming into this season is justified. They return a lot of talent and it showed. I was impressed with how well they seem to be adjusting to a non typical Corbin offense. The receivers ran very good routes, got the separation they needed and were definitely over powering the defense. What really stood out to me was Corbin's defense. As with any 7 on 7, the offense is going to complete a high percentage of passes but rarely did they get anything more. The Redhound D was quick to the ball and got the two hands on the WR almost as soon as he caught it. I think we will see a lot of big time hits from the Redhound secondary based on their reaction time and getting to the point of attack so soon.

It was definitely different to see programs like Corbin and Whitley work so much on the passing game but I think the future is going to be very fun. Again, I know this was a 7 on 7 but I hope both teams don't forget that their bread and butter was, is, and always will be overpowering teams and running the ball. It's just nice to see them add another weapon to their arsenal. It will really help down the road in the playoffs when they face teams from the city or Northern KY who aren't as old school.
HAROLD Wrote:As with any 7 on 7, you cannot make assumptions on any team due to there being no line play. I stopped by on my way back home from Chattanooga and watched for about an hour since I was off work early. I too thought the atmosphere was great.

Corbin certainly looked to be the most skilled of the bunch but Whitley looked very crisp as well. Corbin seemed to be working on their long ball more whereas Whitley was focusing more on the quick slats and short passes. Breathitt looked to be doing more of the short game as well but I'll honestly say that I didn't pay them as much attention.

The biggest concern for Whitley seems to be reads. The QB did a fine job but did seem to be a little slower making the reads. That could lead to some picks in an 11 on 11 situation. His accuracy was very good and he put a nice touch on a few deeper balls. I definitely see Whitley taking a turn for the better. The recievers ran nice clean routes but may need to work on getting a little more separation. All in all, it was a nice day for the Colonels.

As for Corbin, sure, I'm a Redhound fan but I like to call things how I see them. The hype coming into this season is justified. They return a lot of talent and it showed. I was impressed with how well they seem to be adjusting to a non typical Corbin offense. The receivers ran very good routes, got the separation they needed and were definitely over powering the defense. What really stood out to me was Corbin's defense. As with any 7 on 7, the offense is going to complete a high percentage of passes but rarely did they get anything more. The Redhound D was quick to the ball and got the two hands on the WR almost as soon as he caught it. I think we will see a lot of big time hits from the Redhound secondary based on their reaction time and getting to the point of attack so soon.

It was definitely different to see programs like Corbin and Whitley work so much on the passing game but I think the future is going to be very fun. Again, I know this was a 7 on 7 but I hope both teams don't forget that their bread and butter was, is, and always will be overpowering teams and running the ball. It's just nice to see them add another weapon to their arsenal. It will really help down the road in the playoffs when they face teams from the city or Northern KY who aren't as old school.

Thanks Harold. Great analysis. I would have liked to of seen it.
HAROLD Wrote:As with any 7 on 7, you cannot make assumptions on any team due to there being no line play. I stopped by on my way back home from Chattanooga and watched for about an hour since I was off work early. I too thought the atmosphere was great.

good report. it could take the Colonels a while but I think they are definitely moving in the right direction. I love a good powering running game but I am excited to hear they are working on slant passes. I love slants and have been hoping they would throw one for years now Confusednicker:
^power*
I'm with you 100% on that, brother. Our schools may be getting fancy with the pass but it's still all about that smashmouth in these parts. It's good to see Chappel and Haddix bring some different new wrinkles to the offense.

As for Whitley, they're likely still 2-3 years from reaching their max potential but I could see them giving teams some scares until then. Too many good looking athletes to not make significant strides. I know Chappel wasn't the best coach at Laurel County but he also was at a school that shows little to no support for football. I expect him to do well and get WC back into the playoffs or further.
HAROLD Wrote:I'm with you 100% on that, brother. Our schools may be getting fancy with the pass but it's still all about that smashmouth in these parts. It's good to see Chappel and Haddix bring some different new wrinkles to the offense.

As for Whitley, they're likely still 2-3 years from reaching their max potential but I could see them giving teams some scares until then. Too many good looking athletes to not make significant strides. I know Chappel wasn't the best coach at Laurel County but he also was at a school that shows little to no support for football. I expect him to do well and get WC back into the playoffs or further.

smashmouth with the ability to pass is all you needSmile. you are probably right on Whitley's potential.they definitely have the talent if they can get them out to play.I'm sure Chappell has learned a lot since his South laurel days.

Did Whitley show much speed in the 7 on 7?
IMO Harold you smashmouth running game is over. You can not do both well.
Whitley was the 2nd best team in attendance. They did have some good looking players. I have yisdro will miss the early part of the season?
How did the 7 on 7 at Western Hills go?
pjdoug Wrote:How did the 7 on 7 at Western Hills go?

:betterthanexpected:
colonels will be fine I would trade your problems for ours (McCreary) any day. we want Bozeman back
pjdoug Wrote:How did the 7 on 7 at Western Hills go?
"We beat Western Hills & Rowan County. Did not play well in a loss to North Oldham but bounced back & played very competitive vs Ryle in a close loss."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitley-C...6828719476
two perry cent coaches hummm it will be interesting
jamesdeane Wrote:"We beat Western Hills & Rowan County. Did not play well in a loss to North Oldham but bounced back & played very competitive vs Ryle in a close loss."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitley-C...6828719476

I wonder if Mills was there
Banker's Bank Wrote:colonels will be fine I would trade your problems for ours (McCreary) any day. we want Bozeman back

will trade him to you for some draft picks:biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:will trade him to you for some draft picks:biglmao:

gladly who you want lol we will give three for one
Banker's Bank Wrote:gladly who you want lol we will give three for one

^Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:will trade him to you for some draft picks:biglmao:

send him back home where he belongs and we will send you two former colonels and and anyone else you want
Luke Allen was outstanding, I don't know if Whitley can get there this year, but I just wonder if any team there was better than Whitley, if YISDRO had been there.